Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
[ Intro ] One strand of a brush has endless possibilities

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:02 pm
User Image
1.) Have you read the SDRP Guide?
Yes. I will go in to lengthy reading soon enough here. At the moment, reading the current contest.
2.) How long have you been a member of Gaia?
A year after it was opened, 2004. I made too many accounts so this one doesn't have an accurate number. ( You know, when you couldn't pay to change your name ).
3.) What is your experience in RPing? (include what got you started, genres/RP types you like, GMing experience)
~ 11+ Years. I started when I was 11, had some vacations from it but overall 11 years.
~ I got started on Yahoo Chats, Roleplaying section. Then branched out to group and private groups for length story focused rps.
~ I've rped in so many genres and have gone through so many different types that I can't even possibly name. I'm adaptable.
~ GMing, I was a GM ( Alpha- Beta ) to several Yahoo Group Boards that had websites etc but the links are broken from years of dust. I was recently a Overall Mod for a Bleach/Naruto/+More site, I'll have to look up their link. I've been in and out of Mod positions mostly to help with disputes, tutoring and world making.
~ I ran my own breedables shop here in gaia, but they are just hard to keep up with and realize as far as those go- I know my strengths, and thus retired as a shop owner.
~ I got in to roleplaying by being a fan of art and creating stories on my own, til I found out how to use the internet and expand. It was a lovely escape from the harsh reality of 'irl'.
4.) How did you find the SDRP?
I followed a current member's sig from the shop guild. I forgot the username.
5.) Why would you like to join the SDRP?
I have lost a lot of rp partners recently and it's obscenely hard to find dedicated- intricate and overall rounded partners to rp with. I've had rps going for years and thus looking for that similar qualities.
6.) Is there anything you would like to do for the SDRP? (tutoring, artwork, advertising, donation, affiliation, etc)
~ In my sig, I have a free shop open for art. You can follow me on any of my art links listed there.
~ I have tutored so many in the past, I wouldn't mind taking on more but my life is a little hectic so understanding needs to be implemented.
~ I would like to help in anyway I can, I love helping. ( For now, bouncing ideas and advertisements are more in my time range at the moment ).

If anyone, ever needs anything overall. I am a very transparent, helpful, and blunt individual. Advice, critique, I do it all. I am no better than anyone here by any means and would love to be apart of the community and hope my experience can help others as well. I may be scattered brain for some recent irl events but I am open to PMs and just bouncing ideas or other. Just poke me, and remind me. I'm forgetful at times ^_^;.
My Characters: I have an abundance ( way too many ) of characters that can be carved and molded in to any world setting. All of my characters are adaptable, but I can make new ones or create/help design characters. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:28 pm
Chi Sohma

Welcome to the SDRP!

I totally understand losing RP partners. We had a mass exodus last year that was horribly disappointing but we've still got a few hanging around and hope to pick up good new ones like you.

If you're looking for an RP to join maybe you should check out this one:
Elsewhere: In the Land of Lost Things - Mixed Level | Open/Accepting | Eclectic Fantasy/Sci-fi
Elsewhere is a story about getting lost and finding Destiny but mostly it's a character showcase where you can revive your favorite characters from past RPs and put them into play again. The setting is an eclectic fantasy/sci-fi universe with genre bending tendencies where lost things randomly drop in from anywhere and anywhen. The plot is what you make of it with opportunities to get into trouble and chase down intrigue or just hang out with friends and have fun. This RP has an advanced level of set up run by a very experienced GM with detailed characters and setting but has a relaxed style with separate scenes and character roles to allow players of any level to participate and enjoy this amazing world. It's trying to get back on its feet but will likely have a moderate pace with postings every few days.

It kind of died when people disappeared last year but Mel's working on bringing it back. Already has a few players lined up and you can make a new character or adopt one of the old ones.

If you want some ways you can help out around the guild you can check this announcement that we plan to be sending in a few days.  

Ivaylo_Sai

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:12 am
Ivaylo_Sai

User Image
I'll definitely look in to it. Right now, took me so long because I'm working on a ton of art and work and Drs appointments up the yinyang.

I looked in to the roleplay but I'm hesitant because I rather not throw myself in to a group rp- until I can establish a character, and find at least one person I can bounce off with or befriend before moving in to a large group. ( I always try to snag a handler before joining big ones ). Probably going to look in to a 1x1 first, get comfortable then spread.

I was looking at that announcement. Thank you! I'm just seeing what I can handle with my workload at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:51 pm
Chi Sohma

Hello there. I'm also new to the guild. It's a pleasure to meet you. Here's my little introduction. Is there anything in particular that you were thinking about starting up as far as roleplays go?  

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:34 pm
Edsbigsister

User ImageAwsome!,
I am ( atm ) applying to be a colorist at a breedables shop that I frequently roleplay in. So my activity is low at the moment til I get the application done. BUT- I just got let go from my job, so I have free time til I get another job. That puts me in some more activity. I generally like to use aim/skype for roleplays because they go faster for some reason, and I log them in guilds of that genre- or for instance, here.

I'd love to start something up.
Right now- two of my friends and I are roleplaying a Tron/Kingdomhearts/UltraViolet sort of roleplay. Fantasy/Scifi. Complicated- but when you get the hang of it- it's a roleplay with endless possibilities and the ability to bring back old characters that have been retired.

IF you're not interested in that- I am very very bendable for any genre. I just read your introduction, and I think it will be an interesting match up for rp. Let me know what you think- what we can get started. At the moment, I'm trying to get a website going so I can put all the characters I have and what genre they fit in. It's just not on my priorities at the moment lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:54 pm
Chi Sohma

I understand the low activity. I'm currently prepping for finals, so I am going to be a little busy next week. After that I'll have a lot more free time for the summer.

Your Fantasy/Scifi roleplay does sound interesting, though I only know a little about Tron and Kingdom Hearts. I can see how it would have a lot of potential. Do you have a link I could check out?

I think your website idea sounds great too. I wouldn't mind doing something like that myself, but I may just end up putting them somewhere on Gaia for now.  

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:28 pm
Edsbigsister

User ImageAwsome!,
No, Anyone who wants apart of it- I send it in an email because I don't have it written out all pretty yet in a forum or anything. Maybe in my website I make, I'll add in that universe. It's so delicious... <3 Or it may just be in the guild. I DUNNO YET. :]

Oooooo Finals are hard :/ Wish you luck hon.
I don't know where or what I'd be doing in the summer- best is just to poke me. If I'm invisible, always poke me anyways- I usually get back to people. PC stays on due to comcast messing up a lot.

Do you have any messengers?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:36 pm
Chi Sohma

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm taking primarily major classes, so it is all just art and film stuff. I'm actually not too worried about it. Oh, and sorry for the delay. I had to run out to help someone but I'm back for a while now.

I don't have any messengers actually. I'm not against them I suppose, I've just never had them. I was getting a lot of spam through Yahoo Messenger, so I turned it off. Is there one in particular you like to use?  

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:47 pm
Edsbigsister

User Image
Skype and Aim.

Aim: dicichi@gmail.com

Although you don't have to get a messenger for me. I can do a guild post, no problem. I'll have to get it written up and started is all, or we could start off with something easier. Get in the mesh of things.

I always wanted to go to an art class.... v///v <3;

I'm slow on replies because i'm trying to get this editing done on this creature lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:00 pm
Chi Sohma

I'll look into the messengers, but for now maybe we can start in-guild. Once I get one, I'll let you know. I have been meaning to get a Skype anyway. Isn't it for video chats? I didn't realize there was a type chat function.

Art classes are a lot of fun. I'm in a graphic design class this semester, and it has been a joy. Though it took a bit getting used to learning how to print my art projects. smile I am enjoying using Adobe Illustrator.

No worries on the slow replies. I'm trying to help my friend find a font for his Wizard of Oz project at the moment, so I'm internet scouring myself.  

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Edsbigsister

Dapper Prophet

8,600 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Member 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:17 am
I just got Skype and Aim for Gaia. Feel free to look me up.

Aim: bretsidgeiss@gmail.com  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:04 pm
User Image
If anyone is up for some roleplay building...

Aim: dicichi@gmail.com

Right now, I just re-watched the anime Sword Art Online, The avvie im wearing now is my 'facecharacter'. Cool beans kinda character. But- I would still like to try my own world, that is immensely vast and you have the ability to revive any old OCs you've had die out. Either by the other person not rping, etc. I would love to find some one on one people, but eventually make it a big one.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games