Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 pm
Lithia_Brandon
Sorry this took so long to get up! If you're not interested in a plot/fling between 'em just lemme know c:

User Image Salmon-colored eyes peered over mountain ridges. The sun had just passed over the distant horizon, light spreading across the dew-covered grasses. A smile peaked Za's features as she stretched. The lioness stood tall, and ear flicking and a happy sigh leaving her maw in a wispy white cloud that disappeared into the morning sky.

It had been months now since Zamarath had joined the Jini-msemi. It wasn't until after the swamps had burned. She had found the group, moving through the mountains, and their story made her heart break. Za herself was a lioness of the flatlands, of a small and comfortable pride that was much too confining for her needs, so she had left at a young age and filled her heart with wandering until the lands became too lonely and the mountains far too captivating. Hers was a pretty normal, boring story--no heartbreak, no tragedy, but she didn't seem too worked up about it. Za was a chipper lioness, a smile plastered on her face and the winds of adventure blowing through her fur.

This morning was cold, and it made her fur bristle. Still, she kept those bright eyes pinned on the horizon. Za had made it a routine each morning to rise early and watch the light grow. Something about the lands, starlit and cool, slowly gaining light, faster and faster until it was day. Something about it spoke to her. So Zamarath sat and watched the light spill out from over the horizon, waiting until the sun was fully in view.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:28 pm
oo DeD

Insha was relaxing, as he was wont to do, enjoying the weather and of the early morning. He was in no real hurry to start his day, padding along slowly and swishing his tail behind him as he leisurely strolled. There was no place he needed to be, after all, and nothing on his list of things to do today.

His list of things to do was usually pretty short.

He saw someone ahead of him, tilting his head at the form of a lioness as it sat and watched the horizon. He moved toward her, friendly as anyone else, wanting to talk to her since she seemed to be the only one awake right now in this area. He hoped she did not mind company, as he did not want to just be a bother.

"Good morning, miss," he said smoothly, his voice a bit deeper than he intended but only because he had just woken up and was getting his feet under him, so to speak. His ears and eyes were droopy and he looked sleepy, but he liked the feeling.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:41 am
Lithia_Brandon

The sound of a voice, gravely with sleep, took the lioness by surprise. Za took in a sharp, deep breath and jumped and the quick intake of the cold morning air made her cough. "Oh! Uhm-" She laughed. This was embarrassing. "Good morning! I'm sorry, I guess I was a little in my own head..." Zamarath gave a bright, half-quirked smile as she bobbed her head in hello. Behind her, the sun had risen past the horizon and was brightening the world.

"And it's a lovely one, isn't it?" Her eyes snapped back quickly towards the view that she had been admiring, before looking back to her company. The lion didn't seem particularly familiar; this pride had a good number of members, she was starting to realize, and she hadn't had the opportunity to meet them all. Za seemed to drift of as she thought about it--about this whole pride and how it has settled in as home much faster than she had imagined.

When she realized that she was zoning out, the lioness shook her head quickly. "Ah.. I'm sorry. I'm not used to company so early. I'm Zamarath'Moya. You can call me Za, though. Easier on the tongue." She winked.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:20 pm
oo DeD

Insha had not meant to startle her, and looked at her sheepishly as she coughed on the cool air. He had done that himself a few times before, when the weather was cooler, or if he had been running in the cold and it got his throat raw. He had not done it by gasping, though, and he chuckled a bit.

"I did not mean to startle you, or make you choke." He grinned at her teasingly, nodding his head in greeting. He swished his tail behind him, glad to have met someone to talk with this early. It would help him wake up and, he hoped, it would put a good start to his day and keep that theme going.

Looking out over the horizon, he smiled and watched the sun, though he tried not to look at it directly. It always left stupid little burns in his vision that took a lot of blinking to get rid of.

"My name is Insha. It's nice to meet you, Za. I don't think I would be able to remember your whole name without a bit more practice." He chuckled, not minding sounding like an idiot when he said that. "Do you always get up this early?" He hadn't seen her before, but then, he did not get out as much as he should have.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:13 pm
Lithia_Brandon

"Oh I'm sure you could; you seem quite capable." Za chuckled, a bell-like laugh, as she twitched her tail behind her. She disregarded his apologies; he hadn't done anything wrong, and she was still trying to shake off the embarrassment. "The pleasure's mine, Insha."

Za stretched, glancing briefly back at the sunrise. It left little circular imprints in her vision, but she didn't seem to mind much. The lioness just blinked it out a little, and looked back to her company. "So... I'm sorry, but I don't really recognize you. But I've only been around since the relocation..." she motioned to the mountain, looking around with her salmon-colored eyes. And I know I'd remember a handsome lion like you...

The lioness stopped and blinked, shaking her head quickly as if to dislodge the thought. Embarrassed again, Za gave another little cough. "It's nice to have company, this early. I don't usually see anyone else around to watch the sunset. I try to make it, each morning. There's something very..." her voice trailed off for a few moments, "important about it. The start of a new day. It seems like an important thing. Not to mention, it's very pretty..."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:19 pm
oo DeD

"Appearances can be deceiving. I might look capable, but that's just what I want you to think." He smiled dumbly, shaking his head. He was not sure why he had said that, as it only barely made sense, and he felt like a dork. Trying too hard to be funny, maybe, though usually he was pretty mellow and could go with the flow with the best of them.

He just tried to keep his smile even and not look as embarrassed as he felt.

"Ah, I've been here a while but I tend to stay in my den, or lazing around somewhere. I mean, even before we moved. I guess I don't socialize as much as I ought to." He wrinkled his nose a bit. He moved to sit a bi closer to her, watching her as she thought about the answers to his question and smiled at her conclusion. He nodded his head slowly, thick mane fluffing as it moved.

"That's a nice thought. I'd never really considered it before, starting a new day early. I tend to miss the sunrise and get up when the sun is already pretty high. Today seems to be a bit of a fluke for me, but I'm glad for it. I should get up more often."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:38 pm
Lithia_Brandon

"You should!" Za answered quickly, grinning at him. At the realization that it might have seemed a bit too eager, she pulled back a bit. This morning wasn't going very smoothly at all, was it. The lioness didn't seem to mind as he moved closer. In fact, she didn't seem to notice at all, looking upwards at the brightening sky.

"I mean, I guess I shouldn't really impose on how other people want to live their lives. But it's sortof nice to be out and about when the world is changing, y'know? And it's usually pretty quiet out, this early in the morning. It's nice and peaceful..." her voice trailed off again, and she yawned. "I spent a lot of time wandering down there," she motioned to the flatlands in the distance, "before I found the mountains, and the pride. Saw a lot of sunrises," Za smiled, proud.

"So I guess it's just something I do, because I've always done it. I've been around here for a while, now, but I still don't really know what to do in my free time..." the lioness thought about it for a few moments, nose wrinkling.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:48 pm
oo DeD

Insha looked at her and smiled dumbly at her enthusiasm. He had a few friends but he could be a little oblivious to other things. He was glad to make friends! He was usually not shy and yet, for some reason, he was getting a weird little feeling as he sat there with her. It tugged at the corner of his mouth, though, and he found himself smiling.

He didn't think she was being too eager, he didn't even notice if she felt silly or not. He, though, was well aware of how goofy he felt. It wasn't a terrible thing, either.

"You're right, it is nice. And I'm sure I'll get a lot more done in a day if I started it earlier. I can be pretty lazy and unmotivated, but maybe if I had a reason to get up early, like watching the sun rise or meeting a friend, it would be pretty nice."

He nodded his head, looking at her directly.

"If you don't mind, Za, we can always plan to meet up and spend time together. If you're looking for a friend, or at least something not entirely boring to do. Well, hopefully not boring. I think I could be reasonably entertaining, anyway."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:00 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Za, too, felt like she was just smiling stupidly, but still couldn't bring herself to stop. Instead, she looked down at her paws, kneading them into the grass a little bit. Her tail twitched behind her as she listened to him talk. At his suggestion, she raised her eyebrows and looked to him, an ear flicking and her head tilted ever so slightly. "It would be nice. Company makes all of these nice moments infinitely better." Her voice was a little calmer, this time, though the half-quirked grin shone bright.

A small, excited (though not too excited) chuckle left his maw as she made his direct gaze. "That sounds amazing, Insha. Friends, company, fun, it all sounds great. And I can't imagine that you're boring," she teased, bumping him a little with her shoulder.

The birds were singing now, beckoning in the day. The lioness looked up into the trees as watched for the birds moving. A new day. It felt nice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:18 pm
oo DeD

"I agree! I'm getting the feeling that I've wasted a lot of my time not hanging out with people, and I would probably have a lot more friends if I got my butt out and about more. Maybe it was a good thing we ran into each other! You're making me want to be more active and available."

He chuckled brightly, nodding his head. He was done being lazy, he needed to be an active member of his pride. He was generally oblivious to the things that went on around him, and had simply moved from the swamps because he knew he had to.

He knew the outlines, but never invested himself. He needed to invest more, in others, in his own life.

"Well, then it's settled. I'll meet you here again tomorrow?" He grinned at her when she bumped him, eyes shining, "Same time, same place, and we can go on a walk, and get to know each other a bit more. See if there are any other fun things for us to do."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:25 pm
Lithia_Brandon
Fin? <3

Zamarath's tail was swishing back and forth behind her eagerly. She had really lucked out! The lioness hadn't really made any close companions in the pride. Her nerves seemed to take over and she felt a bit too embarrassed often, generally resulting in her awkwardly pulling out of interactions.

"Awh, Insha, you make me blush," Za said with a laugh. "But yes, that sounds wonderful." Was she almost quivering with excitement? In any other case, she'd break down from how awkward this seemed. "Same time, same place!" she called, almost prancing away as the lioness made her way from their perched view back into the pride.

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games