Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:19 pm
User ImageContinuation of this rp...

Perhaps it had been cruel to leave the lioness on her own, but life was cruel at times and a wise lion often learned the best lessons in the worst situations. At least that was the garbage he had been fed growing up. Here in the land of the sea-gypsies, experience was the best teacher. Poor Chel would be left crown-less, companion-less, and likely stretched thin to her very last wit for nearly an entire day. Through that time, it would feel as though the shadows followed her. The rocks had eyes, the sea was listening, and the world was leaning over to watch as she wandered, searching for the male that had made off with her treasure.

Among the eyes hidden carefully within the rocks and shadows was Tulio's. He kept a close eye on the female and made sure to intercept any patrons that came charging in to investigate the female stranger to their lands. The game that their pridemate was playing was amusing at the very least. Ace was already running about taking bets from willing members on whether or not Tulio would get the best of the female. Sadly, most bets were stacked against Tulio.He was clever enough around males but around females his normally sharp mind began to wobble.

Determined to gain the upper-hand, Tulio finally emerged from the shadows as the sun began to fall beyond the ocean's horizon. The shadows were at their deepest and the pride was at its most lively. The mummers would begin their songs and performances at any moment and the fortune-tellers would begin weaving their fortunes in the foreboding golden light of twilight. For a thief it was an opportune time as well.

"So how goes the treasure hunt? Have you found any of those little sand-dollars? I always find some with chunks missing. It's kind of sad, they're not worth as much."

Saint Sergio
((Sorry for the delay! Groceries happened. XD))

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Cruel wasn't the problem. Chel didn't mind being left alone. ...At least most of the time. Right now, she was just grumbling and kicking at whatever was in her path. Sometimes she threw a little mini tantrum, stamping her feet, flopping over, growling, rolling around on her back. He was infuriating. Stupid male with his stupid... stupidness! Okay, so she wasn't the most articulate when she was mad, but she was mad! That was hers and not for taking and yet here he was, taking her things and then leaving her completely alone.

Between her temper tantrums, she did sniff around, dig around in the sand and dirt to try to find something valuable. This place, however, seemed like it didn't hold any treasures aside from stupid shells that were broken or lived in by those stupid little hermit crabs. Nothing she could use to barter. "Great." Maybe a small piece of sand glass here and there, but nothing that caught her attention and made all the digging worth while. It just made her blood boil again.

She let out a huff and just sat down, back turned to the pride as she glowered and grumbled, trying to formulate some kind of plan to get it back. Maybe, just maybe he'd fall pray to good looks and a batted eye in the right place. A smirk appeared on her face as she moved to shake the dust and sand from her fur and set to grooming. While she was alone, Chel felt it was the proper time to groom because her attention wouldn't split. Who knew when he'd be back.

The sun started to set and she heard pawsteps coming up behind her. Turning her head to look at him, back still towards him, she hooded her eyes and just shrugged. "I found a few things," she murmured, waving a paw at the small pile of things she found. Just because they weren't worth while to barter with didn't mean they weren't worth while to make something out of.

Thalion

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 pm
Tulio glanced to her collected treasures and offered a patronizing smile. It was a good haul- for a cub. Shattered shells, half-fragments of beach glass, some smooth rocks, and a sand dollar or two- broken of course. They were always broken. Perhaps it would make a cute little bracelet, or fill a cocoanut with something to catch an eye. Nothing fancy, nothing too valuable. She might be able to convince one of the crafters to make her something cute to wear.

"Well you clearly aren't a scavenger. I suppose your crown has an interesting story behind it." He smirked and took a seat beside her. Glancing away, he took in the sunset over the pride's beach.

"That's not treasure here, not to this pride. Gypsy gold- you're looking at piiles of it-" He waved a paw towards the ocean. "See it?"
Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:03 am
She saw that look and her sweet smile morphed into a glare and a snarl before Chel caught herself. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, the lioness composed herself to at least force a smile at his words instead of cuffing him over the head like she wanted to. She ran her tongue over her teeth and then made a sucking noise before she flicked her ears this way and that. At least Chel's fur didn't bristle with annoyance at his smile and words.

She was more of a scavenger than him. She'd managed to scavenge a whole crown! "You're wrong. I'm a better scavenger than you are."

Gypsy gold? She peered out towards the ocean and just kind of stared at it. "Water. I see water and waves. What are you, sun sick? Have you stayed in the sun too long?" She asked, putting a paw on his shoulders and shoving him roughly.

Okay, so she may still be trying to flirt to get the location of her crown out of him.

Thalion

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:48 pm
"Yup, you're a better scavenger than I am. Good thing that's not my specialty." He countered in a matter-of-fact tone. "Scavenging is pretty much... picking up someone's garbage. It doesn't take a lot of kill to do that. Doesn't make for good stories either." He bobbed his shoulders. Perhaps if one of the carcasses got up and started talking, that would make a good story. Or if the trinkets had twine and the scavenger was led into a trap- that would make a good one too. But.. scraping about in the sand or grass to find bits of stuff just left to rot in the sun or be washed over by the waves- that was dull.

He rolled his eyes at her observation. How shallow. Here he was trying to be all poetic.

"You aren't looking. Gypsy gold isn't something you can steal- or hold." He motioned out to the waves again. "See it? Millions of drops of sunlight on the waves, like a pile of coins. It's shining off the tops of rocks, it's coming off the spray down the coastline."

Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:30 pm
She gloated in the fact he agreed, even if it was backhanded of him. His next words made Chel glare again and then just kind of rubbed at her face with her paw in an exasperated motion. Honestly, the male was very, very good looking, but he was kind of a pain in her backside. "Scavenging stories are what I grew up on. Digging up gold, riches beyond your wildest dreams. That's how kings get their start. That's how I'm going to live the life I want. Rich beyond my wildest dream, surrounded by pretty things...." She gave a wistful sigh before looking to the water again.

Right. Magical. "Much rather have the coins. What can sunlight on water get you? Dizzy, that's what." Poetry might as well be lost on her. She's a very materialistic female. Her tail flicked and hummed before she slid up against him, rubbing their sides together. "Though it is pretty romantic, don't you think?"

Thalion

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:37 pm
While the female looked out, the careful paws of the thief liberated one of the earrings hanging from the lioness' ear. It was a swift, fluid motion in the blink of an eye with the touch of but a feather. He had become quite good at his profession over time. He juggled the little trinket in-between his toes while the lioness looked out, commenting on her own viewpoint of the landscape.

"It's a pretty good distraction too. Shiny. Pretty. Colorful. Bright." He held up the earring and smirked. "Here's the deal, lady. Getting my paws dirty? Digging, scavenging... it's a game of chance. You don't know if you'll find something worth-while or a pile of left-behinds. In the meantime you get tired, worn down, and you get dirty."

He sneered. "However, if you just... let some other sap do all the hard work, all you have to do is find said sap and take advantage of them. Distract them with something pretty- or romantic as you nicely pointed out- and nab the riches for yourself."

He flicked the earring back over. "Another tip, keep your eyes on the paws at all times if you want to keep your belongings."

Saint Sergio

1,511 Wordcount total so far.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 am
She'd let her guard down for one nanosecond and he went and pinched her earring. What a freaking charmer. Listening to his words, Chel turned her head, watching him and then arched a brow until the earring was flicked back in her direction. She hissed at him, a growl bubbling up in her throat as she put the earring back in place and then let her fur bristle.

Well, no sense in getting mad. She could take that as a lesson, get even with him. With a little hum, Chel shrugged lightly. "You're a silly boy. You'll see. I'll be teaching you a thing or two before I get my crown and just be on my happy little way."

He was slick, she admired that. His touch was completely feather light; he hadn't noticed the theft, but he didn't seem interested in keeping it, as he gave it back. She needed to explore this... pride, gather information on him, figure out his weakness and his most treasured possession and then take it for herself. Getting to all her paws again, Chel stretched out and then jumped upon a large rock, brown eyes narrowed as she watched him. "So go away. I'm trying to do something."

Thalion

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:58 pm
"Before you get it?" He echoed with an arched brow. "So the scavenger thinks she knows better than the thief? I hate to tell you, but this is my home turf. I have the advantage, and I'm not afraid to use it." Tulio flicked his tail and rose up to all fours.

"But-", he mirrored her stretching, perhaps to rub salt in the wound to her ego that he had so kindly irritated. "If you want to keep digging around in the sand and fooling yourself into thinking it might be that easy- be my guest. You won't find that crown until I want you to."

He turned his back winked over a shoulder, and started back the way he'd come. "Have a nice night!"

Saint Sergio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:52 pm
"Home turf or not, thief, I will know more than you in my short time here," she purred out. She watched as he stretched out and then snorted as his retort, watching him carefully. "I will find my crown." He was so ... attractive to her in more ways than one. Quick witted, quick with his paws, sharp tongued. Oh yes, he was dangerous and she was going to have watch out for him and better herself fairly quickly to deal with him.

Chel was no slouch when it came to learning. She was quick.

"Ta ta," she muttered, kicking a shell at his retreating backside.

Here she'd start her quest for the crown.

Thalion

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers