Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]
[LOG] Butterfly Goodbyes (Xabryel x Jito)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 pm
User ImagePainted Moose
Traversing the Ocean side area was a trick. He’d never planned on getting caught, but the last time he had tried to come back to the area he’d been spotted by a few lions who hadn’t been so happy with him. Xabryel didn’t want that to happen again, but he was still in the area, and there was still a female he wanted to talk to.

So, moving through the brush, he peeped his head out like a secret bird, unaware of his how bright the mane actually was. When he didn’t see anything, Xabryel merely moved to a warmer patch of sunny ground, and curled up, head on his paws. Where was she?

Seaki
Nawiri hadn't much been outside of the pride's lands for a few days. It hadn't been terribly cold, but it was cloudy and a storm waas threatening to come through. However, it was patchy and sun shone through in warm patches all throughout the lands.

But still, she wondered. What ever happened to that happy lion? Maybe he was still in the area? It would be nice to talk with him again, she thought.

So she made her way out of the pride's lands, trying to hide her limp, though it was still somewhat noticeable. It didn't take her long to find a bright shock of purple and she recognized the owner of it instantly.

She made her way towards the male, wondering if she could sneak up on him.

Painted Moose
Xabryel lolled his head to the side, huffing into the moist ground near his paws. He'd never been in an area that rained as much as it did here, and his paws were suffering for it. They were sore, tired, and achy; something he'd never felt much of before, which made for a whiny male. His father had begun to ask questions, however, which made him even more pensive than the weather. Where had he been? Where was he going? Why didn't he want the family to move, even though they'd been in the area long enough already? Ugh, so many questions! He was so deep in thought he never noticed Nawiri's approach.

User ImageSeaki
Nawiri snuck up as close as she could, before asking "What're you doing?" loudly, hoping to scare him a little. It was probably a tad bit mean, but it was just a cubs prank really. Hopefully he wouldn't take offense. They hadn't even exchanged names last time!

Painted Moose
Xabryel shrieked and jumped up a little, scooting over to the side with his eyes as wide as the moon itself. When he saw her he couldn't really keep his breath, but then a little laugh came out, and a nervous grin. "Jeez, way to put grey in my mane!" Sitting up, he ran a paw through his hair and exhaled. "That was a good one though! But, to answer your question, you saw what I was doing. Just kind of...waiting around..." To chat with her, but he couldn't say that!

Seaki
Nawiri had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing. Of course, she failed and giggled burst through. "Sorry, sorry!" She apologized. "Just waiting around? For what?" Not the rain, surely! He looked kind or soaked through as it is. She had stayed in her den through the worst of it, curled up with some really nice furs.

She settled and sat near the male as soon as her giggles stopped.

Painted Moose
He screwed his nose up in a mock pout, but that lasted about as much as his resolve not to laugh. "Oh, yeah, uh huh!" Xabryel chuckled. He gave her a good natured nudge between friends and sat closer, both for her warmth and his own. As much as Xabryel knew his body heat did good for her shoulder, the warmth she provided was helping out with his damp fur. "Well...would it be creepy if I said I was waiting for you? I didn't know if you'd be coming back out this way or not, but I thought...well, I never really got your name."

Seaki
"Not at all!" She told him. After all, she had come out here looking for him! Or at least to see if he was there. That wasn't too odd. Well, in her pride, it was kind of strange! But she wasn't particularly worried.

"My name's Nawiri Jito," she shrugged. A particularly odd name, she thought. Didn't really sound like she was born of the storm - more like a drizzle, maybe? "What about you?"

Painted Moose
"Nawiri Jito", he murmured, keeping the name to memory. "It's cute; got a nice ring to it." The way he said it was light hearted and happy. Xabryel sat a little straighter, and spoke, "My name's Xabryel". It was odd, since his grandfather had bene the one to give him the name, when his own father had been to busy trying to molify his mate after going out on her. He knew the tale, and didn't mind, since said mate had ended up raising him, anyway. "Does it always rain this much here? I swear, I don't think I've ever been this cold."

Seaki
"Xabryel then. It's nice to meet you." She flushed a little at his praise of her name. In her pride she was sometimes looked at oddly. She was named after one of her ancestors, however, so it was traditional in that sense at least!

"It does, actually. It rains quite often and it's a cold rain most of the time, since the wind that blows in from the ocean is cold."

Painted Moose
Xabryel puffed up a little air onto his bangs, and turned his eyes for a moment after seeing her flush. He looked back, away, and back again to grin like a complete fool. "I don't know how you stand it. You're a lot tougher than I am, to be able to put up with it for so long! All it makes me want to do is curl up somewhere warm and sleep."

Seaki
"I'm used to it a bit. The ocean's nice, and I have a nice dry spot to sleep in." Though sometimes, when it was really hot out, she would stand in the rain by the rocks until she was chilled to the bone and could barely walk back to her den. "You get used to it. I've been here since I was a cub, after all."

Painted Moose
"That doesn't sound so bad, but....I don't know, it still sounds really odd to me." He guessed it just meant he wouldn't be living in this area for the rest of his life. It wasn't as if he didn't think it was interesting, but this weather...yuck! "Whats your pride like? I mean, what's so interesting about it that it would keep someone around even through all of this rain?"

Seaki
"They're a tough group," She told him, kind of nervously. Maybe their reputation didn't precede them and the male wouldn't be scared off by them yet. Their name had not rung a bell after all. "That's what we are tho - Storm Born, it's our home, and the storms are Raiden's and Nix'Annada's ways of telling us they approve... or disapprove." She shrugged. It was just their way...

Painted Moose
Xabryel nodded. He could assume they were pretty tough, just by watching her. Even though she had a gimp she still came out here, in this weather, and that said a lot. "Storm Born...Storm Born...Yeah, that sounds about right." He was blowing smoke out of his a** and he knew it. Xabryel had as much knowledge of outside prides as most cubs did of political affairs. "I can respect the lifestyle, though, even if I don't truly understand it myself. It's pretty neat, from an outside perspective."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Seaki
Nawiri beamed a little, glad he didn't know that the pride sought to steal and fight and kill most of the time and that was sadly part of her dream. She was a little ashamed, though she did not know why. Perhaps that was why she had an injured shoulder. The gods knew she would be ashamed and punished her for the misdeed earlier. She would try to do better, she thought. "Thanks, I think," she laughed a little, thoughts heavy in her mind. Her children, if she had any, would be raised better, she vowed.

Painted Moose
Sometimes Xabryel could seem slightly more composed than his years. He reached out to punch her side; a light, friendly tap that came with a smile. “It’s a good thing, trust me.” Sometimes he wondered what it would be like if he joined it with her, but his place was with his family. There were so very little actual warriors in their clan, and with so many young being born...he couldn’t afford to leave them, no matter where his heart pulled.

“When I leave...do you think I could visit you again someday?”

Seaki
She gave a small laugh, “If you say so,” she was comfortable with him - he seemed friendly and she didn’t have to put up a stern front around him to not appear weak. It was nice, but she knew it was a thing that could not last.

“Maybe, perhaps if you get stronger and can muscle your way into the pride,” She shook her head. She wasn’t sure if she would leave it again - or even know if he was there. It would be difficult for them to see each other again, if ever.

Painted Moose
He laughed and shrugged his shoulders. “Who knows? Maybe someday.” He didn’t want to mention that he was already stronger than most lions he fought with. The fights he’d been involved with, the lions he had taken down...all issues of the workplace environment that he didn’t want to focus on around company. Nawiri was nice to him, so he wouldn’t change her opinion of him.

“In the mean time try not to work too hard. Take a few moments to just relax in the rain, alright?” Xabryel started to walk away, paused, and looked over his shoulder with a little forlorn frown. He didn’t want to leave, not really, but he knew he had to. “Goodbye.” With a little sad turn of his head he began the long walk back to his life out of the world of fantasy.

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage I [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas