Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Cigarettes... the new target for stupidity?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is worse, alcohol or cigarettes?
  Alcohol!
  Tobacco!
  They're both the devil!
  Neither! In fact, I do both!
  Neither, I don't really care!
  I have no opinion, I'll just follow everyone else... damn I want gold.
View Results

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:45 pm
Biites
Rellik San
Biites
Kittykibblez
Smoking Is VILE!!! Not only are you killing yourself but when you smoke you're killing everybody else around you too! mad

That was a very thought out and intelligent reply, full of interesting ideas and viewpoints, thank you.

But truly, who are you to tell people what they are allowed to do to themselves? And as for it killing other people, secondhand smoke kills children that breathe it from age 1 all day long until they are 18 because their idiot parents smoke and their house is always filled with smoke. You do not get cancer from breathing secondhand smoke at parties every other weekend. The French fries you eat at Macdonald's are killing you ten times faster than any second hand smoke.

Both parents, heavy smokers, I'm not dead... neither are my sisters. smile Your point is technically inbalid. smile

My point was that smoking (ESPECIALLY second hand smoke) isn't as bad as all of the lovely opinionated anti-smoking zealots would like to think. And I'm glad your not dead. smile But what I meant is you are much more at risk for lung cancer than other people. "Smoking" never kills anyone, cancer does.
But you can balance that risk, by leading a reasonably healthy life style.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:56 am
Biites
Kakei Setsunai
Biites
The French fries you eat at Macdonald's are killing you ten times faster than any second hand smoke.

I concur.

smile Thank you, my arguments never get any sympathy.

Just goes to show that people ragging on smokers are just bias or have some sort of agenda. There are a ton of much more relevant, much more deadly things that surround us all of the time. But still, people who drive 20 miles to work alone in their cars every day instead of riding the bus give me s**t for smoking. There's a circle in Dante's hell reserved for hypocrites you assholes.

My though is that peple don't really think about the who idea of smoking for themselves and the fact that it more often than not only effects the individual. They mostly just spout off what they have been told to, even if they used to smoke then had a bright idea of "Oh, Ths is bad for me!" Then all they really do is become hypocties in the end. Like you said. ^^  

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

Herself Online

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:28 pm
They both can be lethal. Smoking causes cancer and booze in excess can kill several people in a matter of minutes(DUI).

I am pretty ignorant though as to why people smoke.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff