Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:38 pm
User Image

Somber as of late she was actually feeling a bit better, though not by much. She finally, after much internal debate, she decided she'd try and let go of the past and let herself grow from it. Kind of. She had come to the decision she wouldn't put herself in a position to be hurt like she had been ever again.

The time was about high-noon and the sun shone down brightly and warm upon the rouge lands and she padded gently through thinking to herself more than paying attention to anything around her. Sometimes she was easily distracted and now was one of those moments.

Where was she heading to again? She stopped and looked around. She had gotten so lost in her thoughts she had forgotten what she had been doing. For starters she was trying to get away from the place she once called home and hoped by now it was far behind her. She looked to the east and figured she'd go that way, perhaps she'd find something, or someone.

tani duh!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:59 pm
User Image
Celestyn lounged silently in the shade of a tree, if you could call the stump-like thing he sat behind one. He sighed as he looked to the sky and shifted, uncomfortable. It was too warm for someone with fur as dark as his. Where is some water when you need it? he thought to himself.

He pulled himself to his feet and shook the dust from his fur. His energy was low from the many sleepless nights of travel and the early mornings hunting, before the sun shone so brightly. A yawn escaped him as he looked around. Very few animals dared risk moving far on days like these, water scarce and heat too much. The heat rising off the ground blurred the horizon as he looked in each direction. His companion, a lioness he'd known his whole life, was not far south, he would find her around sun down. He was curious about what else these lands held though.

Through the blurry, heat ridden land he spotted something bright. A pink creature made its way across the land. He was curious what brought someone out on a day like today. The small pink blur stopped as it walked and seemed lost, but then continued. He headed toward it.

AstoriaFallen

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:54 pm
Movement out of the corner of her eye made her look to see a dark colored figure moving towards her. At this point she wasn't sure if she wanted to turn and run in the opposite direction or go and find out what was coming her way. Apparently she was as curious as the dark blob.

She headed his way.

As the distance between the two got narrower she recognized the shape as another Leopard and she felt her hopes lift a little bit. She had been craving the attention of another and hopefully this wasn't going to be a total bust. As she came within a better range to see the figure she noticed his unique coloring and he didn't seem too hostile or anything. She came to a stop and kept herself ready in case she had to run. "Good afternoon."

tani duh!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:14 pm
The creature was another leopard! He hadn't seen one in ages. His own reflection seemed unfamiliar sometimes, he was around lions so often. Her tense muscles showed through her pelt slightly. Was she afraid? Well, approach with caution was something his friend always told him so he understood.

He lowered his head, a bow of sorts. "Afternoon miss. Are you lost?" He asked inquisitively. "I saw you look around when you were a ways off back there." He raised his nose a little, as if pointing in the direction she had came in.

He shook his head regretfully, adding quickly, "I'm sorry, it's been a long time since I've met anyone new. My name is Celestyn." If he didn't have fur, one could have told he was blushing. He didn't remember how to interact with others. It was strange, taking time to get to know someone or telling someone your name when you never know if they will remember or see you again. His travels have taught him that, if nothing else.

AstoriaFallen

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:00 pm
She instantly relaxed at his question and wondered if she was in fact lost. "I guess I would be considered lost, as I don't know where I am exactly." She said with a small laugh. She listened as he apologized for having not introduced himself first and she gave him a reassuring smile. "It's quite alright, I've been on my own for a while now and I forget myself at times. I'm Anju. It's nice to meet you Celestyn"

His name seemed to suit his coloring and he seemed pleasant enough. She peeked around and wondered if there was any water with this heat. She took a seat and curled her tail around her paws and yawned as the heat beat down. It was quite warm today and she glanced around hoping for some shade and seeing none turned her gaze back to the dark male before her. "You must be warm in this heat. I know I am." She stood back up. "Want to find some shade?"

tani duh!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:14 pm
Celestyn listened intently, her words sounded familiar, soft like the grass in spring time. Some shade, eh? he thought to himself. It was sweltering in the sun, shade was only slightly better. Shade and possibly some water would be in order. "Yes, Anju, let us look for some shade." He moved a pace in front of her and waited for her to join him. He thought back over her words quietly and added, "Just because you don't know where you are does not mean you are not on the right path."

"In addition to shade, there are two watering holes nearby. One to the south and one toward the north, if that idea is something you'd be open to. If not.. we can just find some shade. This heat is almost unbearable."

He wasn't uncomfortable, but her body language signaled some hesitation. Her initial approach, her tail protecting her paws now. He figured if there were other animals nearby, like there would be around a watering hole, she may be more comfortable.

AstoriaFallen

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:53 pm
tani duh!

She was happy to hear that he was willing to look for some shade with her and she followed him as he moved in front to lead the way. It seemed that he knew the place much better than her. At least someone did. She listened as he explained that there happened to be two watering holes nearby and he asked if she might be interested in going to one of them. "Which would you prefer? Water or shade? We could seek out one and then the other, does not matter the order for me. Though water would probably be best to come by first with this heat."

If they decided on the suggestion she made, water should be the first thing they look for, then head to the shade and lay about. It was indeed a hotter day but she wasn't feeling it quite as bad the dark male before her. He surely must be in a far worse position than she. "I feel like some of ones greatest adventures may happen when they are lost. Though if you weren't trying to go somewhere, then you really can't be lost." She said with a small smile. So she would have to rephrase her earlier answer. "I guess you could say I am currently misplaced."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:59 pm
"Then let us start a journey to the north. There is also a small grove where we could find shade in that area." He started in the direction, slowly to be sure she could keep up. With a slight grin on his face he added, "Have you been 'misplaced' long, Anju? What kind of adventures have you come upon? One could say I've been conveniently misplaced for some time." He paused for a moment to recall the many places he had explored and he hoped that she had similar, fond memories. He could feel a touch of sadness in her voice when she spoke earlier, her apprehension and vagueness reflected on something deeper.

He was panting lightly and his joints were heavy with sweat. He tried not to think of his outward disarray as he padded forward toward their destination.

AstoriaFallen

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 pm
She followed him north, she didn't mind where they ended up as long as they ended up somewhere cool for now. "I wouldn't say I've been misplaced for too long, though long enough to be considered a wanderer I suppose." She said with a smile. What kind of adventures? She really didn't think she had come across any, this was probably the most exciting, minus that nice leopard that she had unsuspectingly dumped all of her emotional baggage onto.

"I unfortunately have no adventures to tell of... What of yourself?" She was curious if perhaps he had far more luck than her in that area. Her life had been in one spot until recently, this was as much as adventure as she had seen. She noticed him panting and she was beginning to feel the heat herself, though not as bad as he. Hopefully they would find their destination soon so her poor friend didn't melt!

tani duh!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:20 am
He smiled as he chose a story to tell her, continuing forward. "Since I can remember, I've traveled with a lioness. We both have no family to speak of so we bonded over that... misfortune if you will. I use that term lightly though, as we have never been particularly unhappy. She is more the leader, I follow where she desires to go next, and we've been to both areas barren of all life, destroyed by malevolent rulers and natural disaster, and jungles teeming with the sounds of colorful birds overhead. Birds of color combinations you can't even imagine." He paused momentarily and turned his head to gaze at her. "You remind me of those forest birds. Your bright colors, mainly." Her subtle weariness also reminded him of the birds; she was curious it seemed, but if threatened he felt she might fly off, like the birds.

"We have only been in this area for a moon's phase." He felt a slight sadness come over him. "Travel grows weary though. We travel much, but have few friends." It was true, the many places they had explored, they left everyone behind as quickly as they came. If they had ever returned to the jungle or the deserts, he knew they would be welcomed, but every new place brought some loneliness.

They were close to the water now, many assorted prey gathered around the watering hole, and you could see their bodies moving about. "We're very close, see?" He nodded to the obvious watering hole. "You know, I have many more stories if you were interested and willing to listen..."

AstoriaFallen

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:06 pm
She listened intently as he told his story and she yearned to see what he had just described. Where was his companion now she wondered. She blushed as he said she reminded him of the birds he had seen on his travels. "Thank you. Perhaps one day I'll be able to see what you have seen." She said softly as she padded lightly behind him. She listened as he continued on and she wondered why the only had so few of friends. Surely with that much traveling to be done you would collect a great deal of friends along the way?

She felt herself perk up a bit at the sound of the watering hole being near. "I'm sure you're much more relieved than I am right about now." She said remarking towards his darker coat. She looked over at him with a happy smile. "I would very much like to hear more, if you are offering to tell me." She was anxious to learn more of what she had yet to get to see.

Tani Duh!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:48 pm
Before answering her, he waited until they reached the water and took a few sips. He did feel much better, refreshed and renewed. "Ahh, indeed. I needed a drink and some rest will do me good. The heat and sun here is more than I expected!" He sat down and let his front paws sit in the water.

"Anyways, I hope one day, if it is what you desire, you get to see all the corners of the land." He looked to the sky. "If you're willing to listen I would love to tell you the tales of my adventures. Perhaps you will hear of a place and go searching for it yourself one day." It was getting to be late afternoon, about the time he told his companion he would return to her and recap the day. He was not particularly interested in departing from Anju, she had a curiosity in her that he rather enjoyed. "I have time to tell you one story, but then I must return to my friend." As he spoke these words, his smile fell from his face and he looked down to his dark paws. "Perhaps we can meet here again tomorrow, earlier? I can tell you more stories. Maybe you can tell me a few of yours?" he asked, hopeful she would meet him again.

AstoriaFallen

((Perhaps 1-2 more posts for this one?))

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:41 pm
She was glad that they had reached the water finally and joined right beside him drinking up the cool water. "I'm right along there with you on that one." She probably wasn't feeling it nearly as bad as he, but she was still feeling the fatigue of the sun. She looked over at him as he looked at the sky and she looked up, trying to imagine the sights he had told her. Especially the birds. She looked over at him and would love to one day travel and see what he had seen, though she wasn't sure she could do it alone. She was much to unsure of herself to do just that. "I believe I would very much like to hear one more story before you have to leave. I'm sorry if I have kept you from your friend." She said nervously. She felt almost bad for having kept him this long if he had somewhere he needed to be.

She looked at the ground and then looked back at him when he asked if she would meet here tomorrow. As far as she knew she had nothing going on, just trying to survive. "I would like that." She gave him a smile and she wondered if she had anything worth telling. She was sure if she thought on it over night she would be able to tell him of at least something she had done before meeting him here today.

Tani Duh!
Sounds about right XD this finished?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:39 pm
tani duh!

Do we want to start a new thread?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash