Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Avaire Morris - Life Hunter (Crit Plz)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:41 pm
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Hunter
Name: Céidhean Avaire Morris
Nicknames: Avaire
Gender: Fluid - But mainly male. Will occasionally slip into a more feminine/female role and identity.

Category: Life

The Weapon

Name: Seija
Type of Weapon: Dagger - Tribal/Runic, hilt likely made from a Tiefling horn. Colors inspired by the species. Tiefling weaponry is very delicate in appearance and looks fragile, but is very strong.
Former species of weapon: Demon - Tiefling

Personalities

Avaire

Avaire is the guy at the party that makes a beeline for the corner furthest away from the activity, finds the nearest animal companion, and sits petting it while people watching and letting the chaos happen around him. Observing the world is his happy place. It's very easy to forget that he is in a room with you, not only because of his silence but because he has an uncanny ability to just blend in. Very much the strong, silent type.

When he DOES talk, he has a beautifully sarcastic personality. He's pleasant enough, but it's hard not to make quips. He can be very charming, bordering on flirtatious, but he never really notices that is what he is doing and it is not his intention. Most of the time.

Avaire tends to talk most when in social situations where he is nervous or does not know the person very well. Once people get close to him and knows him very well, Avaire prefers to use looks, body language, and as few words as possible to get his thoughts across. This is likely why his siblings have not heard him speak more than perhaps a book's worth of sentences in the last ten years and strangers look at them funny when they hear about what Avaire is like at home.

"He didn't seem that quiet to me."

He hates his name and prefers to go by his middle name, Avaire. So much so that he does not even answer to Céidhean anymore unless it is his mother talking and that is only because he knows better. If he ever tells you his first name, he may be drunk. He can't hold his alcohol all that well.

Being an observer, it was a natural fit for him to want to go into the sciences. He adores working in a lab and making or learning new things. In the lab is probably one of the only places you will see him get excited to the point of downright chatty. Computers and technology are his forte. He'll talk to you about all the new gizmos. Forever.

Give him a research project? Doesn't matter what the subject is. He's on it. Like fungus. Really - if you let him, he'd overtake an entire project. He has to have his hands in everything. It's a real problem.

As previously mentioned, Avaire is gender fluid. This means that the gender that he identifies with can sometimes shift for no apparent reason. Most of the time, he finds himself identifying as a male. Occasionally, however, he will identify as a female. During this time, Avaire defines herself as Annie. Annie is very much still Avaire. There is very little personality change because it is not a separate personality. The difference here is that Annie has a tendency to talk a little bit more freely and openly than her male brained side. One can usually tell when Avaire is in fem-mode by posture and the fact that she is more open to initiating conversation. The dresses help, too. Not that it is much different, as even in boy mode Avaire tends to let people dress him up.

Hobbies:
Computers
Reading tech magazines
Reading in general
Comics
Video Games
Taking things apart
Trying to rebuild them
Getting angry when he can't rebuild them the way they were
So improving on things he took apart and rebuilding them the way they should have been built the first time, damnit

Seija

Seija likes shiny objects. Seija really, really likes them and often gets frustrated that they can no longer take them. Often times they can be found trying to coerce Avaire into doing naughty things like stealing them those gorgeous wonderful fantastic shiny objects because wouldn't they look nice in your collection, darling?

Seija gives very bad advice with the occasional nugget of a good idea. They don't talk much, but when they do, it's usually to toss in their unwanted two cents on what Avaire should do. Usually to try and convince him that they won't get in trouble.

They are also extremely distrustful of most others. Seija's race, in general, doesn't like other races (and to a degree doesn't even trust their own) and find it very hard to put trust into anyone. However, once a bond is forged - as it was with Avaire - trust and affection are almost automatic and it's almost impossible to break that. As such, Seija is ridiculously protective over Avaire. They are one of the driving forces if Avaire ever stands up for himself.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
As a child, Avaire saw things that most normal people did not. His imagination - so his parents called it - constantly ran wild. He always said that there were things that were not human in the world. Things that were evil and not right. He learned to be quiet about this at a very young age.

His entire life he'd spent being an observer, not a doer. He has always been content to watch things happen rather than make them happen and be involved. Being a Hunter gave him a chance to change that and validated all of his 'nonsense' thoughts throughout his life.

Weapon Ability
Thieve's Cache
The Bite mechanic

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour/Style: Souless (Ginger) Think Domhnall Gleeson for style.
Skin Colour: Pale/fair
Clothing Style/Colours:
Extra: a Delta symbol (Δ) tattooed on his left inner wrist. He also has a Circuit Board tree of life on his middle back.
References: Face/Body

ENDESKETCH
Headshot
More art  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:59 am
kyribird

So far looks great! Personality is thought out well, as well as the weapon.

So you needed weapon power help?
Think about what type of fighter your character may be and what makes sense for them! Perhaps even give them a power that helps them develop down a path that you'd like them to work towards..

FEAR Types

Do you want a move that deals damage? There's heavy hitting moves, fast hitting moves (with less damage, but a lot of hits) as well as moves with recoil depending on your recklessness.

If you'd like them to be a healer, there are a few different versions of healing moves.

Perhaps neither? There are support moves that adjust stats like accuracy and evasion.

This probably seems really vague but I find with hunters, it's important to choose correctly to them (or their plot). Perhaps you choose them an aggressive damage dealing move but your hunter is a bit of a pacifist. They wouldn't want to use this move or would have to tough through it. This would affect their emotional state on the battle field and maybe their relationship with their weapon. Someone with a healing move may be desirable for others in battle to link up with.. but if its someone who doesn't care about other people they may keep that important skill to themself.

Battle is a key part of hunters lives (unlike students of Amity who may never battle if they don't want to).. but most, upon arriving to the island, have no battle experience.. or weapon experience! Your character may have no knowledge of dagger use besides 'stab them with the pointy end'.

Once you pick the FEAR type, everything else is the superficial appearance of the attack biggrin Does the weapon glow and strike, does something ooze off of it? Does it get flames? Does energy shoot from the blade? Pretty much anything goes.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THESE CAN BE CHANGED (within reason ;D)! If you pick something and you hate it and it's just not working, you can speak to a GM for approval of changing the move. Also as they get stronger and rank up, they learn MORE moves so you can mix it up as far as abilities.

I'm available during the day EST if you want to IM about it: thegodforgotten
At the moment, i have no home computer (being repaired) in the evening but I know there are a lot of knowledgable hunter ppl around biggrin  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 am
iloveyouDIE

Thank you so much! That gives me a LOT to think about!

Yeah, Avaire knows to stick 'em with the pointy end. I don't so much think he's a pacifist but he'd definitely prefer to, uh, stay in the lab and do nothing over pretty much anything else.

I was thinking of tying the attack into the fact that Seija was a thief. Some sort of attack that relates to stealing. I suppose that would be more of a support ability like a stun? Stealing their movement or something. If that sounds lame haha.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:58 am
Kyribird
iloveyouDIE

Yeah, Avaire knows to stick 'em with the pointy end. I don't so much think he's a pacifist but he'd definitely prefer to, uh, stay in the lab and do nothing over pretty much anything else.

I was thinking of tying the attack into the fact that Seija was a thief. Some sort of attack that relates to stealing. I suppose that would be more of a support ability like a stun? Stealing their movement or something. If that sounds lame haha.

The Bite
While it doesn't appear impressive at first, the Bite enables the user to steal Fear from their opponent when attacking. Hunters will discover that they are unable to charge their Weapon while this effect is active as their weapon is too busy converting the fear they stole into their own fear shields.

??  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:27 am
iloveyouDIE
Kyribird
iloveyouDIE

The Bite
While it doesn't appear impressive at first, the Bite enables the user to steal Fear from their opponent when attacking. Hunters will discover that they are unable to charge their Weapon while this effect is active as their weapon is too busy converting the fear they stole into their own fear shields.

??

Oooh >_> Yes I like this.

So basically it maintains his bubble every time it's charged and used?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:50 am
Tier One:
Dice: 2d4
First Dice: indicates how many turns the effect will last, starting with your next regular attack.
xxxxx 1-2: 1 Turn
xxxxx 3-4: 2 Turns
Second Dice: represents how much health you steal per hit.
xxxxx 1: 0% (Absorb no health)
xxxxx 2-3: 25% (divide your damage by 4)
xxxxx 4: 50% (divide your damage by 2)

----

So basically you would roll for the FEAR attack as above, and that effect would apply to your next two attacks!  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:49 pm
*Fusses a bit more*  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:49 am
HI KYRI BBY I was reading over your quest and I noticed something!! Your coat design might cause a problem, they actually had an issue with another hunter and that because I think before you can ask for a custom design like circuit board (it was literally circuit board in the other case) you have to wait until Hunter! I JUST WANNA LET U KNO SO YOU GET SMOOTH SAILING <3

also he's named morris and robert says no  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:06 am
Nio Love
HI KYRI BBY I was reading over your quest and I noticed something!! Your coat design might cause a problem, they actually had an issue with another hunter and that because I think before you can ask for a custom design like circuit board (it was literally circuit board in the other case) you have to wait until Hunter! I JUST WANNA LET U KNO SO YOU GET SMOOTH SAILING <3

HI BB. The circuit board is actually a tattoo on his actual back haha not his coat! Thanks, though!

GOSH ROBERT DEAL!

...unless it's a legit problem and then I can look into changing it?  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:12 pm
Kyribird
Nio Love

HI BB. The circuit board is actually a tattoo on his actual back haha not his coat! Thanks, though!

GOSH ROBERT DEAL!

...unless it's a legit problem and then I can look into changing it?

ITS NOT A LEGIT PROBLEM LMAO you know I'm teasing you but he still says NO NO DEALING GET OFF HIS LAWN

and I misread that circuit board thing, tattoos are OSM OK  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:16 am
Fussed around a little more with it <3

Still need to come up with an actual attack aesthetic and crap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:32 am
super minor but dont forget to pick out a scarf style/color o 7 o !!! all hunters have scarfies YAY SCARFIES  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces