Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 pm
User Image

Pre-fallen Raziel cosplay. Not the greatest closeup of it from what I found on tumblr.

User Image

I also enjoy the fact this Razzles has minions. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:39 pm
MadxHatterxTeapot
Lieutenant Turel
TF2 started with absolutely no plot other than "kill opposing team and capture intel/control points/move the cart"

It is super popular.

Half Life had very little plot and little dialogue and was groundbreaking for FPS development.
So long as they don't Duke Nukem Forever the series, there is promise

I am looking forward to playing Nosgoth. :3 Can't wait!

I wonder if it'll be free to play? ninja And also, how laggy it will be for people with bad connections...  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:49 pm
I don't remember if they mentioned if it was FTP or not. However, given the intensity of the game, I doubt it will work well on poorer connections.

It's how the PC gaming world works now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:47 pm
Lieutenant Turel
I don't remember if they mentioned if it was FTP or not. However, given the intensity of the game, I doubt it will work well on poorer connections.

It's how the PC gaming world works now.

I'm just worried that the majority of the fanbase has ruined it because they are upset it's not a 'sequel' and aren't giving it a chance. : (  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:06 am
Unfortunately, with Tony Jay dead and several of the original writing team members no longer a part of Eidos/Crystal Dynamics, getting a sequel is unlikely.

In fact, an actual sequel would be awful. I like to look at this game as set just before Raziel's fall or right around then.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 am
Lieutenant Turel
Unfortunately, with Tony Jay dead and several of the original writing team members no longer a part of Eidos/Crystal Dynamics, getting a sequel is unlikely.

In fact, an actual sequel would be awful. I like to look at this game as set just before Raziel's fall or right around then.

So something along the lines of prodigal sons or something of the sort.  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:22 am
Yes. I forgot the name of that game.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:15 pm
I don't know why they don't just re-release the older games with updated graphics. It's what Lion Head have done with Fable 1.

Also, found this Kain cosplay on DA. It's pretty decent. 3nodding  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:02 pm
Bluetabbycat
I don't know why they don't just re-release the older games with updated graphics. It's what Lion Head have done with Fable 1.

Maybe there's too many legal/copyright issues?

Also that costume is amazing!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:39 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Bluetabbycat

Maybe there's too many legal/copyright issues?

Also that costume is amazing!!!!!

Hmm, maybe. The series isn't owned by Silicon Knights/Crystal Dynamics any more, are they? Even so, I would have thought that when Square Enix bought the franchise, they would have bought all the legal stuff that goes with it...  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:00 pm
Wish I knew. Maybe they feel like there isn't enough interest and it'll be too expensive.

We are a niche fanbase. Maybe the release of the new game would convince them, assuming sales are high, to re-do the series. They need to be assured they can make a profit off us, after all.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:50 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Wish I knew. Maybe they feel like there isn't enough interest and it'll be too expensive.

We are a niche fanbase. Maybe the release of the new game would convince them, assuming sales are high, to re-do the series. They need to be assured they can make a profit off us, after all.

I feel like a new game WOULD convince new fans and old fans a like.

I see the game cancellations though, like Dead Sun and I'm like: WHY? because I see Dan Carubo's concept art and am like: NOOO. THIS AWESOME. WHY  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:13 am
Until they see how well the MMO does it would be financial suicide. I repeat we are a NICHE group. Yes, I'm sure you can find fans on the Eidos forums but on majority of gaming sites and conventions, we do not exist.

Ultima Online is a great example. It was huge when it first came out but the latest editions have sold abysmally. And this was the first MMO to ever reach 100k+ subscribers.

Duke Nukem is another example. Huge when it came out. Duke Nukem Forever bombed. It's metacritic score and sales were awful.

Peter Molyneux made it big with Black and White and Fable. The latter was decent although BioWare has always done the multiple choice route way better. Now? He's arrogant and acts as if his new games are still the best when they aren't.

Yes, games can make great comebacks. Just because it's a big name doesn't mean it will do well. Heck, no one main talks to has even heard of this series. And these are people who are her age and a bit older. The Nosgoth MMO needs to make a substantial profit before they consider spending money on a new game.  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff