Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
I just want to know....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kawaii~Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:45 pm
I just got the game and is it more complicated and less fun with the fear/wants and the aspiration added on to the game? xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:06 pm
At first but after a while it gets more fun!  

Faith the Bloody

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:46 pm
It seems intimidating, but really it's not so bad. It's actually fun when you get the hang of it. But when things go bad, they go really bad.

A visit from the shrink is always fun though. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:07 am
I usually ignore their fears,and try to get their wants....actually I don't even look for the words wants or fears.But when I get their aspiration points above 14,000(it's easy getting that much) and buy this machine thingy and make their mood happy.  

Mew_Snu

Sweet_Melissad

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:10 pm
I think that having their wants and fears gives you more to work for. I really enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:19 pm
I really enjoy the wants and fears in the game. They add something to do with your time besides sitting there. And also, it was a priceless moment to watch the Goth daughter get left at the alter. She went totally nuts and started blabbering incoherently. The shrink came outta nowhere and I nearly lost it.  

sanandreasaholic

Sytomai

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:04 pm
I like the wants/fears and Asperation bar. It gives you rewards. But, I do like the acne (teen) and therapists (shrink).  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:32 am
I kind of like the wants and fears, It gives the sims a chance to be more like people.

TheNamelessAngelofHell

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:59 am
Kawaii~Phoenix
I just got the game and is it more complicated and less fun with the fear/wants and the aspiration added on to the game? xp

It's easy to ignore it. neutral

I mean, it's good to fufill a want every now and then, but other than that, I just focus on my sims motives.

Here's a tip too: If you want to save a "want" that's worth alot of points, right-click it to lock it so you can fufill it later. wink  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:48 pm
Banana-nana
It seems intimidating, but really it's not so bad. It's actually fun when you get the hang of it. But when things go bad, they go really bad.

A visit from the shrink is always fun though. xd

Zwiebelsaft!

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:32 pm
hey, at least we get individualise sims with varried wants. the sims before are just like clones of one another. now not all of them wants and fear the same thing biggrin .  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:05 pm
there is alot more point to their lives with the aspiration bar...
i mean, you get to sample what they really hate/want! :J

in the sims1, it was a constant blahhfest with just keeping their wants and jobs at tiptop pace :/  

kara_neko

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:52 am
I like it but do not always use it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:13 pm
I was stuck playing Sims 1 on PC forever, because I didn't have a computer that could run Sims 2. When I finally did, though, the wants and fears were a bit hard for me to understand. But eventually you get used to it, and you can use the points for some pretty nice rewards.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
The Sims 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers