Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Pleasant Surprise (Jabari x Hadeth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:00 pm
User Image
Hadeth would have to make some time to see her family one of these weeks. It had been far too long since she had seen any of them and she missed them dearly. It was late afternoon, early evening and she padded lightly on the edge of the rouge lands. She wasn't sure what she was looking for. She just had a feeling like something was missing and she wanted to fill the hole she felt within her soul. She paused and looked around hesitantly before continuing south towards an area where she knew gazelle often grazed.

She was starting to get hungry and she wondered if there was going to be any easy prey available. She was going to be able to use the coming darkness to her advantage and she picked up her pace a little bit. She came upon an area where she'd seen them before and she noticed a small herd gathered near a pool of water and she scanned the group looking for the perfect target and she flicked her tail in anticipation as she finally spotted a young male with a limp.

She circled around the side of the herd and got herself into position and all she had to do was wait for the ideal moment and she'd have herself dinner.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:02 pm
The princess of the brotherhood, was now more like an adviser to her brother. Royalty, and being the eyes and ears of the king. But, she was a warrior, and unlike her brother, she was thrown to the roguelands on in a fake war to end her life with her comrades. She was the only survivor. When returning home finally, much had changed, her brother was King and she was his light. After being a hero- she had nothing to show except her existence. Growing tired and bored of being around the males she yearned to impress all her life, now apart of the males. No feeling, the vacant appeal.

She was out of the pride, unlike most could say. Their pride was very secluded and sacred. Jabari's want to scope around and make allies was more of her mission and just another excuse to be out in the world above ground.

Today she was relaxing, she'd eaten two nights before and still she remained calm and collected upon a rock that she could nearly look identical to. Her ears padded back and reminiscing a life she once knew. Being everything her father wanted, yet he was the one who sent her to her death. Joke was on him. A yawn escaped her as she watched the tall grass and a herd of prey beast roaming. Life watching.... having not noticed that someone was quite close to the prey beasts she had been watching over since this morning...

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:32 pm
Hadeth flattened herself and awaited patiently as one of the prey beast moved closer to her location. The darkness was her friend right now, had it been daylight they'd of spotted her in a moments notice. Once the animal was within range she sprang forward as fast as she could towards the middle aged animal. The animal stumbled as it became startled by the Leotahs sudden form being before it and that was all Hadeth needed as she pounced, slamming into it's shoulder, her jaw going for its neck. The rest of the scattered to the four winds but soon calmed down when they realized they weren't being chased. It was over fast and the prey beast hardly suffered as the rest of the herd went back to its foraging.

It had been a few days since she had eaten a good meal and she was quite content with her current accomplishment. The wind shifted and she caught sent of the feline that was atop some rocks not to far away. She wasn't sure what to do at this moment. She wasn't sure she was strong enough to fight off someone if they wanted her kill, but she would be willing to share. It was rather hard to find food out here sometimes. "Hello?" The wind carried her voice so it sounded almost loud to her and she took a bite out of her food. She was too hungry to just sit and wait. She could eat and wait just as easily.

She kept a crouched stance, in case she had to bolt if there was more than one out there. She'd stay if it was just a single soul out there tonight. She could hold her own, though she really didn't approve of fighting. She tried to remain neutral as best as she could but sometimes it couldn't be helped. She flicked her ears awaiting for a respond, or even a possible ambush.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:47 pm
The night was her stomping ground, like most. Naturally no one sees anyone except for the warriors and the trained eyes. Her ears swerved, when she heard a prey beast being taken down not yards away from her. The smell of blood and the sound of taring in to the meat. When she was about to ignore it and look elsewhere in to the darkness.. the faint sound of someone's voice perked her ears up. Tilting her head to hear in to it, an invitation? Please... Her eyes slitted. Ignoring. Her tail waving about... Whoever it was, had a sweet voice, but it didn't entice her enough to move. She was at peace.. and calm. Not looking for a fight tonight- for food. What could be minutes- later.. even an hour later.. Was when the thought to move came in to play.

Then the sound of something huffing came... Her head went straight... The huffing came closer- and as soon as she heard it, hit a full on run she quickly got to her feet and it didn't take long before she saw the culprit.

Quickly as soon as the hyena threw itself in to the spacious gap and just as it was about to jump on the prey- Jabari fell on top of it from the rock... Tumbling down with it, the rabid hyena started to snarl and eventually after being surprised, fought back. Jabari was a veteran... and such games were laughed at. But this creature was somewhat serious. Attacking her neck, then fidgeted around trying to slip away from her but as soon as the lioness got ahold of it's head- she slammed it in to the ground and got ahold of it's neck- pushing down as blood started to fill her maw.

It was disgusting.. The taste of a dog rather than a prey beast. The mere thought sickened her. After a while of it being pinned- she took a hefty slash to its side and let the beast go, only to have it whinned for its life before darting out in a full run....

When she got up, some scratches and things, her ears went back and watched.. After the foot steps could not be heard, she turned.. and started back to her rock again. Not even seeing the soul she had saved.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:52 pm
For her, everything seemed to happen so fast. She was waiting for a response or none at all so she could go about what she was doing and instead she hears the sound of a hyena barreling its way towards her and lord knows she wouldn't stand a chance against one of them. Preparing for the worst she sees a grey blur in the darkness fall down upon it and the fight was on.

What was a mere few moments seemed almost like an eternity for the Leotah as she stood mesmerized by what was happening. Her heart was racing in her chest and she realized she hadn't moved an inch. Was fear really capable of making one so immobile? Or was it more out of shock that she stood where she was?

With it's disgusting whine the hyena darted off and the figure emerged from the dusty darkness and started to head back up to where it had "fallen" from. "Are you alright?" Of all the things she could have said in that single moment, it had to be her asking if the figure was okay. No thank you or grovelings, not that she would ever grovel, but are you okay. She could always get to pleasantries later, right now her concern was if the other was injured. She should probably also drag the animal to higher ground.

"Do you mind if I bring my kill up there?" Might as well ask, she didn't need for someone that size to pounce on her. She'd be a gonner for sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:34 pm
The lioness was less than pleased with a hyena attacking another. Justice no matter what circumstance, she would stand up for. Whether gender was involved or not, and like her pride instilled in her. Boasting about one's strength is looked down upon and thus when she turned around to leave- she didn't think she would be stopped at all. A thanks of gratitude, she guessed she could save a second of her life to hear what the girl had to say. When she did, she merely saw what she could define as an odd looking creature. Squinting her eyes, then nodding. "Fine." The warrior was short in words.

And although the words sounded reassuring, the cuts on her were very apparent. The damn dog breeds... "If you bring up your kill... your letting it be shown as a feast. A temptation for others. Unless you don't mind being run out of her kill." Shrugging. As a female that had to defend all her life and be roughed up, it transcended in to her disposition and how 'rude' she might seem. Really, she was just a veteran and looking for retirement in the good life. "What you should do, is find a spot or a tree to stick it in. Eliminate your competition, leopard...." Realizing she hadn't introduced herself, and sighed. What kind of royal was she, not being able to introduce herself, being so secluded. How could she be an ambassador for her brother.

"I am Jabari of the Brotherhood Pride. My apologizes for not speaking up sooner, I just found it quite peaceful til that hyena showed up, I would be much more welcoming but being as I wanted to relax and forget the world for a day." Giving a nod. "But you definitely should try getting it in a tree.. Seeing as how you look like you lack nutrients in your body... even less to defend yourself.. young..." She thought about it for a moment and finally came out of it . "Where are your parents." Like she could say the same. Not knowing exactly what the creature in front of her was. She just assumed maybe it was a very young, young malnourished leopard...

Her parents were either deceased or could be stuck in a hole for all she knew. But even being as young as she was- fighting for her life in a war she was destined to die in, made her grew up significantly quicker than the norm. Thus, acted much more older than her real age.

After a long silence and stare. "If you can't, I can help."

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:23 pm
LOGGED Part

Quote:
As the female stopped and turned to acknowledge her spoken words she caught a simple fine from her. It was Hadeths opinion that she wasn't in fact fine because she could smell the blood, but if she wanted to say she was alright, she wasn't going to press the matter. Perhaps they were just superficial wounds. It seemed she was going to be firm in her decision that she was alright so she decided not to fret to much more about the fact that this female before her was injured.

The words the lioness spoke threw her off for a moment. She knew she could drag it up into a tree, though there wasn't one particularly close by and she hadn't done that in a while to be honest. Being the mix that she was she had the speed and litheness of a cheetah, but the strength of a leopard. She was just so used to eating it on the ground and sharing if someone happened to be nearby. She had thought perhaps the lioness might have been hungry but by her words it seemed not. She noted the tone, and how she said leopard, and it made her realize she was almost schooling her.

She had remained silent thus far as she soaked in the words of the female before her and her stomach grumbled slightly as she moved to her kill and secured it and dragged it closer to the rocks. Jabari of the Brotherhood Pride? It sounded very male to her. She realized that the lioness had thought she had been rude. "I assure you, no offense has been taken. I would have just pinned it up to the little skirmish you had just had. I am Hadeth, It's a pleasure to meet you." She figured she could at least respond in kind before explaining why she had wanted to put it atop the rocks instead of in a tree.

She was about to explain when the lionesses next words caught her off guard. She stared at her for a moment wondering if she was truly serious and it appeared to be that she was. She looked down at herself and wondered if she really looked that young, because she surely was not. She also understood that sometimes hybrids did look strange to those who had never met them before. Time to clear things up it seemed. "I thank you for the compliment of my youthfulness, however, I assure you I am probably as old as you, if not a little older." It was hard to judge the age of the lioness before her, but she was probably close if not correct.

"I am aware that my appearance is quite odd, but your reaction has probably been the most flattering." She said with a small bit of laughter in her voice. "I am a Leotah, my parents were a Leopard and a Cheetah, hence my thin and youthful appearance. They're some distance away from here, I left them to travel quite a few years ago." She wasn't totally surprised that the lioness had never seen one of her kind before. Hadeth herself and just met a Cheeton the other day for the first time and had thought he was just a skinny lion.

"I initially asked if I could bring the kill up there because I wished to share it if you were hungry. I suppose I should have lead off with that. I am quite capable of pulling the beast into a tree if we can find one nearby, but I figured since it was here I'd share it for the time being."

She believed she had covered everything and she waited patiently for the other to respond.

Quote:
"To be gifted with such youthful beauty at then, our age is surely a gift of the gods." Slowly she moved close and dipped her head under the kill and lifted it upon her back. “Why don’t we move this then. I have a den not too far, you can use it. I may be moving along here soon and wouldn’t mind giving you some cover with a well earned kill. Out here is just a big hot spot, no?” Looking at the hybrid in front of her. “I hadn’t happened upon your kind. I wish I could have been graced sooner.” As she started walking. “No I’m not trying to eat your food, or take it- I’m sure you understand. But it would be a change to eat with good company.” Nodding her head. “Let’s take it there then. We’ll have the cover and comfort we need.”

She was right, she did have a den, but it was between cliffs, raised ground that had a large wide open space. Enough cover, but the ceiling was low, only enough to stand normally, any larger and one would need to crawl in. As soon as she dipped her head to go in, she turned around. “Little height impaired but hey. I can beat anyone that ventures in here a lot easier than open field." Letting the dead carcass slide off her back and land. "Here is safety." Nodding as she took a few steps back and waited for the girl to take a bite first before even attempting to eat off the kill that clearly was not hers.

Quote:
She took the flattery with a smile and she followed the lioness as she picked up the kill and carried it to a safe location. She gave a nod of agreement at the females words and she couldn't help but chuckle slightly. "It's not your fault. Others have made the mistake easily enough. It's not often you see my kind." She said with a warm smile that reached her eyes. She knew the lion wasn't trying to steal her kill and was just trying to help but she went along with it anyways. "I wasn't too overly concerned that you were trying to take it. Even if you were I doubt we'd be evenly matched in a fight." She noted the females scars and knew that she meant business.

She took a look at the den that she had talked about and she gave a nod. "I like it." She said as she followed her into it and sat down next to the kill opposite the lioness. She watched as she took a step back allowing her the first bite and she tore into the soft flesh easily with her teeth and motioned for her to join in at any time. "There's plenty to go around."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:17 pm
When her den was complimented. She smiled widely, even slightly blushed.. But shook it off as quickly as it came. "You can stay as long as you want. If you like it... Since I should go home soon." Lowering her body towards the carcass as she started to break it apart. "You.. would want to share with hyenas too then?" She couldn't help but chuckle. "A hyena could come in and tear you apart and take your meat." Looking at her, really with a brow raised.. Then she tore off some extra pieces and set them aside. Since there was enough to go around, if another friendly face were to come. They could share, hopefully that would make the hybrid happy.

She didn't begin feeding til the other had taken the first bite. It was only respectful to do so.

AstoriaFallen

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:55 pm
She listened as the lioness said she could stay as long as she liked since she was going to be heading home sometime in the near future. It made her sad in the slightest. She wondered where her home was and how far she'd have to travel. Perhaps it was close and she'd be able to see the female again. "If they were friendly enough I just might." She said with a small chuckle. It was rare to meet other species that weren't willing to ripe her apart, but if there was the chance she met one that was nice she'd be willing to share.

She watched as the lioness tore some of the food apart but didn't eat anything. She then realized that she was waiting for her to take the first bite. That was nice of her. She ripped into the meat happily and chewed the tender, warm morsel and swallowed it. "Thanks again for this." she lost herself in the flavor of the meal.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games