Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Hi! New here.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:46 pm
I am bad at introductions but I'll give this a try!

My real name is Jessica, but you can call me Jess or Jester. It doesn't really matter I suppose. I have been on Gaia for the past seven years now but I haven't been role playing very long and when I have it's been a one-on-one role play. I would like to learn how to role play better and with more people.

Also, my grammar is not the best but I try.

I would like to role play sci-fi, fantasy, or horror, and maybe action and adventure. I’m not really into roleplaying romance themes though. So if anyone has a Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead role play going, I’ll definitely give that a try.

*and you can post here*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:32 pm
Jester25

Welcome to the SDRP! Glad to hear from you and we're always looking to teach so you've come to the right place.

Since you don't like romance I won't recommend the Valentine's Day Walk-in RP as. . . well, it's Valentine's Day. Though you should check out the Chatter and Contests that go along with it!

Right now we don't have running RPs that match your interests but there are two past ones I've been thinking of bringing back:

Elsewhere: In the Land of Lost Things - this one is a mixed level, freeform RP that can be best described as eclectic fantasy (think Alice in Wonderland or Wizard of Oz). The basic premise is that you import a character from any other world or RP and have fun exploring/surviving in this crazy dimension of really odd magic.

or

The Organ Trail - This one is your classic Zombie Survival game, which, in all honesty, could easily be a Walking Dead RP. The old GM had to go do that real life thing but he opened it up for anyone to take over when he left.

Let me know if you have any interest in either of those.  

umbraja
Crew

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:10 pm
umbraja
Thank you for the suggestions :3 I'll be reading through these and let you know! I've been reading through the Organ Trail some and that one looks like it's interesting. I haven't seen a RP set up like that one before.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:44 pm
Jester25
umbraja
Thank you for the suggestions :3 I'll be reading through these and let you know! I've been reading through the Organ Trail some and that one looks like it's interesting. I haven't seen a RP set up like that one before.

I think it's based on a tabletop game. I'm not sure if I would follow that format exactly but I do intend to keep the spirit of it, having more structured elements and such rather than the usual freeformedness of most RPs around here. I'm an old school tabletop gamer so I do enjoy a bit of structure every now and then.  

umbraja
Crew

TheGazSpaz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:52 pm
Hihi! I'm TheGazSpaz, call me Gaz! Welcome to the School of Dedicated Role Players! I'm a crew assistant here. :3 I see you've already met umbraja haha.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:34 am
Can I be a bit honest? I'm not a very experienced role player, and the two role plays there, sort of seem... intimidating? Although I think that I may be making this harder than it should be.  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games