Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Callista the Nagual ~ accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Callista Nerissa Snow
Nicknames: Callie. Only a few know her middle name.

Faction: Monster
Race: Nagual

Natural Ability: Shape shifts into a rabbit/hare. Size is 7kg (equivalent to about 15lbs) about the size of an average cat.

Personality:
[Quick Minded] - From the first time she picked up a book, Callie's parents knew that their child had a knack for learning. She could read a book and as long as she understood what she read, she'd remember it. Her mind was quick to make connections from one piece of information to the next. It wasn't that her memory was good, per-se, but more so her mind made connection quick that helped her recall information. With this, she can also relay information and help others learn.

[Curious] - Always thriving for more information, Callie likes to poke her head into things. For the most part, she is just a fly on the wall, listening and just having the information in her head. She's not one to spread gossip, she just enjoys knowing. For those that would confide in her, she would very much like and keep secrets for others.

[Socially Awkward] - Since she was home schooled, Callie doesn't really know how to make friends. She know she'd do better around books, but since the main reason why she went to school in the first place was to make friends, she pushes herself out there. There's no way she'll start a verbal conversation, but instead Callie would smile and try to 'signal' a conversation that way.

[Klutz] - Callie is so busy learning and absorbing information that she somewhat fails to grasp what's around her. Whether it be while she walks and trips over something or bumps into something, Callie normally ends up with bumps and bruises. She really doesn't mind, however, and tries to look at the bright side of her injuries (whatever they may be -- it could be from the interesting shape or color to something like... enticed about the design of the pole she walked into).

Note the fact that although she has a good memory, she wouldn't use it on a normal basis against someone. It would only be if she were threatened and needed to get out of a tight situation.

Callie isn't as much a fighter as a tactical thinker.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Coming from a wealthy family, Callie was home schooled in her earlier years. In the beginning, her parents felt like only they could push Callie to her limits. They realized later that although Callie was bright, she was lacking in her 'street smart' skills.

Her parents came to her with this information and Callie willingly accepted what she was lacking and having a hard time grasping. Although scared, Callie went to school willingly.

Being at home, Callie lacked drive as well as friends. She read and took in what she wanted, but her parents, who were known for their shape shifting and time manipulation skills. Callie had the ability in her, just no way to pull out the need to harness them.

FEAR Ability: Swift Strikes - Speeds up Callista for a turn. Quick attacks can help wear down her enemy, though the extra edge may just give her the opening she needs to run...

Physical Description:
Eye Colour: black red blue...
Hair Colour/Style: sky blue and extra curly ouo!
Skin Colour: pale. Very pale.
Clothing Style/Colours: Lolita!
Extra: Bunny ears and tail (though not visible on art)
References: See pre-made 8D  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:17 pm
Hey! I really like her personality. I think the only crit I might have is to possibly relate her combat ability to a more monster like trait or perhaps her natural form? I do see you want her to be less physical of a brawler and more mentally focused, so I can see why you'd want a Mind/ magic oriented ability. I don't really think you need to change it that much, as it does seem to fit her bookish personality more than being a big slugger in battle. But if I can suggest some possibilities as alternatives?

Claws: she doesn't have to be strong or even very co-ordinated to use sharp bunny claws.

Shape shifting in battle: some kind of rabbit kick or slash? They actually have a very powerful hind leg kick that they can use defensively and some rabbits do box one another competively! this can tie in with clawed feet or hands in a lot of ways ^^

Speed: rather than a spell like ability, she could just have an innate speed ability that she uses in a fight. Rather than affecting her enemy, she could have this as a personal sprinting kind of ability? I am thinking very much of the white rabbit being too fast for anyone to catch up to when he's on a mad dash! She could totally use this defensively by blasting away from a confrontation that isn't going well! Rabbits are incredibly swift lil critters, so you wouldn't have to justify this one at all, I think! But it might make sense for her to shift her lower legs into rabbit hind legs when she really wants to zoom...

I really like how she sounds so far! I am a little curious about her family too, are they all rabbit shifters as well? You say they have help, are they wealthy? Since she's so well dressed I would assume so, but she could also just be bad with money and spend her allowance on shiny clothes and books!  

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:58 am
Aazhie

Haha. I added some information to the 'why' part of the form in hopes of answering your questions.

I wouldn't mind the speed ability, but I was thinking that the time manipulation was in her lineage xD of course, I'm open to changing if it's not possible.

I think I also read somewhere that once she goes to year 2 she can get another skill? I wouldn't mind starting out with the speed and them gain her time manipulation ability xD

Thanks again for your help! I'm glad I got at least the basis of her down xD  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:40 am
Critssssss

Approval pert-

Natural ability is OP- The max a y1 student should have for shifting is 1 form- that is their 'natural form' and one they can shift into. I think the size shifting is fine as is just perhaps say how big she can get- (like large dog or small car? How much anger can she hold/how big can she 'blow up').
However where it becomes OP is giving her the additional partial shift- if that is the case then that is akin to an additional natural ability- it's a skill that while relevant to her species, isn't something that directly ties to her current chosen natural ability. Basically, anytime you give a student a new natural form that 'uses' a natural ability 'slot' if you will. I would say save that skill and have it be her y2 skill or some such!

Not approval pert but worth consideration- Her umbrella is a 'prop' tool and can't be used for FEAR attacks- while this isn't the case I mention it because while she might have been based on 'white rabbit' from wonderland, her myth origins, Nagual, don't lend to the concept of time or time alteration. It's ultimately up to you if you want to stick to the theme of wonderland/white rabbit but I will mention to keep in mind that future FEAR/natural abilities will have to follow a logical relation to chosen species. The time manipulation is... viable kinda? Sorta? But borders on use of a highly powerful type of magic (Something monsters in general suck at) and being utterly unrelated to her species.

My suggestion is less that she alters time itself, (something considered in general to be VERY powerful of a skill), to that she alter the perception of time due to her speed- Kinda also like watching a pitcher throw a 'fast ball'- the speed of the object itself isn't actually changing, but the minds is slowing the images down as we process them at a high speed, thus giving the perception of a slower object when it's actually moving at rather high speed!

ATh e a r t

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:25 am
iStoleYurVamps

Well, I added the partial part mostly because naguals are humans that can transform. Should I just handwave that bit? XD but yeah I don't mind getting rid of that bit at all :3

I wasn't thinking much for the time bit. More so like... A lapse in time? Hmm... Like she'd basically have a second to make one move and basically be over. So kinda more speed based? *bad at explaining*

And I edited the shape shifting part xD  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:01 pm
ATh e a r t

Yes/no? Like- she's not an actual... human. But I realized, are you thinking/working off the premise that the species, Nagual, automatically give her the ability to have both a rabbit and a human form? If that's the case then unfortunately THAT ability would be what's needed as her natural ability. However, if not, then her normal/natural form is rabbit, the size shifting being her natural ability.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:51 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Okay! I think I changed everything I needed to ouo  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:41 pm
ATh e a r t
iStoleYurVamps

Okay! I think I changed everything I needed to ouo

Haha I think It's fine but you might have accidentally edited out her fear attack's category! XD  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 pm
iStoleYurVamps

... Okay added XD;  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:59 am
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas