Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 09. Chatterbox [Lounge]
Junk Food from Canada/USA?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 am
What are some foods you know of that your state/country doesn't/does have? I'm curious about this...

In Canada we have poutine, which is fries and cheese curds smothered in gravy... it's really good. I also like the pulled pork poutine. There's also Beaver Tails/Whale Tails/Elephant Ears which is just a piece of flat dough that's deep fried and then thrown into sugar(you guys probably have this), I used to love them. I heard that in the states they don't have ketchup chips, coffee crisp, and a majority of Nestle/Cadbury chocolate products.

There's a few things I want from the states... like the huge variety of cereal, Honey Mustard Pringles, Cherry 7up, and those new Lay's Sriracha flavored chips.

Is it true Kinder Eggs are banned from the states?

Someone from the states should do a food exchange with me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:14 am
Aw! I wish I could send you stuffles!
Maybe once I move out and have my own place haha.
The only thing I know of that cheerwine i can only find it in my state but i think it's sold online maybe? it's a yummy cherry soda. my favoriteee.
Oh my gosh you can't get cherry 7up? Dx That's sad!
&& Yes apparently kinder eggs are banned. Because they are a choking hazard.. because American kids just shove everything in their mouth I guess? Yeesh.

WindWife

Beloved Lunatic

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:33 am
PunkyHeart_Vampire
Aw! I wish I could send you stuffles!
Maybe once I move out and have my own place haha.
The only thing I know of that cheerwine i can only find it in my state but i think it's sold online maybe? it's a yummy cherry soda. my favoriteee.
Oh my gosh you can't get cherry 7up? Dx That's sad!
&& Yes apparently kinder eggs are banned. Because they are a choking hazard.. because American kids just shove everything in their mouth I guess? Yeesh.

When and if that happens, I can send you Canadian goodies!!! Sounds good, we have like no cherry sodas up here, I tried the cherry 7up once, it was soooo good. If there's more than one flavor, we only have the original sweatdrop .

There's one store downtown actually that sells a lot of imported stuff, but like chocolates from the UK(like Cadbury Flake), lots of those canned Arizona's, and Middle Eastern food. They also have a hookah lounge in the back... which is really random.

That is a way more valid reason than what I heard. By ear, I got told they were banned because they could be "explosives" in disguise.  
09. Chatterbox [Lounge]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games