Submit

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:31 pm
Forgive me if this topic has already been made. I checked the first page of the main forum, but couldn't find one similar.

We're all here because we love fantasy and sic-fi and read a lot of it. But how many of you write it as well? Original fiction, fan fiction, poetry, etc. Do you write?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:30 am
i love to write fan fiction, i am also writing a story for children at the moment. The story i'm writing is for my younger brothers and sisters.  

golden-priestess2

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:57 pm
I used to write short stories for classes, but It's been awhile. I should take it up again, lord knows I've got plenty of story ideas rattling around in my head.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:57 pm
I used to write fan fiction and my own stories back when I was in high school. Then I realized that I wasn't particularly good at writing, and I preferred to read others' writing anyway, so I stopped. I don't really miss it, honestly. I'm a good essay writer (thanks to a vocabulary built up by fantasy and other novels), but I'm just not overly creative. And it really doesn't bother me.  

NightIntent
Captain

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 pm
NightIntent
I used to write fan fiction and my own stories back when I was in high school. Then I realized that I wasn't particularly good at writing, and I preferred to read others' writing anyway, so I stopped. I don't really miss it, honestly. I'm a good essay writer (thanks to a vocabulary built up by fantasy and other novels), but I'm just not overly creative. And it really doesn't bother me.

I have a similar story, except, I did go back to writing after college. It was something to fill my time and keep my mind occupied during those terrible months between graduation and actually finding a job (a job not in my field, BTW, but it pays the rent). Now I keep up with it as a way to unwind after work.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:14 pm
I'd like to write, and I always have ideas flying around in my head. I've been trying to take courses and stuff, but it's hard to stay committed. It's a lot easier to say 'no computer time until you've written 500 words' than actually follow through.  

Faerie Dust Dreaming

Beloved Explorer

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:53 pm
yes I do write and have been since i was in high school . I just havent wrote anything lately due to my illness keeping me in the hospital alot  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games