Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
I'm new here...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hoobaap

Fashionable Vegetarian

14,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:00 pm
Obviously. I didn't really know what to title this, so my apologies. I've never been that great at introductions.

I've been rping for probably 6 or 7 years now (give or take), and enjoy paranormal/sci fi stuff the most (but I have done slice of life rps too). I usually try to post 3-7+ paragraphs each post, it's on the higher end if I'm really inspired.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:28 am
hoobaap
Obviously. I didn't really know what to title this, so my apologies. I've never been that great at introductions.

I've been rping for probably 6 or 7 years now (give or take), and enjoy paranormal/sci fi stuff the most (but I have done slice of life rps too). I usually try to post 3-7+ paragraphs each post, it's on the higher end if I'm really inspired.

Tee hee, it's alright. Not everyone can be good at introductions. It just means your skills are allocated elsewhere. Personally I have a decent CHA and WIS skill base but I'm working on building my STR and CON.

Welcome by the way! I say it's been a few days since you posted this without anyone responding. Unacceptable really. I thought we had a greet-bot tucked away in storage. The batteries probably died long ago though so I'll have to do.

I'm a huge fan of Sci-Fi and Paranormal stuff. I'm part Native American, so my heritage is filled with paranormalities. That and I'm a big Supernatural fan.  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

hoobaap

Fashionable Vegetarian

14,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 am
KiIIerWarrior

Tee hee, it's alright. Not everyone can be good at introductions. It just means your skills are allocated elsewhere. Personally I have a decent CHA and WIS skill base but I'm working on building my STR and CON.

Welcome by the way! I say it's been a few days since you posted this without anyone responding. Unacceptable really. I thought we had a greet-bot tucked away in storage. The batteries probably died long ago though so I'll have to do.

I'm a huge fan of Sci-Fi and Paranormal stuff. I'm part Native American, so my heritage is filled with paranormalities. That and I'm a big Supernatural fan.

Oh dear, I'm not sure what those stand for. sweatdrop Would you mind clueing me in on those?

Yes it was, thank you for taking notice and responding! You know what, that's okay because robots freak me out a bit... Yes, I-Robot seemed like a logical possible future to me... Heh. You're totally fine!

AWW YEAH. -high fives- Ooooh, that's awesome! I live in the Pacific Northwest and grew up learning a little bit about the various tribes in local history classes. I've been fascinated by the lore just like with every other kind of paranormal/fantasy/folklore stories I can find. I supposedly have some in my blood from my mom's side. It's kind of awesome how many different backgrounds we supposedly have (she was born in Puerto Rico so I grew up hearing about El Chupacabra).

If you like the show Supernatural, you might like Lost Girl. It covers a lot of various folklores like Supernatural (usually has something new each week). The main characters are a succubus, werewolf, a siren (a male which was a nice surprise), and two humans. You need any new sci-fi/paranormal shows or movies, just ask me. I watch way too many and could probably rattle off a handful of titles for you.

Once I get something to talk about, I can have a lot to say... So my first post might have been misleading...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:09 am
hoobaap

So in otherwords...
*shy voice*, "Hi, I'm here"
Other person, "Oh, how are you"
You, "OH A FRIEND! SUCH THINGS TO TALK ABOUT MUCH OF!"

I understand. It is a little difficult starting a conversation with an empty post.

I'll start off with explanations. CHA-Charisma. WIS-Wisdom. STR-Strength. CON- Constitution They're used in a lot of different RPGs

Now then, Pacific Northwest would imply Oregon, Washington, Canada, or Montana. I'm a Wisconsinite actually. I've loved geography since forever. I think It's my Native-ness.

I've heard of Lost Girl. It's got a reference in Terraria even. Right now I'm pretty much good with Game of Thrones and Supernatural.

Before I forget, *HIGH FIVES BACK*
Can't leave you hanging.  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

hoobaap

Fashionable Vegetarian

14,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:53 pm
KillerWarrior

Yes, that is me on here... I'm not super shy in person, although I can be quiet until I have something to talk about with a stranger.

I will make a note of that. I haven't heard many people on Gaia use the terms, so maybe it is good I joined this guild, so I could learn more. smile

Yup. You named my place of residence. blaugh My dad was from Wisconsin. Then I have an aunt who lives in Michigan. My main geographical knowledge is of the US. I know bits of Australia/New Zealand because I studied abroad. Then a little bit of Canada/South America. I'm keeping an eye on what's happening with Russia/Ukraine because one of my best friends from high school is from Ukraine and still has family there.

Ah yeah I watch Game of Thrones as well. What is Terraria? I don't recall the name/term.

Thank you for not leaving me hanging. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm
hoobaap

Welcome to SDRP! It's really nice to have you here. We have some new role-plays starting up that you could join. Feel free to have a look around, and I'm sorry I didn't welcome you earlier.  

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:50 pm
Welcome to the guild~
(Am I late on this? Oops... well... uh... Awkward.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 pm
hoobaap

:3

The terms are actually D&D references, as I know them, but they aren't that essential to the guild per say. Just me. ^_^
On a side note this is a School of role-players so we've got plenty to teach!

I know geography well enough mostly because I studied played "Risk" a lot as a child.

Terraria is a game, like 2-D Minecraft, that's plenty of fun. It started as PC only but it migrated over to Playstation not too long ago.  

KiIIerWarrior

Distinct Hunter

hoobaap

Fashionable Vegetarian

14,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:26 pm
Paranormal Teddy

Not awkward at all. Thanks!

Dumpling-San

Thank you! I'll take a look this next week. Haven't had time to today/yesterday and tomorrow I'm busy as well. I plan on sleeping on Sunday and relaxing. xp

KiIIerWarrior

Oooooh. Okay!

Lol! My dad majored in geography in college I think... He's always trying to tell me to go "west" or "north", and I'm like "GIMME A LANDMARK". xd Finally got my hands on a decent GPS.

Ahh, that sounds like it could be fun. But I don't have an up to date gaming console (much to my friends dismay, but I can't really afford one atm). One friend showed off his XBOX One to me though. Haven't seen a PS3 either. gonk  
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games