Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] LEAP FROG (Bastion and Lan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:51 pm
You know who was in the tower? Lan was in the tower. You know what she was doing in the tower? Not being a noble.
You know what else she was doing. Being a statue.
Doing statue things.

Like check out all the choice butts coming in and out of the tower like woahhhhh son.

If Lan had to write down one perk of her new position it was that it involved less paperwork. Far less at that. Her days spent guarding, sparring, and maybe going out to harvest FEAR were rather plain but they were good. She had a routine, she was able to go scare and kill a few humans and not get told to worry about blood on her dresses- that was a downside, no more dresses.

Without her dresses she felt so drab and dull and even with fine soldier uniforms she just- well. It was a very large shift from wearing the finest to wearing the fitted uniform look that she'd never had to wear. Tiny removal of choice replaced with the regime of similarity.

Standing outside the stairs that circled the tower, Lan looked up. She'd not admit the second bonus to her new rank.
She could stare at people all day and no one could tell her to stop.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:18 am
Bastion had just returned from a fruitful session of haggling and bargaining for the sapphires he needed for his latest piece. He was talking to himself, commending himself on a job well done and planning the cuts out loud, when he nodded at the Conquest soldier standing guard outside of the tower, and immediately headed inside.

Then he realized that he'd recognized that soldier, and he paused in his step, trying to resolve the differences between his memory, and what he'd seen.

That had been the Lady Lan. Certainly it had. And yet.

He moved backwards, until he could see her again, and his mouth opened in surprise.

"My lady," He bowed low, his arm flourishing traditionally. "A thousand apologies. I did not realize that was you." It was a new look for Lan, he realized. A new life for many.

istoleyurvamps

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:04 pm
Lan hadn't paid Bastion any mind. He was just another horseman, just another face coming in to do his work. That all changed when he walked back and addressed her. She half wanted to slap him, feeling, (rather childishly), that he was judging her and locking her new position and rank. Her other half, the more in control half, held back and remembered Bastion was about as malicious as a small scareon that was high on catnip.

"Bastion." She said, trying to swallow down her embarrassment. From riches to rags- and the added humiliation of gold kingdom. "It is alright, I made a point not to boast of my new... station as you might have guessed." She quickly wanted to just avoid the topic. "What have you been up to? Anything in death that is of interest?"

nio love

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:58 pm
If Bastion had even the slightest idea about how Lan felt concerning his greeting, he would have shriveled up and died on the spot. It was far more difficult for him to judge anyone else - especially not his friends from the clan of Conquest - than it was to judge himself. Being that he wore nothing but the lower half of a humble garb, and a thin, fraying vest, scorched with marks of use too close to the forge. He nodded fervently, all too understanding of the idea of keeping changes quiet. "Of course, I would never consider your boastful, my lady. But this is quite a new look for you, and a new position as well. I can only imagine that your life was looking for a change, and this is quite an exciting one I must say. You look majestic, and stoic! It's a good look for you. Very good!"

He grinned; clearly overflowing with genuine appreciation. "Our new home has been just fantastic, thank you for asking! I haven't had a real forge to work with since our home on the isles. Honestly, I haven't eaten in two days, and I hardly sleep - I'm just so excited to get back to work! Real work!"

istoleyurvamps

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:12 pm
One good thing about Bastion, Lan remembered, (aside from the fact she'd never had to pat his but more than that one time in another world that technically didn't exist), was he was not one to make waves. Rather, he was the one to get carried by the tide or just attempted to stay with the flow. Shuffling to stand a bit more upright, Lan tried her best at least to look her best, soldier or no. "I will admit, not having to wear my gowns all the time is nice. But I miss being able to wear them as I pleased. Gowns just have little place on a battle field."

She summoned her bow, using it to lean just a bit. "I am glad to hear you are enjoying the tower. I is just what out people needed. A home. A REAL home." The fact she could say so with confidence was like a breath of fresh air. "Real work- That reminds me... you're a jeweler are you not?" She smiled at him. "You need to eat and rest so you can focus. I can hardly patron a crafter who can't even see when his own body is wasting into nothing you know."
nio love

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:15 am
Bastion's comical expression quirked with confusion. "Surely there is time to wear your gowns when you are not working here, protecting our new home, hmm?" He couldn't imagine a reason why Lan couldn't be comfortable in her pretty gowns when she was relaxing in her new abode. Then again, he hadn't relaxed since he'd gotten there, so her life might have been as busy. He smiled with understanding, and patted her gently on the shoulder. "But of course, you will have time soon enough. Time will eventually provide us with a more stable schedule than we start with here." He'd just assumed he would find the time to eat, or sleep, when he was done with one project - until another stole his attention.

"Ah, I am shamed by my failure to take care of myself. Please, my lady Lan, forgive this shameful waste of a horseman. I will return upstairs immediately to tend to my health needs, eat a warm meal, sleep, ah, perhaps right after I cut these diamonds I have just acquired from the market, such a fine price I found for them.."

He'd been on the right track, but at the end he started to drift, distracted by the idea of creating once more.

istoleyurvamps

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:03 pm
Bastion…. Lan stared at him, silent, expression as mute as her words. Her mind was trying to wrap around the concept of ‘not working’ or the idea she wasn’t always on duty. She’d taken a role and that role was not one she could just take breaks from. She had to be ready at a moments notice and sure she could technically wear a gown but who just wore a gown up on the front lines unless it was to dazzle and make the enemy wallow in their horrible taste in clothing and there abysmal appearance and how in death they would be even more ugly and gross than they could be had they worn something fabulous.
She would take the risks on occasion, but not all the time. Plus when she could be called to take shifts so close to each other that bt the time she looked nice she’d hardly have time to enjoy it? Why bother with that much work for something so brief.

Lan had a lot of hypocritical and weird views on gowns and had dwelt too long on them already.

“I.. yes. Maybe. Soon. Hopefully.” She slumped, leaning more on her bow. She did miss the freedom to dress as she liked.
Looking to Bastion however she reached over to pinch his arm. “Do not speak in that manner Bastion of Death.” She chided. “No horsemen is a waste of FEAR. Perhaps a bit in need of direction or a push but never a waste.” Shaking her head she went on. “You must put aside you work until you have regained your peak form. Aside from the fact I know a mare who would be quite sad if you faded- I expect only the best craftsmen to have been in Eldric." She paused. "That is, from the forges of death."

Nio Love

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:16 pm
Was he making Lan uncomfortable? His distant stare focused harder on her expressions, and the subtle ways they changed as she struggled with her thoughts. His skin darkened with embarrassment, as he grasped wildly in his own mind to try and figure out what he might have been doing, or saying, to put her out of ease.

And all at once, Lan pinched his arm, teasing him for speaking ill of himself. It meant that she wasn't uncomfortable, at least - and his face lit up brightly, beaming at her with pride. "You think too highly of this wretch, my lady! But I will accept your words, as I would never think to do otherwise. I must concede that I will do better. My first goal will be to, ah, I suppose, find some food."

He was going to say make some food, until he realized that another thing he'd forgotten to do is actually acquire the means necessary to have anything to make. His house mate, Lushka, had not come to fill their drawers with food just yet either - and that meant that Bastion's only sustenance within his living quarters was chips of gems, wood, and steel. A dangerous diet indeed.

"Ah, if only I'd seen you before I left for the bazaar today. What a pity, I come back filled with only rocks to play with, and nothing in my belly or in my stores." His head dropped. "Truly I am a wretch."

The mention of a mare made his brows furrow for a moment, as he considered who she might be speaking of. The briefest of moments passed where his heart fluttered at the thought of one, but it was quickly squashed by reality. "Ah, you mean my cousin, of course. I agree, she would be upset - I shall find her and request that she spare me a meal today, to give me the time to fill my house with food soon enough."

She had to have meant Nergui. No other mare gave two gold coins about his well being, anymore.

istoleyurvamps

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:03 pm
Lan made a sound at him. 'Pish' but drawn out as she waved his words away. "Do not call yourself a wretch in my presence. I would not associate myself with you if such things were true." Sighing as he spoke of his lack of food Lan wasn't sure why she bothered. Or cared. Sentimentality for gold she supposed.

"And I do not speak of your cousin." She blinked. Bastion really- Lan hadn't even been blind in gold- unless that really had been nothing but another world's actions. She had kissed a...augh. Blanking that memory out.

"Really- if you lack you should say so- I am sure you have those who might support and aid you."

Nio Love

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:01 am
If not Nergui, then-? Bastion didn't want to accept that Lan was making a reference to Mjoll, but it was becoming clearer that the intent was just so, and he decided he wanted to move away from the subject as quickly as possible.

"I apologize, of course, of course. My family and friends are supportive as they can be. And you, perhaps! I do consider you a friend in turn, my lady. I hope you know that." He smiled a small, gentle smile. "But now I should perhaps head to do exactly what you have advised me to do, and head back up to the top to take care of myself." He held out his hand for hers, and bowed his head meekly. If she gave her hand to him in the traditional manner, he was quick to take it up and kiss the back of it. If she did not, he would not react in offense, and deepen his bow to something more flourished.

"Until I am blessed with your presence again, my fair lady."

istoleyurvamps

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash