Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Worbla

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:54 pm
Hey, y'all! I'm going to start experimenting with worbla for armor and accessories. Do you have any tips or tricks for me?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:31 pm
Ah! I am now madly in love with worbla! This stuff is amazing!!! And to think of all the heartache I went through with foam armor...  

xinitia

Crew

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:20 am
xinitia
Ah! I am now madly in love with worbla! This stuff is amazing!!! And to think of all the heartache I went through with foam armor...
cool, I was thinking of working with worbla, right now im working with foam  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 am
It's super easy to work with and so far I'm really liking the results.  

xinitia

Crew

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:14 pm
You will have to show some of your progress and projects!! biggrin Im a worbla fanatic, and I have to use the stuff with nearly all my costumes now. lol Do you use the sandwich technique or just a single layer with a foam core?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:09 pm
Rogue-dono
You will have to show some of your progress and projects!! biggrin Im a worbla fanatic, and I have to use the stuff with nearly all my costumes now. lol Do you use the sandwich technique or just a single layer with a foam core?

It depends on the project and the look I want. I've been working with both systems. Which do you prefer?  

xinitia

Crew

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:05 pm
xinitia
Rogue-dono

It depends on the project and the look I want. I've been working with both systems. Which do you prefer?

I prefer sandwich technique but for some stuff I've been just doing a single layer with foam. Rose's armour is all done in single layer. That and its more budget friendly. You? Do you have a preference or do you like both?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:10 pm
Rogue-dono
xinitia
Rogue-dono

I prefer sandwich technique but for some stuff I've been just doing a single layer with foam. Rose's armour is all done in single layer. That and its more budget friendly. You? Do you have a preference or do you like both?

I also tend to prefer sandwich technique. It holds up better and is easier to do detail work, but budget is usually an issue for me. As such, I tend to use single layer, or a mix of both. I'll also do quite a bit of composite work, where I incorporate the worbla with a mix of other products (aka, what can I get cheap and make work).  

xinitia

Crew

Rogue-dono

Beloved Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:18 pm
xinitia
Rogue-dono
xinitia
Rogue-dono

I also tend to prefer sandwich technique. It holds up better and is easier to do detail work, but budget is usually an issue for me. As such, I tend to use single layer, or a mix of both. I'll also do quite a bit of composite work, where I incorporate the worbla with a mix of other products (aka, what can I get cheap and make work).

Yeah. It's definitely a lot easier to do finer detail work but $$$ is important too. It's nice to mix the different techniques together because it gives the overall completed work a more wide range of detailing and interesting final look. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 pm
Rogue-dono
xinitia
Rogue-dono
xinitia
Rogue-dono

Yeah. It's definitely a lot easier to do finer detail work but $$$ is important too. It's nice to mix the different techniques together because it gives the overall completed work a more wide range of detailing and interesting final look. smile

It also forces you to be more creative and think outside the box. It's a great way to develop new techniques.  

xinitia

Crew

Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces