Sweetly Tragic

Divine Vampire

19,850 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:01 pm
covo
I liked the first Dumbledore better. He seemed so perfect for the role, he was exactly the way I had pictured him. He fit the personality so well, I was very said when the actor died. *moment of silence for the actor* The new Dumbledore actor is not as good in my opinion. I try not to judge him too badly considering that he has some big shoes to fill. But in the end the actor just doesn't have the same kind of mystery about him that the first actor did have.

I agree with the first part, but Sir Michael Gambon does a pretty good job. Sure, it'll never be the same as when Sir Richard Harris played Professor Dumbledore, but....actually I'm not sure what I'm talking about. sweatdrop Anyway, I guess it's just a matter of personal opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:02 pm
I like them both. Richard Harris was a good actor, but he was obviously ill and seemed WAY too frail and sickly to be the greatest wizard of the age. Michael Gambon is very different, but I like his energy and intensity. He seems far more like somebody who'd be an actual threat of Voldemort.

I think people should realize that Michael Gambon doesn't choose what he wears, or even how he acts, in these films. If you don't like how Dumbledore is portrayed, blame the director. He's resposible for all the yelling and shaking Dumbledore does in GOF, NOT the actor who plays him. Michael Gambon is a wonderful actor (he is amazing in The Singing Detective) and I think people should cut him some slack.

I think they will get it right in the next movie. I quite liked Dumbledore in POA.  

RJ Hazelwood

taeminnie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:01 am
strawberry_nirvana
I thought Richard Harris was a perfect Dumbledore. He was exactly how I imagined. The new guy looks like he needs a bath, and he doesn't seem to have that "twinkle" in his eyes that Dumbledore is supposed to have.

exactly!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I liked Richard Harris as Dumbledore, because Gambon seems.. too aggressive and hippie-like for the part. XDD

You can paint your life a rainbow of colors.

Shigures Editor

deathcabapc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:57 pm
i LOVED the older dumbledore.. he played in the count of monte cristo and also gladiator!!! woooohhhooooo i will ALWAYS love him! he was, i think the perfect embodiment of the dumbledore i adore from the books.. and i was so heartbroken to hear of his death... he was just-i cant think of another word-perfect for the greatest wizard on earth the newer actor they casted as dumbledore pisses me off sooo bad.. i mean honestly dumbledore is one of my favorite characters and i think the older actor definately set a standard for the role that the new actor just can never aspire to.. did it not piss anyone else off when in the dungeon of the castle dumbledore snapped and grabbed at harry!?!?!!?! (i'm talking about the 4th book, after hary's name was called from the goblet of fire....) i mean even the way he yelled for harry at that moment in the dinning hall and the look he gave as harry walked by....ugh it fires me up to even think about it... evil LONG LIVE 'OLD' DUMBLEDORE!!!!! heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:33 pm
To be honest I LOVED the old Dumbledore, he was respected and he looked accactlly what I pictured him to look like. But since he died... We had to get a new dumpledore.  

neji_girl

Distinct Seeker

RJ Hazelwood

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:05 pm
You know, I like the new one better and better. I mean, I love Michael Gambon as an actor (he's awesome in the other roles he plays) but, beyond that, I find his Dumbledore to be more believable as "real" person. To me Richard Harris was nice but he seemed obviously "man dressed up in a costume." I find Gambon's portrayal to be more human, and I also think he seems like much more of a threat to Voldemort than Richard Harris did.

To be sure, I didn't like some of the things he did in GOF, but please don't forget, that's the DIRECTOR'S fault and not the actor's. In POA I think he was just about perfect, and I predict even better things for OOtP.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:20 pm
Old one, no second thoughts. The new one isn't bad, but he almost never wears his glasses(mostly occurs in the 5 movie) and he doesn't have blue eyes. Richard Harris also had more of the calm, dumbledory kinda feeling. Michael Gambon(I believe that is his name) is kinda wild, but he does have his ups  

hiwhatsup195

Numai Outcast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:29 pm
i reckon the old dumbledore was EXACTLY how i imagined him to look like and he added a nice touch in the movie,but with the new one,hes ok but i dont think he really matches up to the old one,and i also reckon,that the old dumbledore,was like the dumbledore in the book and i think he done a better job than the one that they have now  
The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff