Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]
[JRP] Hush, Little Babies (Baridi x ? x ?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:53 pm
User Image News had spread quickly after the little games the Kwa Kikombe had held: one of the familiars that lived in the pride, during his wandering, had found quite a pawful of orphaned cubs and pups and had brought them back, fearing for their safety. It was a noble act, certainly, especially for a klipspringer, but what would become of all the little ones? Baridi, a maternal leopardess whose first litter of leopard was all grown and making names for themselves within the pride, felt that motherly urge rise in her to go and see to these cubs and pups.

She padded slowly from her den along the grassy ground, searching for where they might have been set aside. There was a small playing field where the cubs would practice Kikombe, so she tried there first. Nothing but the youth of the pride. She glanced around in one of the larger dens after that, but still, nothing. Finally a faint sound caught her ears, and she padded to a tall patch of grass where snoring could be heard. Very light, mind you, like that of a small animal.

Baridi parted the grass with her paws, curious at what she might find there.

Depawsit

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 pm
SilverLutz

Depawsit

Bhumi was curled up tightly against her darker brother and you'd of thought the snoring would have been coming from him, but it was coming from her. She had been exhausted from all the traveling and the watching of the games and was sound asleep.

However, her sensitive ears were not. The sound of the grass moving startled her awake and she was up in a flash standing protectively over her brother looking around. She saw the leopardess and instantly remembered where she was and why she was here and she relaxed. "H-hello."  

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:14 pm
User Image

The spring sun's rays were shining down on his dark fur and making him sooo warm, his eyes were dropping and his paws just ... slumped under his weight. Before he knew it he was slumbering beneath the sun, its lovely rays continuing to laze along his fur. Leaving him as content as any cub could be ... especially a cub as alone as himself. Of course, he had his sister, but aside from her. The two were utterly alone in this universe. If it hadn't been for that strange creature that had lured them here ... well his nightmares stood testament enough to that.

As he lay snuggled against his sister, he slept like the baby he was. He was such a tough sleeper, which he inevitably had to be in order to get any sleep! His sister had quite the set of lungs on her and she snored like the rolling thunder. Which perhaps is why he didn't even notice her words as she spoke them.

He did however shake himself awake when she stood over him. Her small little paws had bumped into his sensitive little legs and he'd bolted right awake. Jerking his head this way and that, the first thing he noticed was the large leopardess standing over them. The most he could do was lie there, he mouth agape in whatever emotion he was feeling ... his little mind! It just couldn't process at the moment!

Silverlutz
He has no name, for I am fail.

CALL HIM GREEN TAILED BRO!

This is his name now, for I have spoken.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:27 pm
Baridi gave a soft 'oh!' of surprise as the grass parted to reveal two little lion cubs, a light female and a dark male. The female jerked up to her feet almost instantly, the darker male slower to come-to. Baridi tucked her head down a bit and lowered her ears, trying to come off as innocent and small as possible. Her earring glittered in the sun as she smiled, her green eyes warm and friendly.

"Hello, little one!" she returned, shifting to lay down before the two lion cubs, flattening the grass. "I'm Baridi. Welcome to the Kwa Kikombe! I heard about you and your little group of traveling friends..." She decided not to bring up the fact that none of them had any parents to speak of, at least, none that she knew about. "What a fascinating story! I'm so glad you came to visit with us. Surely you must be exhausted."

She didn't move any closer than she already was, wanting to give the cubs a while to warm up to her.

Depawsit

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:45 pm
Depawsit

Her little heart raced as she watched the female seemingly make herself smaller and less of a threat but she was already calmed down and had settled herself atop her brother whom had awoken with much confusion and just laid there. She wrapped her tail protectively around the rest of them and watched the female a moment more as she introduced herself to them.

"I'm Bhumi. It was a long day."

She said with a small smile as she got cozy again. She was tired and she yawned big and wide as she was still tired from the days events.

"Yes, we traveled with a lot of others, they were nice. I liked them" She said gnawing on her brothers earlobe gently.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:50 am
He watched wide eyed as the large leopardess before them sunk to their level, a very happy smile spread across her face. She genuinely seemed happy to see the two of them! When was the last time either of them could say someone was happy to meet them? Well besides that strange creature... but she seemed a little nervous around them at the same time. So ... he wasn't so sure she was happy so much as worried for them. Tilting his head to the left, he tried to smile but the result was more of a lip tremble.

"H-Hello ... I .. don't have a name..." He mumbled shyly, finally pulling himself to his feet and hiding behind his sister. She was a bit larger than him, which was good! He could hide behind her when needed. Though it didn't really help that he was so much darker than she was, it was not ideal for hiding from his foes.

"I-I'm not exhausted, the sun ... it just made me sleepy." He interjected Baridi's comment quickly, though it did little to help his argument, as not a second later a teeny tiny yawn slipped out of his jaws and his eyes began to droop yet again.

Silverlutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:58 pm
Baridi gave a quick look around, but none of the other cubs or pups were here with them. She wondered if there were other sibling pairs among them. It made sense for the two lions to stick together.

"Bhumi and...oh dear, no name?" she asked, clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth. "Well...I'm sure you'll get one soon! It's rare that a cub gets to decide what he or she is called," she added with a friendly smile. "Did you pick your name, Bhumi?"

She carefully stayed away from questions about their parents. She didn't want up bring up bad memories, after all. "If you'd like, I could take you to my den so you can sleep in a safer place. No one here will hurt you, but that sun must be awful on your poor little heads after such a long time walking. I have a few children but they've all grown, so there's plenty of space for you two."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:12 pm
Depawsit

She looked up at her with curiosity and she nibbled slightly on her brothers ear because it was just in that right location near her mouth. She didn't chew hard, it was just a nibble. She had to think about it, had she chosen her name? "I can't remember. I just know that's my name." She said as she realized that was the best she was going to be able to answer with.

"That sounds nice! We would love to go with you." She had decided it would suit her and her brother well enough to go with this friendly female. What harm would it do? She couldn't think of any so she figured it was thus decided then. "Thank you." She said with a large grin as she removed herself from the protective stance she had over her brother and nudged him to his feet.  

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:12 pm
He wasn't sure about anything anymore, this female who they didn't know seemed so friendly. Yet why was she so friendly, they had done nothing to deserve such kindness! Perhaps she had a more sinister plan in mind for the two of them? His little paws quaked with fear as he hid behind his bigger sister, who he knew would stand between the two as long as it took. But as the older female spoke up once more, and his sister tugged at his ear, his quaking eased and a softer more timid smile grew over the young cub's face. "You think so?!" Perking his ears as high as they'd go, he let out a chortle as one flopped right out of his sister's nibbling grasp. "My sister calls me brother - is that a name?" He really wasn't sure anymore, but perhaps this lady knew.

Another yawn crept its way across the young cub's maw and he sheepishly smiled it away with swipe of his paw to usher the traces gone. "Y-You promise your den is safe?" A quick glance around him gave him a calming feel, much more calming than any feeling he'd had where they'd previously been. "Yeah!" He perked up, stepping over his sister's paws but for a moment, "The sun is a big meanie, he makes my head really funny feeling!" He exclaimed with excitement, now liking this idea more and more by the second.

Now stepping behind his sister once more, he butted her in the shoulder lightly. "What do you think Bhumi? Should we go, is it a good idea?"

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:49 am
Baridi looked between the two cubs as they interacted, smiling softly. They were so adorable! But at the same time it was a bit heart wrenching to know that these poor cubs had been abandoned, or perhaps their parents had been killed. Her maternal instincts were strong and, although she wasn't sure that she'd raise these cubs personally, she could certainly give them a place to stay until they were comfortable with the pride.

"Well...if you wanted to be called Brother I don't see why not," Baridi said diplomatically. "And yes, my den is very safe. I promise." She pushed herself up into a seated position, keeping the little smile on her face to reassure the cubs there was nothing to worry about.

She wondered, for a moment, if there were any nursing mothers in the pride. They cubs were at that age where solid food would be a possibility, but a mother to dote on them in such an intimate way might make them feel safer. She'd have to look into it.

"I'll let you two decide what you'd like to do. I won't feel badly if you say no, but I promise I don't mean you any harm."

Depawsit

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:55 pm
SilverLutz
AHHHHHH I'm sooooo sorry!!! I didn't realize you've all been waiting on me..... >.<

Depawsit
all the love for you dear

Bhumi looked over at her little brother when he butted his head against her shoulder asking if they should go with her. She looked at him and wondered what she should do. She knew it would be the best for the both of him, even though they did not know this female. She seemed nice enough though and that had to count for something right?

"I think it would be good for us to go with you." She said looking up at the female that towered before them. She honestly didn't see the harm in them going with her and she was hungry and where there were adults, there was normally food.

"Do you happen to have any food too?" She asked eagerly, she knew her brother had to be starving as well for as much as her own stomach was grumbling.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:03 pm
OOC: Imma just wrap this up in my next post, feel free to post if you need to reach your word requirement/post requirement! Next is last from me though.

Baridi smiled a bit as Bhumi agreed that the two should come with her. She wasn't so sure she'd be the best mother figure for two lions but there was a whole pride that would be ready to raise them up.

"I don't have any food on me, but there's lots at your new home," she said, giving the little female a nuzzle before doing the same to her brother. "It's a short walk, but if you're very tired you can always ride on my back."

With that she stood and motioned in the direction of home, letting the little ones walk before her so she could keep tabs on them.

Depawsit

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:30 am
She was very pleased that she, well THEY had found a place to call home. It made her very happy. She suddenly looked up at the female as she said that she had food. At the word her stomach made a very loud grumble and she nudged her brother happily. "You hear that! We are going to be able to eat!" She said hoping up and dancing around the two of them excitedly.

"Oh, I'm not too tired!" She said darting in the direction she had pointed out for them. She looked back at her brother and wondered if perhaps he should ride on her back. Watching as everyone got situated the little cub smiled, she was satisfied that everything was good to go. Walking ahead of the Leopardess as she had motioned for them to walk a certain way she darted ahead, happy to be going to a new home.  
[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games