Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q]Wynter North the Yeti [Ready]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snow!
  <3
  </3
View Results

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:11 pm
LET THERE BE SNOW.
User Image
What's this? What's this?
There's color everywhere
What's this?
There's white things in the air
What's this?
I can't believe my eyes
I must be dreaming...

There's frost on every window
Oh, I can't believe my eyes
And in my bones I feel the warmth
That's coming from inside...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:48 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

User Image
Name: Wynter North
Nicknames: Nort, Wyn, Bumble, Chill, Snowie, Abominable Snowdude.

Faction: Monster
Race: Yeti

Natural Ability: Causing snowstorms or Shape shift to Yeti.

Personality: Wynter is an easy going kinda of guy. He enjoys spending most of his days in cold places as he tends to loathe overly hot areas. The only thing he doesn't mind that requires body heat is hugging and cuddles! Don't let his size fool you! He is a big ol' softy at heart--think the gentle giant! Other things he likes besides some lovin' is shiny things as it reminds him of ice and crystals. He tends to collect shiny objects and place them all around his living space.

History:
Up until the age of 16 years old Wynter had been happily living with his parents in their new home. The reason it was new was because they tended to move around a lot due to hunters wanting their horns for medicine--how silly was that!--and their fur was supposedly used to keep their fleshy-selves warm. One night he was sat down by both his parents to have a talk about his future. Turns out he was being pushed by his parents to be more independent. They were both old fashion in the aspect of: one needed to provide for themselves in order to be a better monster/person. So Wynter had left his snowhome to find out what future had in store for him. It had all been going well for about a week when...

Wynter woke up in raging snowstorm going on outside an icy cave. Judging from the situation that occurred that day, he could only assume an icicle had fallen and knocked him on the noggin. The only thing that kept him going was the possibility of getting into Amityville Academy and his chances of monster-y success~

- snow
- fluffy things
- You!
- Shiny things
- small animals/collecting animals
- sweet food/treats

Dislikes:
- HOT DAYS
- Over Heating
- abuse
- hunters (he can put up with them but >_> he would prefer not too)

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Wynter's reason is to be around others. To interact with more species or humans. From what he can recall pre-bump was that his parents deemed--"all creatures great and small are the enemy. They only want one thing: to murder our kind." Which honestly he had a hard time believing and thought was a bit on the paranoid side. Another aspect of enrollment is to try to become more accustomed to heat--slowly, very slow steps; baby steps even! Also the idea of running into other Yeti or Abdominal Snow is appealing to him.

FEAR Ability:
The Chill: When Wynter uses this technique he tends to bring up his fear of hunters. Another aspect of using his fear ability is the thought of loosing someone important to him. To him the thought of a friend or family member is horrific. Wynter would rather take the damage then see those close to him in pain.

Physical Description:
Height: 6ft
weight: 225
Eye Colour: Icy Blue
Hair Colour/Style:
Colour: White
Style: Wind blown, wild, unkept.
Skin Colour: White.
Clothing Style/Colours:
- Furry shoulder pads
- White leather jacket
- white fluffy chest hair
- white leather pants
Hands:
- grey nails that are lightly tipped
Other:
- Grey horns on top of this head
- bare feet with grey claws/nails (same colour as fingernails)
Accessories:
- shiny things! like crystal jewelry in his hair or bling.
- something cute? like a fluffy plushie or small animal that could survive in cold weather.

References: see first post.

Plot Ideas:

Songs: North's Playlist:
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers- Snow
2. LIGHTS- Ice
3. Linkin Park- Castle of Glass
4. What if the Storm Ends- Snow Patrol
5. Limp- Behind Blue Eyes (for angsty timz)
6. LIGHTS- White
7. Coldplay- Paradise
8. Peter, Bjorn and John- Second Chance
9. M & S- The Cave
10. Go Radio- Goodnight Moon
11. Ellie Goulding- Lights
12. Let it Snow- Dean Martin
Pin:  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:00 pm
Pets:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:29 pm
User Image
one more shiny incase!

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 pm
Hey there!
I'd just like to note that you can just make him be a yeti without tacking on the 'were' even if his natural ability is still shapeshifting into his true form. Yetis alone are pretty legit as a monster race, just as dragons are. There are several dragons and other monsters that are their base species and have shapeshifting without being a lycanthrope.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:51 pm
Blade Kuroda
Hey there!
I'd just like to note that you can just make him be a yeti without tacking on the 'were' even if his natural ability is still shapeshifting into his true form. Yetis alone are pretty legit as a monster race, just as dragons are. There are several dragons and other monsters that are their base species and have shapeshifting without being a lycanthrope.

Thank you Blade, I will fix that right up. 3nodding I appreciate the input!  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:51 am
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:05 pm
Hello! biggrin You requested crit so I am here to give it~!

The first thing that jumped out at me was actually what Blade said, haha. No need to make him a were, he could be a straight-up Yeti and that'd be totally fine!

As for his natural ability, if he's a normal yeti he can actually just shift in-out of natural form based on if he's wearing his skull pin or not, which would remove the need for you to take shapeshifting as a natural ability - you could put something else in there instead! (Of course, that would mean that if he's in a situation where the skull pin is mandatory he would be 'stuck' in student form, so choose wisely.)

Also, just to make absolutely sure - by 'hunters' in your description you mean like... people who hunt, not Deus Ex Machina Hunters, right? Because ordinary citizens of Halloween generally don't know about Hunters except as silly stories parents tell their kids to make them eat their vegetables or whatever. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean Deus hunters but just to be sure. C:

One other thing - his history. There is nothing wrong with it as it stands, it would be approved - but! I'm not really sure why the memory loss is needed. He can want to seek out others and that combined with the independence push from his parents could easily be a motivation for him to go to Amityville, no memory loss needed. If you like it as is that's fine, you don't need to change it, but I'd encourage you to think about making his trip to Amityville an active choice on his part, not just the only confused option he has. Active choices make for interesting storytelling. biggrin

I hope this was helpful! Feel free to ping or PM me about anything~ C:

Tara de Draiocht

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:23 pm
Sosiqui

Firstly; thank you for your input! biggrin

And yeah I was a bit confused on that because lol I thought that's what the natural ability was; shapeshifting. And yeah to be "stuck" I don't know if I would want that but I will take it in consideration.

And yes people who hunt 3nodding And okay I will switch the memory loss up 8D I thought--well I thought for some reason it was semi-mandatory for them to have partial memories XD

Again thank you!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 am
heart Updated~ Finally had time  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:33 pm
Tara de Draiocht
heart Updated~ Finally had time

Were you still looking for critique? I think most of my commentary is agreeing with previous comments- not to sounds like a butt- you said you updayed, but it still looks like the things that people were commenting on are still the same? I'm not sure if I'm missing an edit post somewhere, but I agree that he doesn't need to have gotten conked out to decide to go to class and it would be more interesting, if say- he had a minor epiphany that his parents were acting strange, or being paranoid (because he seems like he's an independent guy who thinks for himself) it would probably be a more compelling reason for him to decide in a major lifestyle change :3 Overall I like his profile and would be interested in seeing him developed further!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:53 pm
Thank you for your input/compliment on his profile! I may update in future. Idk.
That's a good idea about the "he had a minor epiphany that his parents were acting strange, or being paranoid.." Maybe his parents didnt want him to leave. ...hmm  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:19 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:22 pm
heart  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items