[PRP] Here for advice (Jayen & Olivia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:31 pm
Jayen left the temple where the council had their meetings. He was the newest addition to the council, a honor that had surprised him when it happened. All his time became dedicated to the council. It wasn't too often that he allowed himself to have a break since he started. However he knew that he needed to take a break every now and then to give himself a chance to recharge.

He had asked to take the afternoon off from his council duties and spend some time with his fellow pride members. As he walked toward the meditation pond, he looked at his surroundings, taking it all in. He might have spent his whole life in the pride, but it still amazed him how full of life it was.

The pond was where he usually went to clear his mind. When he wasn't busy he would be found here. He stopped and looked at the pond. Maybe later he would spend time there. He gave a gentle smile as he walked past those meditating.

He headed to the heart of the pride where many of the pride members gathered to talk. It had been some time since he had a chance to talk to his fellow pride members. He didn't want to seem distant from them. When he was a knight he would do his best to make as many friends with his fellow knights.

Growing up he had always kept himself away from those around his age. He didn't enjoy playing around like most of them and preferred to study and train. If they struggled with their studies though he was always first to help. He still wanted to help whenever possible.

Conrad The Mighty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:51 pm
User Image
Lindiwe'Oliva was not always the most creative of cubs growing up, nor was she the one that others came to for games. More often than not, she was the one chastising her siblings for not studying hard enough or not taking the jedi oath seriously enough. But now that she was the one in need of guidance, she had to be very careful of who she let know it, her siblings though now grown would surely never let her hear the end of it.

Settling arguments was always her forte, the tan lioness figured it would be enough to carry her into knightdom, which was the necessary step she needed to become a Peacekeeper. She felt like she could do so much good in other prides settling either interpridal disputes, or those between quarreling prides.

What she needed now could only come from a high ranking jedi. Quietly, she let her paws guide her through the pride. In her mind, she knew the council was in session, but her instincts told her there would be someone to answer her questions out and about today.

When she saw the newest council member, her heart rate sped up and she smiled. Perfect.

"Excuse me, Master Jayden? Could you spare some time for another aspiring Jedi Master?" Oliva offered a quirky half smile as she waited for a reply.
R4gn0r0k IV

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:17 pm
Jayen looked at the lioness who spoke and gave her a smile. “Of course.” He said with a nod, grateful that he could be of some use. This was exactly what he needed, a chance to do more then his council duties, to get a chance to interact with the pride members.

“Why don't we take a walk through the trees? It will be quieter there, less distractions.” He said as he started walking toward the trees. He didn't walk quickly, taking his time to enjoy his surroundings.

Once they were away from others, he cleared his throat. “What is on your mind Lindiwe'Oliva?” He asked, sitting down in the shade of the trees. It was much quieter here, though he could still hear the younglings at play as well as lectures being held. It was still a tranquil spot.

Conrad The Mighty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:07 pm
Lindi nodded at his suggestion to go beneath the trees, it was quite warm on this day, and a little shade would be much welcome. She smiled as she kept pace with the council member, remembering organizing a picnic in a similar spot with her siblings in their youth. This gave her time to formulate how she was going to phrase what was on her mind.

"Well, I am a little concerned with my Knight trials, more specifically the Trial of Skill. I'm just drawing a blank.." She shrugged an settled down in the grass across from him.

"What skill did you learn?"
R4gn0r0k IV

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:11 pm
“Some trials come more naturally to us then others.” Jayen said with a nod. “But I understand your concern.” Now that he was on the council he helped decide who passed their trials. Most were nervous but were able to succeed in their trial.

“My skill? Well to be honest I had a fairly unoriginal one. I had learned some defensive fighting styles from the monkey's in the forest.” His cousins he thought with a small smile. It wasn't well known, but Jayen had been raised by a clan of monkey's who had made the jungle their home. He still considered them family, even if some of them did get on his nerves.

“I showed the council my mastery of the art and my hard work paid off.” He explained. “It was, for me, one of the more straight forward trials. However I struggled with the trial of flesh and spirit...” He managed to complete both the trials at the same time.

Conrad The Mighty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:35 am
Lindiwe nodded as he listened to the council member, considering his words. She hadn't thought of using defensive training, as a diplomat, that could come in handy out in the rogue lands, or on any mission for that matter. She was beginning to understand that trials were about extracting the meaning of trials life puts an individual through.

"It does make sense at least. I am a proficient hunter, but I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to display that to the council in a scholarly rendition.." She blew the hair out of her eyes with a huff. "It may be unorthodox to ask the entire council to meet me out in the fields very quietly." With this she laughed joyfully and threw her head back in jubilance.

"I guess that would also negate underwater basket weaving." Now she was just having a go at the idea. It probably wasn't proper to make such jokes about a serious matter, but she felt comfortable around him, perhaps it was because he was closer to her own age than the rest of them.

The rest of the trials didn't really bother her too much, accept the trial of the spirit. She wasn't quite sure what she was the most afraid of.
R4gn0r0k IV

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:07 pm
“It would be a tad unorthodox, but I am sure the council would allow it if you did want to show us your hunting skills. That said, some of the council members might scare off the prey.” Jayen said with a smile, thinking of the grand master. Verex was a very intimidating lion until you got to really know him, Jayen thought.

He gave a soft chuckle at her joke. “If you managed to do that, I am sure that the council would allow an exception for such a unique skill.”

“My advice is to go with what your instinct says. Maybe try some new things, talk to some of the masters. All the masters are willing to teach the skills they have developed with the younger generation. You might even be able to find some skills outside the pride like I did.” He said with a nod. “Part of the trial is self discovery, finding out what skills you have and what skills you need to improve. Some padawans take it upon themselves to do the trial in a skill they started off not having just to show how much effort they took to improve on it.”

Conrad The Mighty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Lindi was glad her joke was received well. It made the young council member easier to talk to, she thought, but he still deserved much of her respect. As he mentioned some members scaring off her prey, her mind also went directly to Verex. That was one lion she had never gotten the opportunity to take apart, but that was probably how it was supposed to work.

But as the tone turned to the more serious aspect of the conversation, her smile faded as she drank up his words. Instinctually she nodded along as she chewed on the words. To venture out into the rogue lands with no schedule or plan of attack was a menacing thought. It was like jumping into a pond without knowing how to swim! That's when the light bulb in her mind illuminated, her neck straightened and her eyes widened. That was how this was supposed to be; a sink or swim exercise.

Then she looked at Jayden as if they were the oldest friends or he just exposed the secrets of a famous magic trick. "AhhhhHHHHHhhhh!"
R4gn0r0k IV

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:24 pm
His eyes went big when she spoke again. That was unexpected, he thought. After the initial shock wore off he let out a hard laugh. He turned his head away from her, feeling embarrassed for even laughing. Once he was able to calm himself, he looked back at her.

“I am sorry that was rude of me to laugh. I just wasn't expecting that. Were you able to think of an idea?” He asked curiously.

Jayen hoped that his words had helped her, and by her reaction she had some direction.

Conrad The Mighty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:53 pm
His laughter again brought her another level of reassurance and comfortability, not shame, nor the sense of embarrasement he was cutely displaying. Cute? No no! This is a Council Member! Her thoughts were conduct unbecoming of a jedi, sworn to take no mates. The devil's advocate in her bones twisted, that didn't mean she could not mate. The ability to see both sides of a coin could be as much of a punishment as it was a gift. Lindi pushed the thought from her head as best and as fast as she could.

"Not exactly, but that is the grand notion. I must go out to the rogue lands with an open heart and listen to my instincts. The force should lead me to where I need to go, if I trust them with my whole soul." Her words raddled around in her head as an echo of the lore keeper that helped raise her little family when the youngling teachers did not. Her father was of no use.

"As you did." She flashed a kind smile, but only kindness. The rouge lands would be a breath of fresh air. Lindiwe was not a carnal animal, she was simply hitting the age where her internal clock reminded her that it was ticking. Getting back to her siblings would surely press the snooze button on the clock!
R4gn0r0k IV

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 am
“The force will guide you to where you need to go.” He agreed, remembering his own time in the rogue lands. “However there are temptation out there. Ones that we have been warned about since we were young. Out in the rogue lands, sith are not the only danger to us.”

He paused for a moment. “However the rogue lands will help you grow and learn. I am sure you will learn plenty from your quest in the rogue lands.” Jayen knew that it was important for them to learn and grow. The jedi could help them, but nothing really prepared them for life outside the pride.

“You will do fine out there.”

Conrad The Mighty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:19 pm
Lindiwe was honored to have his confidence. If a blush could show through her fur, he would see a light shade of pink spreading across her cheeks. Yeah, definitely time for her to go before she stuck her paw in her mouth.

"The force is a very complicated thing, but I am sure you are correct, Councilman Jayden. Thank you so much for your advice, I will keep it close to my heart and contemplate on you while I am out in the rogue lands." Too late, hopefully either didn't catch onto what had just slipped out, or he would be too polite to comment on it. Either way, she was not going to give him the opportunity.

She bowed and gave the standard departure pleasantries, then she turned sharply and walked off in the direction of her resting place to gather her things. The sooner she began her trials, the better. Lindi was embarrassed to be so old and still a padawan, perhaps when she spoke to Jayden as a Jedi Knight, she would have more to say.
R4gn0r0k IV
El Fin?

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:45 pm
Jayen gave her a gentle smile. “Your welcome.” He didn't allow her last words to affect his smile. Though in his head he repeated what she said. “Have a safe trip.” He wasn't sure if he would see her before she ventured out, so he felt like it was alright for him to add that.

He looked away as she left. There was an uncomfortable feeling in his chest, as if someone had let some fireflies loose inside his belly.

If it didn't go away he would be sure to check with a healer. After some meditating it should go away, he thought as he got up to go to his usual spot next to the pond. It would give him a chance to clear his head.

fin  
[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff