Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Newest Crewmember

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:31 pm
Greetings Everyone,

Hi I'm Ron (Smithers456) I have been recently been promoted to a Crew Member of this wonderful guild. You may have seen me around starting threads and adding comments to other threads. As a Crew Member I will help the Captain keep an eye on things. I have enjoyed every moment that I have been on this Guild and look forward to helping make it an even better guild.

As a Crew Member I plan on being fair, respectful, and uphold the rules of both this Guild and Gaia in general. If their are any disputes between members please work it out in private or refer the problem to the Captain. I will not be a referee. I will report any violations to the rules noted in the main forum to the Captain and the member as well.

A little bit about myself. I'm a Cosplay Photographer with a photography page on both Deviant Art and Facebook. I don't plan on posting any of those photos on this guild. I Love going to Anime / Cosplay cons in Michigan and have a large DVD collection of a number of different Anime series. I have a great Love of Science, Science Fiction, and Fantasy.

I'm a kind and caring person who enjoys talking to others about common interests. I have a pretty good imagination and have put it to use in my own RPG guild on this site. Make note that a link to my guild is in my signature but I'm currently not recruiting new members due to the guild being inactive. I look forward to working with all of you and have fun doing so.

Take Care,
Crew Member Smithers456  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:01 pm
Yay~ Congratz. You're very active in here. smile
It's great to see that. 4laugh

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:53 am
La Petite Medic
Yay~ Congratz. You're very active in here. smile
It's great to see that. 4laugh

Thanks for the Warm welcome. I have really liked this group for a long time and it's an honor to be a bigger part of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm
Well hello person~! 3nodding
I do enjoy seeing active guild members popping up (even though I'm not all that active myself, I work a lot sweatdrop ) I do miss when guilds were super busy all the time so I am going to try to be more active!!!!

If I can pry myself away from video games when I'm home that is. ninja

Lament Moment

Devoted Loiterer

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm
Maki cx
I do enjoy seeing active guild members popping up (even though I'm not all that active myself, I work a lot sweatdrop ) I do miss when guilds were super busy all the time so I am going to try to be more active!!!!

Hello maki-cx,

Thanks for the complement. smile I have been very active in the Guild since I became a Crew member. In addition to posts and adding threads I have done cleanup of the subforums and even added more recently. I take my monitor job seriously as well. Rest assured I make sure that everyone behaves and that we keep things at a PG-13 level. I'm very curious about the cosplay and anime world and I'm even a Cosplay Photographer. Feel free to check out my albums on my DA page. A link is in my signature.

It would be really nice if you become more active. It makes me happy when our members join in on the fun and talk about things that we are all interested in. I do understand about being busy, aren't we all. smile I've been working hard to make this Guild more interesting. That's why I'm a Vice Captain now. If you have any questions and or comments don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer your question. Oh, I'm Ron btw.

Guild Vice Captain,
Smithers456  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 pm
smithers456
Maki cx

Hello maki-cx,

Thanks for the complement. smile I have been very active in the Guild since I became a Crew member. In addition to posts and adding threads I have done cleanup of the subforums and even added more recently. I take my monitor job seriously as well. Rest assured I make sure that everyone behaves and that we keep things at a PG-13 level. I'm very curious about the cosplay and anime world and I'm even a Cosplay Photographer. Feel free to check out my albums on my DA page. A link is in my signature.

It would be really nice if you become more active. It makes me happy when our members join in on the fun and talk about things that we are all interested in. I do understand about being busy, aren't we all. smile I've been working hard to make this Guild more interesting. That's why I'm a Vice Captain now. If you have any questions and or comments don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer your question. Oh, I'm Ron btw.

Guild Vice Captain,
Smithers456
Well I'm Kimberly but I go by Maki. 3nodding I've never actually cosplayed or gone to a convention. (poor people probz. sweatdrop ) BUT I SWEAR I WILL ONE DAY OMG. Best I got is my Totoro onesie and my Pikachu hoodie that has ears on it. Oh the struggle. gonk Doesn't help that I'm also not very creative. sweatdrop  

Lament Moment

Devoted Loiterer

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 am
Maki cx
smithers456
Maki cx

Hello maki-cx,

Guild Vice Captain,
Smithers456
Well I'm Kimberly but I go by Maki. 3nodding I've never actually cosplayed or gone to a convention. (poor people probz. sweatdrop ) BUT I SWEAR I WILL ONE DAY OMG. Best I got is my Totoro onesie and my Pikachu hoodie that has ears on it. Oh the struggle. gonk Doesn't help that I'm also not very creative. sweatdrop

Maki, going to an Anime / Cosplay con is like stepping into a dream land that you don't want to leave. smile It's definitely worth the wait. I first learned about the cons in 2007 and then went to my first one in 2009 and I was blown away. Oh, you don't have to cosplay to go to a convention, so no worries their. Also some of the cons are for free. Jafax in Allendale Michigan is on the Grand Valley State college Campus. It's free because they have a lot of sponsors. I suggest checking out different cons on the internet and if it's at a college campus their is a good chance it's for free. Depending on your location you can post in the appropriate convention subforum and ask if anyone knows about any free cons. As for making cosplay outfits I had my sister help me with mine. Just curious, what video game are you playing a lot?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:44 am
smithers456

I actually play a little bit of everything. Right now I'm playing a lot of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 with my boyfriend. Its his favorite game so I bought it so we can play it together.
Otherwise I'm a huge fan of ATLUS games (Shin Megami Tensei (Persona included) series, Catherine, Conception II, etc.) I've also been playing Project X Zone recently. And the new Sly Cooper game (couldn't resist. XD)
And of course my favorites I still go back to would be the .hack// games, a number of Final Fantasy games, the Tales of... series (Tales of the Abyss, Symphonia, Vesperia, Xillia, etc.) But like I said. I will play anything.
I'm quite decent at SWAT on Halo 4. Dabble in Pokémon from time to time even though I'm honestly not a fan of the newer games. Crystal version was my all time favorite.
I don't have any of the new gen. consoles. Just not very motivated to get them yet. But I do have my 360, PS3 and 3DS. 3nodding

On a side note: I finally subscribed to Crunchyroll and I am not disappointed.  

Lament Moment

Devoted Loiterer

Miscellaneous Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces