Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Lorelei Airi Metunias, Sun Hunter [WIP]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sable Eye Cerena

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:21 am
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Her Japanese passport says Haruka Airi, which is the name her father gave her; her American passport says Petunia Metunias, which is the name her mother gave her. Yeah. She legally signs for things as Airi Metunias, but chose Lorelei as her American name.
Nicknames:

Category: Sun

The Weapon
Name: Armageddon (need to check to see if this is taken)
Nicknames: Mage
Type of Weapon: Twin claws.
Former species of weapon: Earth Dragon

Personalities:
Lorelei
Her college recommendations described her as "ambitious" and "hardworking", neither of which really scratch the surface of her driven, almost obsessive need to "win" and be the best in absolutely everything she does.

She is not charming in the slightest, having neither the patience for the kind of acting most social maneuvers require nor the ability to read body language and people's emotions. She is blunt and to-the-point, and is easily annoyed by weird metaphors or vague statements. For all of her social ineptitude, she can be surprisingly empathetic -- and will usually attempt to fix all of your problems for you right then and there.

She is manipulative in a cold and unapologetic fashion. People are immediately assessed by their mental and physical abilities, and then by their apparent weaknesses.

Lorelei isn't incapable of making friends (she's the sort to have a few close ones at a time), but finds if nearly impossible to admit when she's hurting or needs help, causing her to easily withdraw and lash out at anyone showing concern. She's fiercely loyal to those she considers friends.

Mage
Surprisingly gentle and with a fortress of patience, Mage is often amused by Lorelei's boisterous personality. He remembers the many clutches he raised in his past life, and considers Lorelei no more than a kit herself. He has no particular insight into human behavior, but that doesn't stop him from constantly trying to help Lorelei navigate social situations.

History
Lorelei defines herself mostly by her failures. She was reigning chess champion of her state when she was fifteen, but lost at the national qualifiers and soon after lost her title to a thirteen-year-old.

More coming soon

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
(If your character participated in the original Hunter metaplot, then you've already written a solo that explains their reasons! Just link to that with a brief (2-3 lines, max) summary.

If not: all Hunters are human, chosen from among ordinary humans for their extraordinary ability to detect "evil beings". This abilty has affected them their entire life. The original solo guidelines are here: while, as a quest character, you do not have to write a solo yet, you should keep those guidelines in mind! Use them to develop your character's past, and their reasons for signing their life away to become a Hunter.)

Weapon Ability
(A charged weapon can deliver a powerful attack in battle! This charged attack is like a limit break or other unique power, and is the Hunter equivalent of a student's FEAR ability.

The nature of a Hunter's charged attack is related to the weapon's original species. If your weapon was a mermaid, you can't have a charged attack that inflicts a stone-like temporary paralysis on your enemy - but you could do that with a weapon that was a gorgon.)

Don't forget to include what TYPE of Fear it is! For more information please see the FEAR guide:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22177831

Physical Description:

Please refer to this coat guide and this weapon guide!

Eye Colour: Very dark charcoal grey, usually perceived as black.
Hair Colour/Style: Silver-white. It's cut short to about her chin; she has side-swept bangs, but lately she's been pinning them back in an effort to keep them out of her face.
Skin Colour: White.
Clothing Style/Colours: (All Hunters wear a standard 'uniform': a white coat trimmed with gold with their class sigil on the back. They also always wear a colorful scarf/sash as part of their uniform. No matter what, these two items of clothing must be included in your Hunter's design!)
Extra: She wears a leg brace on her left leg.
References: (If you have art or design sketches for your character, include them here!)

I haf entered her in the metaplot here.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 pm
I've entered her in the metaplot here.

Nightmare
It's not fair to people who really have it for her to claim that she's claustrophobic, Lorelei thinks. After all, being enclosed on all sides by four solid walls only starts to make her queasy after a couple of hours, and there's all sorts of reasons why that could be. Dust, mites, lead-ridden paint, sub-par light quality, allergies, gluten, bad feng shui -- she reads the news. In any case, she never pursued it beyond making it a habit to go outside for walks several times a day, and always insisting the window seat in a car.

But the reason that word persists -- claustrophobia -- is the same reason some of those anxious, sweaty walks are at night. Her ankle's aching, but it's her arm she clutches then, right above her elbow. She dreams that she's pinned down, pressed in on all sides by rock, choking on the dust of some avalanche that hasn't yet settled. The only thing preventing her from simply being able to get up and walk away is that her arm has somehow become pinched into a crevice. In her dream, she screams and screams and screams -- for her mother, for her half-brother, for her father a continent away, for people who aren't her friends anymore, for someone, anyone...

The moment she wakes up is the moment she thinks, with some finality, No one's coming to save me, so I'd have to. I'll have to cut it off. I'll have to find some shard of rock and cut into...

Even a walk at night, with all the fresh air and lack of dust, mites, and gluten, does little to shake the finality of her plans to self-amputate. It was only in a dream, she thinks, remembering the small, dark cramped space she was in, but it doesn't feel like it. And that scares her more than anything.

Sable Eye Cerena

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:38 pm
Event Quest Crits!

hello I do criting during events of quests u r first on da list/to sign up u lucky doge

Approval pert-
Name: She needs 1 legal, actual name. If she is legally recognized as Petunia Metunias, then that is what as I understand, Deus would recognize her as. Legally speaking, if she signed documents as Airi Metunias in the US though all US documents would have her as Petunia Metunias then.... she'd probably never have anything legally approved. This is coming from someone who goes by her middle name on/at almost every occasion. However if I sign anything as that name, (omitting my first) it's not recognized on any official forms. I've run into this issue at various places. For the sake of both simplicity and logic, one name is best course of action.

Weapon name;- Armageddon
Weapons can't be named after actual mythological weapons/creatures which leaves 'Armageddon' at a very strange crossroads. Rather than a character it's an event- an event that very likely, is planned by various factions/lore. I would steer clear of this name for just the fact it's HIGHLY ambiguous, and as a GM I'm not sure it's one that would get approval.

Appearance- White hair is rather rare in someone as young as 18. If there is a reason for her having white hair please take that into account as many reasons are genetic which also carry other traits, such traits can result in a 'disqualification' of being recruited as a hunter in the first place.

As this is WIP I understand that most things are still in works, but I hope these small bit help you moving forward!

Sable Eye Cerena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:08 pm
iStoleYurVamps

TY VAMPS I appreciate your drive-by critting heart Now that I understand the setting a bit better, I definitely will make some changes re: her name/hair/weapon's name.  

Sable Eye Cerena

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff