Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
(PROMO PRP) Just a Shadow Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 pm
The mirror fragments shattered and there was just darkness and no beast. Perhaps there had never been an actual one other than the hints of claws and noises.

Everything stood still for a few moments longer, in this strange, isolate silence with just the two of them-

- And then the fragments recollected themselves, forming long, barricading walls, mirror-shaped walls once again.

And there was only one of them now. They had been separated. They had been trapped.

And they could both hear the terrible breathing snarl of the beast just lingering on the other side of the mirror.

OOC

The crystals have the power of ILLUSION and have cast the image of the other horsemen as "the beast". Roll 1d6 to navigate the maze to find the other. When you roll a 1 or 6 you see instead of just mirrors, the terrible visage of the beast staring at you, a creature created from your nightmares and memory. It looks like whatever your character is afraid of the most manifested into a warped, horrific form. So for example, if your character is afraid of their mother, it becomes their mother but horribly mutated and infested with Insanity.

- You are free at this point to attack the other aka the "beast" as you see fit when you encounter the other. If you do more than 10 damage to the other person the illusion shatters.

At this point it is free and OPEN rp for you to explore this mechanic and harvest as much angst as you like. Once you are ready to move on with your characters, then quote me again!

ramenli

beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:22 pm
There was a suffocating quality to the darkness that folded in around them as crystal shattered and all else faded. It was the belly of the beast, the liar, the heart of the cavern, or so they assumed. But there was nothing here, nothing to see but the darkness, and the faint yellow glow cast by the priestess' right eye. They were alone in that pressing silence, and her hand, so small in his, tightened. "Where is it?" A whisper, but it seemed so loud to her ears as her senses strained in the darkness.

Movement then, but not the rustle of claws and scales against stone. No, this was the soft sound of something thin and fragile rolling over itself, reforming. The crystals that had shattered around them were coming together, closing in, and the mare moved in automatically against the guardian's side.

"It's a trap," she hissed, drawing her hand free of his so she could draw an arrow from the quiver, knocking it against the sting and drawing it back as the iridescent fragments shifted and swirled. As they drew closer she loosed her arrow, the tip bursting through a flat stretch crystal, only to have those scattered pieces gather again like water flowing towards a central point. It was closing in, surrounding them, and she turned to keep that spread of glass like sheen in sight.

That's when it came between them. Thin at first, barely noticed before it was too late. Nergui turned as it closed in to block the tall stallion from view, and she swung the bow, seeking to shatter the barrier that had formed between them, but it did not break. It shocked her, and that shock rose up, grew, morphing into panick as she smacked her palms against the crystal, then pounded at it with her fists. "Soren!" Was that rumbling her imagination? It did little to slow the frantic pounding of her heart. "SOREN!"

Him leaving her was one thing. At least then he would still be alive. She would be hurt, a broken thing, but he would be whole, happy. The thought filled her with sorrow, but that was nothing to the fear of losing him to death. That she would not survive.

ramenli

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

ramenli rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:06 pm
The guardian heard her warning too late, eyes darting around as he tried to see what danger was headed toward them. Then he turned back toward her and met only his own reflection. "Priestess?" he called, unable to hear her. He tried again, louder, voice filling the lonely maze he found himself in.

This time a reply met him. A snarl sounded, the breathe of the creature so loud he could practically feel the putrid air washing over his skin. The sound came from behind the crystal, from where he had last seen Nergui.

He could no longer hear her.

Soren was not panicking, he knew she would not fall so easily, but worry was starting to uncurl in his mind, along with knowing that if she did fall, if he did not reach her in time, it would all be his fault. He should have stayed glued to her side, never taking his eyes off of her. This quest, this beast, had been allowed to distract him from his first duty, and now there was a risk that she would pay with her life. Desperation had him searching for her, fingers scrambling over smooth crystal to try to find an opening.

Beejoux

Beejoux rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:08 pm
Panic rolled over the mare in a suffocating wave. She pounded at the crystal until her hands ached with the effort, bruised and battered. She couldn't breath, couldn't think. There was nothing but that crippling fear, that dread, that she might lose him.

Lost him. Lost him, you have already lost him.

The voices stirred, laughing in the dark as Nergui tried desperately to find some crack or crevice in the wall that separated them. A cold breeze, a bitter reminder that she had not needed. This was different. This was not a parting of the ways, this was more, this was permanent and irreparable. They were creatures of Death, the ancient walked among them, but they could still Die. Not a temporary state, not the death that came in dreams, but real, and finite.

Snarls rose above the sounds of her struggle, and she froze, listening, the blood in her veins running with ice as she realized where that awful rumble was coming from.

Beyond the crystal.

Soren was trapped with it.

Crunch, crunch. Lunch!

"No!" Bow rising, the mare set another arrow, drawing it back as she fought to still her breathing and the hammering beat of her pulse. She aimed for the oil slick sheen of the wall before her, and just before dark fingers released the string, as she let her breath leave in a steadying exhale, the darkness swirled and changed.

Not the vast darkness of the crystal maze, but the golden glow of rage filled eyes. The granite pitch of discolored skin. A proud priestess, reduced to a creature of insanity and despair. It howled into the echoing quiet, and Nergui's screams echoed it as she fired at her own twisted reflection.

She would not become that. She would not!

Home, child. Come home.

ramenli

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

ramenli rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:00 pm
He could still hear the noises of the beast, and if he stretched the limits of his hearing he was almost certain he could hear her screaming as well. Still the crystal stayed where it would, showing him his reflection and the reflection of crystal surfaces, endless reflections stretching on around him.

In a fit of anxious energy he pounded his fists against one of the crystal mirrors, but the crystal did not budge or shatter as it had before. He was stuck in the maze, with nothing but the sounds of a creature he could not even face echoing around him.  
ramenli rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:05 pm
No matter which way he turned Soren could not find the creature. The calls of the beast were started to work into his brain, affecting his mind as he tried in vain to reach it. Already his thoughts were racing, twisting down dangerous paths as he wondered if he was already too late, if the beast had already reached his priestess.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

ramenli rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:10 pm
Soren squared his shoulders, forcing himself to accept that worrying was pointless. His only hope was to get himself out of the maze and locate the beast, hoping to draw it away from Neru and to focus it's attention on him.  
ramenli rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:20 pm
This was frustrating, and letting out a growl of his own Soren stalked about, trying to find even a clue that would lead him out of this confounded maze.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

ramenli rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:23 pm
And suddenly there it was. Just ahead of him, as if it were waiting all along. "Disgraceful" it howled at him, snarling and nails digging into the ground. "Failure."

For before him was a creature so twisted by insanity that it was hard to even recognize the features in its face. As it shook his head he saw bits of multiple women in his life. His mother. Astridr. Nergui. A creature so twisted together it was hard to tell what went where. But it was easy enough to understand. He would fail yet again, the creature knew it. Always a disappointment, always a failure.

This was not something he could stand by to idly watch. He tried to push back the fear this creature presented him with, the fear of failing Neru if he did swear himself to her. He would be a failure regardless if this beast overwhelmed them.  
Beejoux rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 7 Total: 15 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:36 pm
Twisted howls filled her ears. The broken remnants of her own voice, torn and bent by the insanity that threatened to consume her. She faced that living nightmare, eyes wide, and finally she was afraid. Afraid of losing herself, as much as losing the guardian. In wonderland she had thought that it would be simpler, less painful, to just give him.

She had been wrong.

Again she groped for an arrow from the quiver on her back, knocking it in place and drawing it back in shaking hands as she backed away from that awful image. "I don't want this!" It was worst than death, worst than anything else. She fired, at the sharpened point of the arrow drove into the crystal face of the wall, embedding itself in that hard stone and sending a spiderweb of cracks over the face of that twisted image.

Come child, come home.

"No!"

Dmg: 9/10

ramenli

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-16)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:46 pm
The beast seemed to be yelling at him, but he had already made up his mind to do something about it. He moved back, drawing his arm back as he moved and then lashed out with the steel tips of his gauntlet. He was already preparing for the next attack with the illusion feel away.

One moment he was staring at a warped beast, hideously twisted by insanity, and the next he was staring at Nergui, the evidence of his attack on her in shallow grooves. He froze, eyes riveted on the scratches, and for a moment it was if everything had stopped. The beast was right, he was a failure. Not merely allowing harm to come to the priestess but to have caused it himself.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:40 pm
Pain was instantaneous and startling. One more she was screaming at her own twisted reflection, and the next the image had shattered around her and something had smashed into her face, sent her head back, blood flying in a soft arch that vanished as it hit the dark crystal around them. She blinked, stunned, before straightening again and reaching a hesitant hand up to the sharp ache and sting that throbbed along her left cheek. When her hand drew back her fingers were wet.

She seemed shocked, but when her chin lifted and those mismatched eyes snapped up to take in the tall figure before her expression softened. "You broke it." She said it quietly, and there was an obvious thread of gratitude to her voice as she looked up at him. Clearly she did not mean the skin on her cheek or any bone within that delicate face. Her nightmare, he had shattered it, he had snapped her out of that all consuming panic, and he had made his way back to her side.

"It was awful." Now the mare looked stricken, and her gaze slid from his conflicted eyes and out into the vast darkness they stood within. "I saw myself, eaten alive by the Insanity that rides within me. A twisted thing, broken and mindless." A shudder ran up her spine, made her eyes fall shut as she wrapped her arms around herself. "I don't eve want to become that, Soren." Emotion was squeezing her voice tight, fear, and every other horrible thing that had plagued her heart for months now.

When she opened her eyes there was the faint shine of tears glittering in the silver and gold glow. "I heard the beast. You were trapped, and I heard it with you, and I thought..." Her head shook, and she held herself tighter. "I could live with you not being mine." If I have to, was left unsaid, but heavy in the air between them. "But the thought of you dead." She had to swallow past the lump forming in her throat. "It hurts. I don't think I could bare that. I couldn't..."

She was shaking, a fine tremble that had started in her hands, but that spread up the arms and through the shoulders. She had so desperately wanted to hide how very deeply he had cut her, but how could she? How could she be anything but honest when him, when that was what she wanted in return. "I am miserable," she confessed, breath catching in her throat. "I wake up, and you are not there, and I feel my heart breaking all over again." Those mismatched eyes came up, searching familiar red. "I love you, doesn't that mean something to you?"

ramenli*

zoobey
We busted through!

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:04 pm
They were, for all intents and purposes, together again. The shadows faded, the illusion faded. They were back at the start again.

"Do you see now?" It was the small horseman from the start. "Do you see now?" Their form twisted and grew malefic, turning black, deeper black, until there was only shadows. "Do you know what the beast is?"

Before either of them could answer, they woke, where they had dozed off. In their hands was a something that looked like a small pebble, shattered through the center. It felt like whatever had been contained with it had been lost as well.

ramenli

beejoux

OOC
This is wrapped up! Feel free to use the trinket whatever you please, it is just a memento of their adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:26 pm
Each word, each hesitant sentence agonized him. He could see her swallowing, knew that these confessions were the most honest that she had probably ever been with him. He had known it had hurt her when he rejected her, but now, seeing it, knowing how deeply she hurt, he could not excuse himself. He reached out to her, words sticking in his throat. So instead he moved close, fingers tracing under the cut on her cheek, not looking away as her eyes met his. Whatever she could see there, he wanted her to know him.

"It means everything," he admitted, voice hoarse. It meant being vulnerable, opening up again, letting someone in deep enough to hurt him.

But it also meant good things too. Staying by her side, staying with her and protecting her, watching Neru in her radiance and being content just to be in her presence. It meant forming new memories. When she was happy, he was too, and seeing her suffer meant he suffered as well. She was already part of his life, and denying it was not working out. Ignoring her love was a foal's response, not when he felt it to. "I love you Nergui. I don't want to hurt you. I want to protect you. Guard you." He chose his words specifically, asking without so many words if she could accept him as her guardian when he had already acted like a foolish colt earlier.

And then they were back at the beginning, the horseman twisting into shadows.

When he opened his eyes he knew barely even registered the pebble before he was up and moving, long strides eating up the distance separating them. Every time she woke without him she said her heart broke, and he was determined to stop that as soon as possible.

Beejoux

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out