Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:54 pm
Bilashi was in a bit of a mood. She had been following the trail of a particularly delicious looking hare for ages and it finally managed to slip away from her in the underbrush of a wooded area. She was furious at herself for letting it get away from her, but she supposed that this was her fault for letting her nose fall so out of practice.

For a while now, she felt like her nose was failing her. She could not sniff what she wanted to sniff, and the scents she found all managed to blur together. Picking out some of the scents she wanted proved to be very difficult sometimes, and following prey like this, in closed areas, was much more difficult than chasing something across a plain.

It bothered her, but she did not know how to make it better.

So she'd tried to just ignore it.

That was kicking her in the butt now, as she dug into a bush and tried to see if the hare had gotten under the thick bramble. She tossed dirt behind her in droves, but it was no use. There was no hare to be found, and the smell was gone completely.

"Damn it!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:34 pm
[ quote="Lithia_Brandon"]

User Image

Some hyenas had needed bones. So they'd come to Nuing to get them. It had been difficult for the male to let those precious bones go, but in the end he had agreed. The itch for more bones to take their place was soon on him. Like a flea biting his rump, he had to itch it. Nuing headed out promptly to scavenge more bones. He loved his new home. There was bones all over the place.

He had run across several in various places and was just starting back. His route had taken him through a wooded area. When he hear a voice growling with frustration his ears perked up. Who would be out here? Were they in trouble? Nuing gave a whine thinking he might have to give up more of his bones, but he couldn't walk away if someone needed help. So he followed the source and finally came across a female hyena. He gave another whine to announce his presence to her, being his mouth was full of bones.

magnadearel

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:06 pm
magnadearel

Bilashi heard the whine and turned her head, not knowing where the source was because she, of course, could not smell it. The wind was against her, which did not help, but still. It did not take too long to see the male approaching her, and she knew that she should have been able to scent him at least vaguely.

She growled lowly at his approach, but she wasn't mad at him, more at herself. Not that there was much difference in the expression on her muzzle, or that he would be able to tell that her aggression was not geared toward him.

"Who are you?" she asked gruffly, but she tried to relax a bit, not wanting him to attack her. She could scrap with the best of them, but actually fighting and trying to win? To keep herself from being seriously wounded or worse? She had never had to do that sort of a thing before.

"Why do you have all those bones in your mouth?" She frowned at him, though now it was thoughtful. It would probably make answering her questions pretty difficult for him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:13 pm
Lithia_Brandon

He stopped short at the growl, unsure if she was mad at him or not. Slowly he set his bones, his oh so precious bones, down to answer. "Nuing, bone collector. You?" He glanced down at his pile as she mentioned his bones. "Cause I like them," Nuing replied cautiously as he pawed the bones a bit closer to himself. He really hoped she didn't want them as he'd just found them himself!

"What are you doing out here?" He took a slight chance to ask a question himself.

magnadearel

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:46 pm
magnadearel

She watched him as he put the bones down, arching her eyebrow, as best she was able to anyway, at the collection, and then at him. She was not familiar with the art of collecting bones, and had no idea why anyone would want to have so many.

She would rather have bones with meat still attached to them.

Her stomach rumbled and she remembered the lost hair, her attitude shifting. She frowned at her failure again, shaking her head and digging her paws at the ground in frustration. Where ever her snack had ended up, it was not her stomach, and that was the most infuriating thing.

"I was looking for some food, but it turns out it was too clever for me. Or my nose, anyway. I'll have to keep looking. Why do you like those bones?" Almost the same question as before, except she could not wrap her head around liking them. What was there to like?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 am
Lithia_Brandon

His ears perked at the noise. Was that.... her stomach? He glanced at his bones. Not very appetizing. There was the faint scent of rabbit in the air. Oh that must of been what she was chasing.

Nuing blinked at her question as he tried to answer. Why did he? Finally he gave a shrug. "I dunno. Just do. It's like an itch on your rump you just have to scratch. Listen, do you want to team up with me to catch something?"

It was a stupid offer really. He didn't know this hyena. And what would he do with these bones he'd found? It'd be a shame to just leave them here. Nuing glanced between her and bones; torn about what he should do now.

magnadearel

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:17 pm
magnadearel

She watched him for a moment, considering. If he liked to collect bones she had to assume he was good at catching live prey as much as he was stumbling on long dead stuff, right? There was no way he would be able to scratch that metaphorical itch just by relying on luck and hoping a lion or some other hunter had left enough intact bones behind for him to gather.

Right?

She did not know how it worked, she'd never been into collecting anything at all and had certainly never put much thought into bones beyond liking them best with fresh meat on them, and picking them clean personally.

She watched the great debate that seemed to be going on in his mind, and tilted her head. "We can go and get something, then come back for your bones." She knew she needed the help, with her nose being so terrible, but she was not going to make him lose something he clearly cared about for it. She was grumpy, but not mean.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:02 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Her willingness to return for his bones decided him. If she understood that, then she couldn't be all bad. He grinned and moved the bones into an out of the way spot then he was ready. The nearest thing he scented was that rabbit. It'd be a good start. Nose to the ground he set off after it. Nuing glanced back once or twice to be sure she was keeping up then focused on his task.

It took awhile to track the rabbit down. The critter must have been running the whole time they were talking. Determined to find food for both of them, he doggedly kept at it. As the scent got stronger and stronger he slowed until he was belly crawling. His ears caught the sounds of movement up ahead. He twitched his tail as he readied to pounce. One.. two... three!

Nuing sprang over the low shrub that was hiding him and landed on two rabbits. Swift bites dispatched both. Proud of himself he call to the female. "time to come and eat!" There was food for both of them.

magnadearel

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:31 am
magnadearel
My name is Lithiasaur, so I won't get the quotes if you tag Lithia_Brandon!

Bilashi followed his lead, trying to sniff the lead he was following but only getting faint traces of it as they wandered in its wake. She knew he was able to follow it, though, much better than she was at least. Like a normal hyena, at any rate, as she was just a failure at it. She did not say anything about it, though, trying not to call any more attention to her inability to hunt a simple rabbit.

She crouched down and scooted along behind him, pausing when she actually started to hear the rabbit nearby. That was much better: her hearing was not as bad as her nose, after all, and she could actually follow some food if she was close enough to hear it.

"Wow," she said, once he caught the rabbits and called her over. She had not managed to ruin the hunt, at least, but he made such a good show of it she hadn't had the chance. Thoroughly impressed, but pretending not to be, she came over and sat down next to him. It took her a long moment and then she sighed, looking at him sheepishly.

"Thank you for the help. You can have the bones, if you'd like... I'm not really sure what kinds of bones you like."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:32 am
Lithiasaur
lmao! XD I totally didn't notice. Thank you. Wrap up?

Nuing pushed the plumper rabbit to her when she joined him. He was rather proud of his kill today though it was unusual. The male ducked his head slightly embarrassed by her. "Its nothing really. Glad I could help." He settled down and started to dig into his food.

Surprised he looked up. Giving a glance he swallowed quickly. "Uh well... usually dry bones. Without meat and stuff you know? They tend to smell until then," he finished his turn to be sheepish. "Like the ones I was carrying earlier, and I really liked cracked one. Thank you for the offer though."

magnadearel

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:00 pm
magnadearel
We can call that a wrap.

"Well, I appreciate the help, whether you think it's nothing or not. I thought it was a bit more than that." She actually made a soft expression, relaxing a bit and moving to sit down and enjoy the meal that had been provided for her.

She noticed after a moment of eating that his rabbit seemed smaller than hers, and that just made her smile more as she watched him. He was odd, unlike anyone she had met before, but she supposed she had not met too many others, all told. And odd was not a bad thing.

Not a bad thing at all.

"Well, we'll go back and get your bones, I wouldn't want you to lose them." She smiled at him, and then returned to her meal. It was only fair to return a favor, after all, and she had promised him. Anyway, it was just a small excuse to spend more time in his company, and maybe learn a little bit more about him.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games