Submit

Nottoolatetothink

Liberal Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:30 am
One can relax by trying a special form of mediation called visualisation or by doing some simple breathing exercises. See if it works for you and enjoy!

Practising Visualisation
Find a quiet, relaxed place. Sit down comfortably on a chair with your back straight.

Close your eyes and let your worries drift away. Imagine your restful place. Picture it as vividly as you can—everything you can see, hear, smell, and feel. Visualization works best if you incorporate as many sensory details as possible, using at least three of your senses. When visualizing, choose imagery that appeals to you; don’t select images because someone else suggests them, or because you think they should be appealing. Let your own images come up and work for you.

If you are thinking about a dock on a quiet lake, for example:
◾Walk slowly around the dock and notice the colors and textures around you.
◾Spend some time exploring each of your senses.
◾See the sun setting over the water.
◾Hear the birds singing.
◾Smell the pine trees.
◾Feel the cool water on your bare feet.
◾Taste the fresh, clean air.

Enjoy the feeling of deep relaxation that envelopes you as you slowly explore your restful place. When you are ready, gently open your eyes and come back to the present.

Here are some quick relaxation techniques you can try at any time of the day!

Breathing Techniques#1
Sit comfortably with your back straight. Breathe in slowly through your nose for 10 seconds and then breathe out slowly through your mouth for 10 seconds. Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in...breathe out...breathe in...breathe out.

Breathing Techniques #2
Sit comfortably on a chair. Press down gently on the right opening of your nose and breathe in slowly with the left opening. Close the left opening of your nose and release the right opening of your nose and breathe out slowly.
Now breathe in through your right opening, close the right opening and breathe out through your left. Keep repeating this until you are fully relaxed.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 am
If I need to relax I usually put on a pair of good headphones (That can somewhat muffle the sounds around you) and listen to both this and this, while reading a good book. That usually helps me. 3nodding

But I should give these other methods a try, they might help quicker than my usual method. Thank you for posting this.

Deidrice

Kawaii Jackling

22,115 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Nottoolatetothink

Liberal Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:25 pm
Deidrice
If I need to relax I usually put on a pair of good headphones (That can somewhat muffle the sounds around you) and listen to both this and this, while reading a good book. That usually helps me. 3nodding

But I should give these other methods a try, they might help quicker than my usual method. Thank you for posting this.

I do that too! biggrin
I prefer using earpieces because headphones are really big and it feels tight around my head.
The following methods are meant for deep relaxation. I hope you enjoy your day!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:40 pm
Goldensparkz
Deidrice

I do that too! biggrin
I prefer using earpieces because headphones are really big and it feels tight around my head.

I also find killing zombies on L4D2 quite relaxing too but I'm weird like that. XD
I know the feeling, but I like my headphones a lot. (plus all my earpiece headphones broke [I sucked them up in the vacuum by accident ; n ; ] so heh)
You enjoy your day too!

Deidrice

Kawaii Jackling

22,115 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Corrupt_Enigma
Crew

Beloved Hellraiser

18,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:22 am
Deidrice
Goldensparkz
Deidrice

I do that too! biggrin

I also find killing zombies on L4D2 quite relaxing too but I'm weird like that. XD
I know the feeling, but I like my headphones a lot. (plus all my earpiece headphones broke [I sucked them up in the vacuum by accident ; n ; ] so heh)
You enjoy your day too!

Best stress reliever ever! XD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:15 pm
Corrupt_Enigma

Best stress reliever ever! XD

It's quite effective haha!  

Deidrice

Kawaii Jackling

22,115 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Alexly H

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:26 am
lol at this momment i'm too lazy to read xp lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:29 am
Alexly H
lol at this momment i'm too lazy to read xp lol

It's real simple breathing exercises, you can try them out when you want.  

Nottoolatetothink

Liberal Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The White Knights for Gaians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items