Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Welcome to Rosemary's Life!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RosemaryTeatree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:59 pm
Hello fellow RPers! My (online) name is Rosemary Teatree, but I'm also known as Bloody_snow on some games and sites. I highly doubt anyone knows me from the past (I don't even remember what my old name was on Gaia) but I came back for a plethora of reasons. Said reasons include but are not limited to:

✑ Blast from the past: I started on Gaia way back in the day, I was probably ten or eleven. Euphoria? Yes!

✒I've been roleplaying for years, but I really got into roleplay when I joined Gaia (the first time). I've never found a site that has as many players as this one (I tried My Candy Love recently for their forums: still not as good as Gaia). Only issue? I was gone so long that I don't know what my old account was! But I honestly don't mind because it's nice to have a fresh start.

✑When I was a part of SDRP, I was more inspired to improve my writing. Part (if not most) of my writing skills, from middle school til now, have been improved by using roleplay through various forms. I kid you not, RP has been the sole reason I started acing my English classes.

✒It's something to do.

gaia_angelleft gaia_crown gaia_angelright

Fun facts about me: I like making characters and designing rp's in detail. If you ever want help planing something, I'd be more than happy to help (so long as mechs and heavy scifi aren't involved)!

I'm an artist: I like to draw using traditional mediums (ie on paper using pencils, pens, markers, etc.), but I WILL draw in digital media if needed. I'm a big fan of using markers though. You can find most of my "recent" work here.

Example of art: Imagination
User Image

Most of my art if furry art because I'm a furry. No, I'm not the ones that you see on the news or hear about on the whats-her-name Banks show. I simply like cartoon animals that act human, talk, etc. I am against distasteful "art," and anyone who requests art of that nature will be denied and reported. I have no problem doing requests for people in manga/anime style, chibi, furry, etc. but please accept that I have the right to deny requests.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I like talking heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:40 pm
RosemaryTeatree

Hi and welcome! biggrin

I totally know what you mean about RP'ing contributing to better writting; it's helped me a lot, but I still strive for improvement. 3nodding

And, hey an artist! We've got a snazzy art contest going on, so please take a gander. We'd love to see your work! biggrin  

Thornwick

Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

21,050 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Hiacinth
Crew

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:05 pm
RosemaryTeatree

Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm a furry too! cat_biggrin and I'm working on my art skills >.> I'm new to RP, so I'll probably definitely come by you for help at some point cat_sweatdrop Welcome!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:20 am
Hiacinth

I'm totally open to PM's if you want to do one on one casual for practice. I'm not an official tutor or anything though, and I DO encourage you check out the academy if that's anything you're into. On a side note:

I've met many furries who are great at text based roleplay! They just have a tendency to go and ruin it by adding "unnecessary events" into the mix. It's such a shame -insert giant sad face here-  

RosemaryTeatree

Hiacinth
Crew

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:12 pm
RosemaryTeatree
Hiacinth

I'm totally open to PM's if you want to do one on one casual for practice. I'm not an official tutor or anything though, and I DO encourage you check out the academy if that's anything you're into. On a side note:

I've met many furries who are great at text based roleplay! They just have a tendency to go and ruin it by adding "unnecessary events" into the mix. It's such a shame -insert giant sad face here-

Actually, I am in a class in the Academy, it just is slow at the moment so I haven't learned too much yet. I believe it will be starting up again soon. Casual practice sounds really good, thanks!

I haven't met many furries at all and I've only ever rp'd furry stuff with one friend, and he isn't even a furry! "unnecessary events" cat_question OOOOH, I get it! cat_surprised cat_redface  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:28 am
Hiacinth

Yeah. A lot of people are really into that: I find it mildly offensive though. There's many creative ways to express your character's passion for a subject or being other than "Hur-durr... hormones." Glad to hear you're enjoying the academy though!  

RosemaryTeatree

RosemaryTeatree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 pm
Project

Type: One on One Roleplay
In-Forum (SDRP 1x1)
Theme: Furry;Semi-realistic;Slice-of-life
Setting: TBD
Post-Style: TBD

Characters:
Rosemary Teatree: Maroo Aimee (ma-roo ay-me)
Maroo is an anthropomorphic red panda whose color has been "desaturated" for lack of better term. She has been blind since birth, and thus her eyes match her gray-scale coloration well; especially when considering they've since "frosted over." Her hair is kept very short, and is more often than not a curly mess (very easy to maintain). Ms. Aimee is very sensitive to sound, and having grown up in the country-side: city living is hard for her to get used to. The constant bustle and buzz has lead to a variety of minor health issues (mostly headaches and occasional insomnia), but this hasn't stopped her from her passions (to be revealed later).

What is Maroo's reason for moving to the city, you might ask? Simple: Due to the recent complications with the job market and economy, the cost of living has gone way up. This has made it increasingly hard for her parents to support her, so (in an attempt to act like she can care for herself) she moved to (TBD SETTING) to work at her aunt's restaurant. Right now, however, she's doing poorly. The only job available was evening cleaning, and Ms. Aimee works alone none the less, getting paid minimum wage.

Maroo is blind, but she can "see" vague shapes (mostly shadows and blobs) and occasionally small bursts of color (they need to be large masses of one color). Because of this, her ability to get around is based on familiar sounds, smells, and occasional sights (she can tell the difference between a red building, a green building, and a blue building). Her current home is only a few blocks down the street, making it easy for her to get to and from work, but aside from that her food comes from work. She cannot gather the courage to get to a store, or ask for help in getting to one.

TBA  
13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games