Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:52 am
Anyone here into archery?
I currently own 3 bows, 1 darton excel compound for hunting, and 2 vintage fiberglass bows one recurve and one longbow. Stopped shooting for like 10 years and I'm just getting back into it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:25 am
I would LOVE to do archery. I tried it a long time ago and loved it but I just haven't had the money to put into actually learning. :/  

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 am
I do it every now and then when I get the chance to. There's an indoor archery range somewhat near me. Don't really own any archery stuff though. Just use their in house stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:39 am
Tai Takahashi
I would LOVE to do archery. I tried it a long time ago and loved it but I just haven't had the money to put into actually learning. :/

It doesn't have to cost much lots of equipment can be picked up used on craigslist for a bargain. I see used bows in decent condition for 25-65 bucks all the time. Competitive archery can get expensive though.

@kuro: I just shoot for fun in my free time at an indoor range not far from me. Not a hunter yet though.  

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:16 am
Teh_plague
Tai Takahashi

It doesn't have to cost much lots of equipment can be picked up used on craigslist for a bargain. I see used bows in decent condition for 25-65 bucks all the time. Competitive archery can get expensive though.

Craigslist? What a revelation. I honestly never thought to look there. lol
I may just have to set aside my pennies from now on.

I did find a tutorial for making a quicky PVC bow that I want to try first. I'm curious to see how it holds up to hunting with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:08 pm
I'm actually a big fan of pvc archery. I recently bought enough pvc to make 4 bows as an experiment. Just haven't gotten to it yet. It seems like from what I've seen of the pvc bows that the only thing that they lack is the speed at which they can fire an arrow. But for 3 bucks worth of pvc and an hour or three of work it seems like a great starting point.  

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Warchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 pm
I just got done shooting the a trial tournament today. Ugh it was a poor score, however, in my defense, I have not shot 60 and 70 m in like 5 years.

Speaking of which, I have recently learned that someone wanted to try archery because of Inuyasha.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:18 pm
Tai Takahashi
There are classes that you can do or go to a range just to try it out. If you lived near me than I could totally help out.  

Warchant

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:56 pm
I've never shot competition style or kept a score just keep aiming for the bullseyes never shoot past 40 yards or so because that's the limit of the indoor range I shoot at. But there are clubs and leagues everywhere where one could meet some folks who can teach and have fun with  
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games