Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:54 pm
User Image

Biti was getting anxious, and he wasn't very good at hiding it- it didn't suit him at all. He itched to move quickly, to return to his home again and stay there- but he knew his job now was important, and that Meshach and his companions were still wary. They would go no faster.

To keep himself moving along, Biti flew ahead and circled back and forth. If anybody was looking for them, the odd pattern would certainly draw attention, but the naive little bird wasn't worrying about that now that they were some ways away from the Mwezi'Johari. He wasn't thinking, either, about how now that they were at a comfortable distance, it was very unlikely that he would not be forced to answer more questions about what was going on.

All that aside, it was a bright and beautiful day along the easiest, most direct route from the Mwezi'Johari to the Tianxia.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:24 am
Ecavi

User Image

The weather was pleasant. If he allowed himself to, he could almost forget the trials currently to undergo the pride. He hadn't wanted to make this trip, but in the end decided it was necessary.

His eyes watched as the bird flew in circles. While true they didn't really have to be afraid of being spotted by his nephew's guards, it was becoming irritating. There was other things out here with eyes. He waited until the bird looped back then stopped and spoke up.

"Come ride on my shoulder little friend," Meshach said firmly making it a little less than a suggestion. Clearly he wouldn't move until Biti was out of the air.

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:34 am
Biti was caught by surprise when Meshach invited him to rest on his shoulder-- though even he could tell it wasn't really an invitation. He decided neither to fight him on it nor think too hard about it, and swooped down to land on the lion's shoulder. Lucky for Meshach, Biti was a very small bird.

"You're a lot like your father," Biti said thoughtfully, unable to keep the observation to himself as he suddenly found himself with a face full of fuzzy blue mane. Kind of backwards colors, he supposed, but a lot like Thoth. While looking over his new perch with this in mind, he was brought back to reality by the scars scattered over Meshach's side. Impossible not to notice, even from the distance they'd been keeping, but more alarming up close.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:43 am
Ecavi

He was pleased when the bird didn't put up any fight and landed neatly. Unprompted he resumed walking. Biti's comment startled him so that he stumbled a step then caught himself. Meshach glanced back over his shoulder.

"I do?" The question popped out before he could stop himself. It was oddly pleasing in a way. It made him feel closer to his father. "What can you tell me about him?" Meshach kept his pace to an easy rolling walk that wouldn't make it hard for the bird to balance. This could be interesting. What did this bird know about his family?

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:18 am
Frowning, Biti glanced back up when asked about Thoth. The reality of the situation these lions were in was hard, even doing as much as he could, there wasn't enough that the little bird could do. But that's what this whole trip was about, wasn't it? Even if the travelers didn't see it yet.

"I didn't know him personally, really," Biti said, "I saw him a few times with Ally, I know he was an excellent guard and she trusted him very much. When she died, I stopped having any real direct contact with the pride but I watched. I mean, I grew up there too."

Biti ruffled up his feathers.

"Your parents were good rulers."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:36 am
Ecavi

That was..... disappointing. How could the bird say he was like his father when Biti didn't know his father personally or even him all that well. He should have known better from a bird. Birds were useful, but not a lion.

Meshach felt his throat tighten with the bird's simple comment about his parents. "Aye," he replied simply around the lump. So much better than his nephew. The shame of the family. He prayed the Great Lion would forgive his family the shame his nephew brought upon them.

"So. Tell me about where we are going." This would fill his mind and pass the time.

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:56 pm
Biti new what he had to say was a disappointment but he couldn't help himself. Nobody understood just how much he was involved in the pride, even while Alcmene lived it was only her who seemed to really notice him.. though he was certain her offspring took notice of his presence even after she died, though he mostly stayed away.

Besides, you didn't need to be their best friend to know that Thoth and Lela were good leaders. The trials they faced were difficult, their handling careful and skilled, and their untimely demise was unfathomable, even from the outside.

"The Tianxia is a large pride," he answered, glad for a change of subject, "Not so much in population, like the Mwezi'Johari, but their lands are quite spread out. But they are broken up into houses, each inhabiting a different area of the lands. I first went there to investigate after two scouts came to ask if they might arrange a marriage between a lion from the Mwezi'Johari and their heir."

Though Alizeti's departure was before his time, Meshach would certainly recognize the parallel with his elder sister. Never mind that Biti had mentioned his own connection to the pride when they met.

"I helped when some guards were sent to arrange a marriage for Selene, though nobody asked me," Biti added, "I did get to meet Fuu before.. before all of this nonsense. He's from the ruling family of the West House, the same one that Alizeti, now called Zhong Wailai, married into."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:38 pm
Ecavi

The purple lion mulled over this new information. A large pride, and Biti just wanted them to waltz in? Well it didn't sound that hard, but he wasn't familiar with the area. And this broken up pride. It'd be harder to avoid moving groups rather than one big pride. Meshach chewed his lip in thought. His ears perked at the mention of an arranged marriage. Now where was that familiar? Something with family perhaps. He'd mull on it and it'd probably come to him later.

Oh Alizeti. That explained it. So the bird had some connections in both prides already. That might be useful.

"So who am I meeting?" He gave another glance at the bird. Biti had been rather clothed beak about that, but given their situation he couldn't blame him. Now though. Now he wanted to know what he was getting into. "And how do you plan we get close enough to talk to whoever it is?" He added as an after thought. "I don't want more scars added to my hide."

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:54 pm
Biti ruffled his feathers when asked who they were going to meet, he still sure how safe it was to give away all of his secrets.. and while still under suspicion, he figured it would only cast more doubt on him. He simply didn't know the best way to answer, he wanted to be truthful but even he could see how it wasn't that easy- and he knew what his instructions were. The truth would have to wait.

"We will come into the lands from the West, so we will not be wandering through territory that is not expecting us," he said, clicking his beak and hoping that didn't sound bad, "Even so, passersby are not treated harshly and the three of you would hardly seem a threat. The Duke and Duchess are waiting for us, that should be enough to get us to where we need to be quick enough once we arrive."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:27 pm
Ecavi
How do you want to wrap this up?

He noticed the omission and said nothing. Yet. They still had a long way to go if what the bird told him was correct. There was time to get the information. Meshach listened closely to what he was told. The lionesses would be interested to hear this when they stopped for the night.

His ear twitched to learn that they were expected. Which meant they assumed the bird would be successful in his mission. It surprised him when to learn just who would be seeing him, and the implications. Why would they want to see an outcaste like him? So many questions he had.

"Alright. What customs do they have that we need to watch out for?"

magnadearel

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:05 pm
"There isn't much you need to worry about, though they have a class system that you should be mindful of. You're of noble birth, though, so they will respect that," Biti said thoughtfully, "And the lions here have two names, the proper way to address them would not be by the names you would find familiar. The lion known as Alizeti in the Mwezi'Johari is known as Zhong Wailai in the Tianxia, it would be polite to address him as Wailai."

He hesitated, but then carried on quickly.

"Fuu's proper name is Zhong Chao. And when he and Selene visited for the wedding of the Lord and Lady, she took the name Zhong Tiao."

magnadearel
I suppose we could trail off any time x3 Meshach can just go quiet when he's done asking questions <33

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:08 pm
Ecavi
Fin.

He would have the bird coach him in the finer details as they traveled. He mused quietly on what Biti had already said. Two names that had no relation to the names he was familiar with. Well that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Meshach doubted he knew anyone there well.

The scent of water caught his attention. It was time for a bit of a rest. Maybe hunt and get water. He gave the call to let the lionesses know they were stopping. "We'll take a break here Biti then continue on."

magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage II [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff