[PRP/ORP] Dancing through the land.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:31 pm
((This is an RP open to any member of the I/T pack Saba'Nyumba, either family before the pack is established, or a meet and greet with others that have been bought back from pilgrimage to the forest. ))

Ena was a little restless. She kicked up her feathers that were laced gently around her ankles and took off gracefully across the land. Each pawstep seemed oddly rehearsed, and as she turned it became more obvious that the wild dog was not just walking, but dancing - of sorts.

A graceful creature from birth, she was half white and half cream, the colours intertwining across her pelt. Strikingly, her eyes were different hues too, and she shared this trait with a few of her siblings.

Her siblings had been a great source of comfort for her since she was young. Their mother, whilst not being neglectful, had not been particularly attentive and thus they had stuck together in the clearing.

They were all very different characters, and had different interests. Whilst she found them to be close, they all longed for others to share their interests and spend time with.

Sometimes she wondered what would happen in the grand scheme of things, but she guessed this was pre-determined. There was a way of things happening that nobody could really control.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm
((Let me know if posting isn't open yet and I'll remove this!))
Zdenko had returned from the forest on his first mission to recruit others.

He long knew that his talent lay not in fighting or medicine. His efforts were more aimed towards creativity. He also had the feeling buried inside that there were others like he, who weaved trinkets, carved portraits and took otherwise useless objects and made them beautiful. Setting out to the forest was the first step he had taken in order to go and find others who no doubt shared interests in his trade.

"Good Morning!" He called to Ena as he watched her dancing from afar. Finding his way out of the forest had been another story. Zdenko was the forgetful sort and had remembered to tell others where to find the clearing but he himself had forgotten the directions by the time he wanted to find his way back.

Thankfully it hadn't been that difficult to find, and he had managed to return home over the course of one night.

"How goes it today? You seem to be in good spirits!" He continued calling out to his sister.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:27 pm
She was halfway through her graceful "routine" when she noticed one of her siblings, a brother - Zdenko.

She stopped mid movement and gave him a wide smile. Her bi-coloured eyes looked over him for a moment. Instead of being adorned with swirls, he was a brilliant white with dark blotches dotted over him.

He had always been creative and a little forgetful but Ena found these to be endearing traits, and she had often remarked on how wonderful his creations were.

"Yes, it would seem so." She had a calm and almost melodic voice. "It seems as if we are destined for something a little greater than this life, brother. How is it going?" The pale female leaned forward to touch him on the shoulder gently with her head.

Ena was a spiritual wild dog, and was always thinking above and beyond the here and now, it was a trait that she supposed others harnessed too, perhaps her siblings.

CaliWolfe
No that's fine <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:02 am
Kancane moved slowly, his pace gentle and oh so lesuirely, not only out of a simple desire to be at ease today, but also because he feared that the mushroom he had eaten earlier had not all-together agreed with him. Hmmm, he wasn't sure that colours were supposed to burn that much, he mused to himself as he blinked in the sunshine around him.

He was rather distracted, but a familiar sound reached his ears and he turned his gaze away from the bright sunlight towards the voice. It was his siblings, well some of them at least. He smiled to himself. He had found himself at odds with some of them, not because of a lack of love but purely because, despite their similar lineage, their lives had branched out into such different areas. He cared for them all dearly though, and he turned his slow pace towards them.

"Hello Ena, Zdenko!" He said, his voice not loud but carrying in the breeze thankfully. Despite the distance between them, he didn't rush to meet them, but kept his steady pace.

"How glorious is today?"

Zosie
Sorry for the late response to this!

CaliWolfe

Velveteen Angel

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:30 am
And after Zdenko had appeared Kancane - slow in his movement and very laid back. She admired him moving towards them with a smile. He was graceful without trying to be, she supposed. His naturally slower pace meant he did look rather gentle as he moved. It was a quality she hoped she could possess in her movement too, and use in her dancing.

She chose less spiritual language to greet her other brother. Looking from one to the other she walked to meet Kancane, keeping one odd-coloured eye on Zdenko. Ena hoped to lead her brother the few steps towards Zdenko so perhaps they could discuss their progress.

"Have you found anyone else?" Her eyes widened, she was desperate to know if there were others that felt similar about the world and it's various callings.

CaliWolfe

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:36 am
"Ah! Yes, I have." Zdenko said proudly. He strolled closer to his siblings so as to cut the distance between them. It was easier to speak when closer together after all.

"They should be coming." He looked over to the forest, watching it as if expecting others who shared his interests to come marching out in a line. However even after lifting himself a little into the air to stare over his brother's head he failed to see another wild dog yet. "Hmm." He sat back down to look at siblings again with his emerald green eyes.

"How about you two? Have you been successful?"

Velveteen Angel

Zosie

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:57 pm
Ena looked excitedly from one brother to the other and nodded her head. It was wonderful how everything seemed to be coming together for them. She knew that establishing a pack meant there could be bumps in the road, or obstacles that were not yet revealed, but she was ready. Ena knew that they would be lead where they needed to be, and the home they had chosen to establish in was plentiful. A clearing surrounded by a thick bush of trees, a river, and a cliff face to the further east.

She cast her eyes over the trees hoping for movement too, but didn't find any yet. Looking to Zdenko happily she chirped, "Don't worry, I'm sure they will be here soon."

The wild dog shook her head. "I have not found anyone yet, but I know I will, I can feel it!..." She trailed off for a moment.

"What do you think we should do after we've found others? Establish ranks, perhaps?" They had already established the profession of each group, but Ena wanted to fine tune some of the details.

Velveteen Angel

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Kancane was about 99% certain that his sister did not have purple hair, so he was certain that it was to do with the mushroom he had ingested. How odd. He would have to make note of that, perhaps it would be useful as a pain killer? It might make the person paranoid though.

He shook his head, refocusing on his siblings. He blinked, and took a few moments to speak. "I have found some, but not many. They are out there though," he mused quietly. He was certain that there would be interest in their pack, but first they had to find the right people.

"Ranks would be useful," he murmured quietly, shifting on his paws before sitting on his rump in a graceful movement. "Establish a hierarchy. Or a semi-structure." He didn't want the pack to be all rules and regulations, but he supposed that they needed a leader, or leaders, or things might be chaos.

He blinked, and was pleased to discover that Ena's purple hair was gone now, and was replaced with a simple blurring of his vision. "Don't eat black mushrooms," he mused.

Zosie

CaliWolfe

Velveteen Angel

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:35 am
Quote:
(( A little late to the party. xD ))

Taking deliberate strides, Yara walked slowly, her bi colored eyes staring intensely forward. Every now and then she'd let them slide to the side, making sure that her new companion was still with her. It was an odd pairing, the two female wild dogs; Yara, ever the serious and decisive female, never really felt the need for pointless conversation, and her companion, Parvati, was too timid to try and start anything.

Yara had stumbled upon Parvati taking shelter in a bush, and she couldn't just leave her there. After a bit of conversing, Yara found that Parvati would be well suited to her endeavors - though she knew that Parvati was more like her brother, Kancane.

"It should be just up ahead." Yara paused, looking back at the light brown female. Her eyes were light and so pure - they were so different from her own. Returning to their path, Yara could faintly see figures up ahead, and assumed they belonged to her siblings and whatever others had followed them. She didn't call out, and maintained her slowed pace.

Padding along beside her new companion, Parvati kept glancing nervously at the quiet female. She was intimidating, yes, but Parvati knew she had a kind heart. After all, she didn't just abandon Parvati after she found her curled up in the brush. It had been rough-going ever since her second pack had disbanded, and Parvati was sadly lacking many of the skills that made successful loners. While she looked just like her mother, she had always lacked her assertiveness, hunting skills, cunning - just about every skill that made her mother a good leader had evaded Parvati.

She was grateful for Yara's intervention, and even happier when she had told her about her siblings. Parvati knew that she didn't really share the same qualities as Yara, but their differences had formed a nice balance, which she knew her other siblings would offer as well.

Realizing Yara had come to a stop, Parvati quickly brought her gaze up, looking a little bewildered. Yara hadn't spoken since they left their last resting spot this morning, so it took Parvati a bit by surprise.

"Oh, okay. Great!" Flashing a small smile, Parvati was still a little unsure about how to act around her; she didn't really show emotion, and Parvati couldn't read Yara all that well. That's also why she didn't quicken her pace at the sight of others - as long as she was with Yara, she didn't want to mess anything up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:22 pm
Ena looked at her brother, eyebrows furrowing. He did seem to be acting a little strange. Black mushrooms, that would explain a lot! She let out a giggle but still looked at him kindly. "Kancane, are you going to be okay?"

"A structure is good, being as we all have different ideas and paths in life, perhaps we should create seven options, and thus new joiners can pick a house, but we all work together?" She pitched the idea rather lamely, but still looked to her siblings for a response.

When she finished talking, she noticed two figures approaching the clearing. One was her sister, and she had a newcomer with her too! She barked happily as they drew closer. "Hello!" She greeted her sister fondly before looking to Parvati. "Welcome."

((I need to finish this in two days so it will be eligible for application c: So I will make a finishing post on the 12th. ))

Velveteen Angel

CaliWolfe

Polette

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:23 am
"Black mushrooms?" Zdenko was certainly not thinking of eating them but he wondered if crushed what color of paste the mushrooms would make. Would it be sticky enough to act as glue? Or maybe an interesting color to act as paint?

His thoughts on mushrooms were quick to flee however as he paid more attention to Ena's idea. "That's a good idea." Zdenko nodded towards his sister. "Ah but perhaps each house should need an item to tell each other apart? My house could make them." That was a thought he could agree with easily. It would keep him and his fellow artists busy as they crafted new items each and every day. It would also provide him an artistic challenge of sorts to come up with seven unique accessories for each house.

It was clear to see at this point Zdenko was no longer listening to whatever was being said. He was lost in his own creative thoughts and only maybe a loud noise of some sort would be enough to distract him from thinking about art and the seven houses items he had taken upon himself to make...

Zosie

Polette

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:44 pm

As she neared, Yara's eyes moved to her sister, who had called out to them. She dipped her head, giving a rare and small smile. "Ena." Looking around, she saw two of her brothers as well, giving them similar greetings. "Are we late? I must apologize if so, I never stressed a timetable." Her normal serious expression returned, though her thoughts were a little less so; though ever the leader and protector, Yara didn't entirely have a mind for political discussions, which is what she knew this would be. She could do strategy exceedingly well, but she always got so bored of the tedious structures in daily life. She knew, though, that her siblings were very capable of sorting all of that out.

"This is Parvati." Motioning for her companion to come forward and be introduced, Yara wanted to get this out of the way as soon as possible. "I came across her and told her of our ideas, and she was very interested. I feel that she is a better fit for Kancane's care, though." Not to say that Yara didn't want to continue watching over Parvati, but she wanted her to be with someone who was a bit more like her than the stoic pale female.

Parvati slowed slightly as they came up to the group. Looking at them all, she was visibly the outsider, and she couldn't help but be nervous. She watched Yara carefully, trying to catch names and formalities associated with them, but Parvati noticed that Yara's siblings were quite...unlike her. Now things were beginning to make more sense, at least in regards to the whole pack idea.

"Oh! Yes, it's very nice to meet you all." She waited for her cue, dipping her head slightly as her soft voice rang out. She glanced around for the one Yara had mentioned - Kancane - but didn't let her eyes linger on him too long. "I'm quite grateful that you've allowed me to come here and join you all."

Zosie

CaliWolfe

Velveteen Angel

Polette
Crew

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm
"That's a wonderful idea, Zdenko!" Ena smiled widely at her brother. It would be a good idea indeed to have them create their items, and it would keep the house busy.

She listened intently to what Yara had to say and nodded happily. It was nice that they were ushering others into houses that better suited them, it showed they cared more about the creatures individual passion than the need to boost their "own" numbers.

"Hey Parvati!" She offered a friendly greeting to the new female. It was astonishing to see their numbers grow and it was a very welcome thing.

---

The siblings spoke long about their ideas for the pack, and after a while they settled on a few. It would inevitably take some time to establish solid rules and structure, but at the moment they were content with how things were, and where they were headed.

((Finish! OOCly we can assume they agreed upon the things set out in the pack I/T. If you have any other ideas however, please message me. ))

[IC] Saba'Nyumba Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games