Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:17 am
User Image

Marakaka'yai loved birds, it was no secret, and something that definitely set him apart from a large number of felines. He would often be considered quite odd, but that was just the way he was.

His mother had even named him after an egg that he'd found. Bluey-green and speckled with browns, she had remarked how similar his pelt was too it, and as a cub young Maraka took in the egg and tended to it with all his heart.

It had never hatched, unfortunately, but he never forgot the love it gave him to tend to it. He had seen lions paired with birds before, and often wished he would find such a friend.

They had such freedom. There was so much freedom in a pair of wings, and they came in such beautiful colours too.

The male trotted along through the grasses gently, his eyes flickering to and from a few lone trees in search of a feathered friend to admire.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:18 pm
Zohwhee

User Image

Arazi didn't leave the Jahy often, not wanting to leave Bozkir alone for a long time. She was fond of the sand colored lion that had a quirky smile and a charming laugh. He was a serious one, though, and she couldn't get him to laugh often.

Still, the hawk needed to fly. She had a strong urge to just allow her wings to take her as far as they could. She flew past the sandy dunes of the pride and into a land where there was mostly trees and grass.

It was an odd sort of place, especially for one that was born in the harsh desert conditions.

It was almost too cold.

It took until her wings began to ache and burn that she fluttered down to the ground. She stretched her aching wings a few times before tucking them against her sides.

One thing she noted that it was easier to walk along the grassy ground than it was along ever-shifting sand.

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:00 pm
His attention was directed not to the treetops, but to the movement on the green grass below him. Something had fluttered down from the skies and he gave a brief smile. It certainly wasn't unusual to see avians around most of the time, and bird watching gave him a certain sense of calm and happiness.

There was something just so beautiful about their wings. He walked gently up to the bird who was oddly walking - perhaps it's wings were tired.

"Tiring flight?" He asked casually.

A lion striking up a conversation with a bird, not something you'd see every day, that's for sure.

Seaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:24 pm
Arazi stretched her wings once again, arching them up before folding them again. She was somewhat started that the Lion would come speak with her specifically, but she was used to lions enough not to be frightened by them.

"I flew quite far today, yes," she told him. "All the way from the desert, in fact." It was a long way from this plush land of green and trees, and she was quite wary of the trees, used to perching in the nest of Bozkir's mane.

She fluttered her wings again, debating if she could just fly up and perch on the oddly colored male. "You are from here, then? Or do you travel as well?"

Zohwhee

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:34 pm
Maraka' blinked down at the bird with curiousity, but it was clear that he was listening intently. Some birds would indeed be frightened or choose to fly away, but this one was different. Perhaps he was used to lions.

The desert? Maraka' had heard of it but not been, though he'd wanted to. He supposed it would be a very long trek indeed and his legs might not last. Though he was a traveler as most rogues were, he was not built for long journeys. If he was a bird he could fly, but sadly, he was not.

"I travel too. Tell me, what is it like in the desert?" The quirky lion asked. He shuffled closer to the bird and put down his shoulder casually as if to suggest the bird could perch on him if he was tired.

He didn't make it too obvious as to be blatantly forward, but it was still noticeable.

Seaki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 pm
It's very farm from this place," she told him, seeing his offered shoulder. She hoped she wasn't presuming too much, but it was a motion she was familiar with, having seen Bozkir do it often. She fluttered her tired wings, taking care not to pierce the lion with her sharp talons.

The avian took a moment to re-arrange some of the fur in the lion's mane before continuing. "It's a dangerous place. The sand shifts constantly, and barely any place to rest," she informed.

"Most of the avians where I am from, we flock to the lions of a pride there. They offer us safety and rest, for our aid in hunting and scouting," she told him.

She huffed. "The air is dry and water is rare, but it is home."

Zosie

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:11 pm
Maraka blinked, deep in thought as he wondered what the desert was really like. Sure, others could describe it, but until you were really there it was hard to gauge what exactly it felt like.

"It sounds very different to all the places I have been, I must admit. A place without rest sounds scary enough! It still sounds exciting though. I wish I had wings sometimes, it seems like I could see so much more." He nodded but made sure he didn't do it too vigorously that the avian on his shoulder was disturbed.

The bird felt very gentle on his shoulder and he smiled. "Which way would you like to walk, where were you headed?" He asked considerately.

Seaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:55 am
Arazi gave a pleased chirp. "No place in particular!" She told the kind lion - she was quite pleased by this lion. If she could stay with him, she would, but her fondness for Bozkir trumped all. She'd perhaps still be able to visit him in the future.

"Perhaps you could go to the desert. But not too far in! Even Desert Lions can perish if they're not careful," She told him. "It can be a nice place, if you're close to an oasis though. There's water and food aplenty, though it takes a lot to defend them," and the Burkeshi, sadly, were the stronger group. Their group had their oases but the Burkeshi had more, and Arazi found it frustrating.

"What's an interesting place? I'd like to see that!" She told the lion. "I could not dream of being confined to the ground as lions are."

Zosie

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out