Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Spread the Goodwill! (Sekmes/Xavier)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:39 am
User Image

Sėkmės absolutely adored the rogue lands. It was a meeting place for all sorts of creatures, great and small, carrying with it so much more potential than a single pride alone. In the guise of a regular lion, albeit with his furs, the enthusiastic God found himself outside the home of a hare family. He'd tried to explain to the mother than he merely wanted to see her offspring, maybe even watch them while she hunted, but so far she'd only seen fit to scratch his fce.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, I won't hurt them." He winced and closed his eyes as she came at him again before diving back into her burrow. This one was vicious! But he tried not to let it get to him; she was fearful, that he understood. "Can't I play with them, just a little bit?"

Andranis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:10 am
User Image

Welt his was a curious sight... Xavier happened upon a lion looking at a hare den. He frowned, long ears twitching back a bit. Under normal circumstances, he never bothered with a mortal guise. There was that one time in the far north, though... Apparently the lions HUNTED gods. Down here in the south, though, he didn't care.

He walked up behind the lion, frowning. "She does not care, you are a lion and lions eat 'ares. Plus if you persist much longer, she will eat 'er young." There were some things he'd learned from Yutu that he wished he had never learned. He leaned over so his face was next to the other lion's. "Even if you are a god. Which that may 'elp." He offered a paw to the hare, only for it to get scratched. He let out a displeased sound, slowly retracting it. Too stressed for the peace offering.

Painted Moose

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:54 pm
"She's so sweet, though. I spent time with her earlier this day, as a hare myself, but I guess you're right. I shouldn't have followed her, at least not in this form." Sėkmės bowed his head to the little angry creature and looked to the other God. If he was surprised to see another of his kind he didn't show it. Instead, he looked horrified at the prospect of her eating her own young. She wouldn't...would she?

Rising, he stepped away from her, and tried giving the hare a softer smile, hoping to ease her fears now that he was far enough away from her. Then he turned back to the other, and blinked his eyes, "You're a bright one, aren't ya, kid?" He chuckled and got a good look at the boy. "Kinda remind me of the sea a bit." He mused. "Anyway, thanks for intervening when you did. Don't know what I would have done if I'd hurt her or them. The name's Sėkmės, as in the Goodwill sort of domain."

Andranis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:32 pm
Painted Moose

His eyebrows went up. "And no lion tried to eat you... Mmm..." He looked at the hare's den, then stepped away from it. "She would, yes. I would know this very well, one of my companions is a rabbit. 'E's told me of the warren 'e was born to, terrified does would eat their kits, because they would rather do that than 'ave a predator eat them. Gruesome and strange lot, rabbits..."

He shot the other god a look most foul. "I am NOT a KID." He sneered, long ears folding back. "I am the God of the Cursed, and I 'ave absorbed so many youth curses that I cannot grow past an adolescent." A shake passed from the top of his spine down to the base, making the black ridge of mane shake against the flow of the rest of his fur as he shook out a bit. "And yes, I am brightly colored... THIS time." He tilted his head, the foul look now just a frown. "I 'ad waves on my legs as a cub, but they vanished. That 'appens when I am reborn, my previous life's markings, or lack of, become the markings of my new life's cub phase." The next time he was reborn, he would gain new markings as he aged. He just wasn't sure what he would BE next time he was reborn, other than, very likely, a girl.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:45 pm
Andranis

"To be fair we weren't around other lions, just here and there." It had been fun, while it lasted, but things like this with mortals usually ended fairly quickly. It seemed that if you didn't have cubs or kits or whatever with them then they were only interested in what you could give them, or afraid. It put a damper on his mood considerably, but it didn't deter him from helping them, or that sweet little hare.

"Ya look like a kid to me." Sėkmės' eyebrows shot straight to his mane line, and his eyes widened. "Well that's a little weird, but I guess it makes sense. Sorry if I offended ya, ki-" He snipped his tongue, and smiled awkwardly. Oh yes, open mouth, insert paw. Still, it sucked for him. He couldn't help thinking how sad it was that he didn't have a full mane, and instead had this odd spine of back fur. That couldn't attract many ladies.

"Well now, that's pretty unique." He nodded, genuinely interested. That sounder a lot nicer than snarling with his weird mane by leaps and bounds. "Have you been reborn often, then? And is it part of your domain that you're always different? Or, ya know, how you change as you age."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:26 am
Painted Moose

"Good, it is not wise to be something that will get you killed around the right lions." His mind went to the lions in the far north, but he doubted they could REALLY kill any gods.

He gave a snort and another glare, then shrugged impassively. "My markings changing like that is the least of my worries when I flip-flop genders." He started to walk, leaving the hare den behind. "Though I am out of sync with that. My last two lives I was a lioness, when I should 'ave been a male in my last life, and female in this one." He snorted again. "Per'aps I will be male in my next life, to put things right..." He paused, looking at the other wingless god. "And I cannot remember why that is so, between the markings or the gender flip-flop."

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:50 pm
Andranis

"What was it like being a Goddess? Were you a mother, or were you one of the crankier ones?" Sekmes teased, bringing out a little grin. He couldn't help it! It was all in good fun, nothing he couldn't smooth over, but the younger looking God was just too stern for him. He followed behind him, keeping his large head lifted high, with his cloak trailing behind him.

He'd never really given much thought to changing genders himself. At one point he may have been female, if he thought about it, but that was in the past! This was the future; a time of celebration, good fun, brotherhood, and love. Peace and goodwill, all of that fun stuff!

"So, got a mate, lad? Charming male like yourselfs gotta have a gal to warm his heart, yeah?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:41 am
Painted Moose

Xavier rolled his eyes a bit. Oh no, like he hadn't heard that question before... "Yes, I was a mother... Some of my children still float around the savannah." Of course, he was gaining more and more children as it was... It was far easier to procreate when one was a male than female. "Being a goddess is... Alright... When one gets past the entire going into 'eat thing, and cub-birth..." He'd had a mate in his last life... And according to Vunde, said former mate was in the north now... Trapped. He felt a pang in his heart thinking about it.

The other god's question made the cursed one stop, long ears folding back. "I am... Not the mating sort this time around..." To be truthful, he didn't normally take mates as it was, regardless of what gender he was. He flip-flopped so much, he never felt it worth it to get attached to one gender or the other. The last time, he'd actually had time to identify. Now he was just confused, emotionally.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 pm
Andranis

That must have been odd, knowing that you had given birth to cubs instead of siring them. It put a little shiver in Sekmes spine. He couldn't remember a lifetime where he was female, though he had been reborn often enough. It seemed that even though he was a large brute of a lion, his softer heart made him prone for painful ends.

"Sorry, didn't mean to step on your paws there." The large God had seen the change, and knew that despite his best efforts to befriend the other God, his efforts were spiraling away from him. "With as much as you've seemed to have gone through in your lives, I cannot say I blame you for the break." Even if he did think a good dosage of love could smooth out some of the edges of Xavier's character.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:14 pm
Painted Moose

He shrugged, frowning. "I may try it again in my next life... I am sure that I will be reborn again in due time." It always happened. He couldn't remember the last life that he remained alive long enough to see a full tree of descendants come from him. Grandchildren, great grandchildren... That was usually as far as he could ever get.

He let out a puff of air, glancing at the horned god. "Which... If I am around others too long... They tend to die." Except for Yutu, who had an old curse on him, and Vunde... He wasn't sure if the vulture was just too crafty, or just too stupid, but Death seemed to have absolutely no interest in the bird. Which actually proved to be... Rather useful to him. With no flight abilities of his own, the bird was his eyes elsewhere in the world. He tilted his head at Sekmes, frowning. "If Neltharion crops up, you do not wish to be around me. So... For your safety... I must bid you adieu." He gave a bow to the other god, then went wandering off.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:06 am
That was a sad sort of finality that Sekmes didn't much care for. He wished he could show the other god another way of thinking, but it seemed as if their time together was already coming to a swift end.

Frowning, he turned to the smaller God with an grieved sigh. "I hope for your sake that you are able to reverse these curses upon you, instead of suffering the weight yourself." And he did. Sekmes truly wanted a good, long life for this male, even if the God himself could not see it.

"Neltharion? You don't mean-" He stepped forward, filled with yet more questions, but with no answers forthcoming he was forced to sit and ponder his conversation. Surely...

Surely this was going to be a long day of thought, and longer nights. Sekmes could only hope that that beast never found Xavier.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games