Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Trouble At Daybreak (Jengo x Pima)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hmm... Well this was frustrating.

Jengo stared blankly as the path he had been following suddenly dropped off in the form of an abrupt and sudden cliff. From what he could tell when he leaned forward to look down, it was a far drop. He couldn't even tell where the bottom was.

Hmm...

Now what was he suppose to do? If he didn't hurry that experiment hyena he had just managed to get off his tracks would catch up and continue bothering him again. She might not have looked like it, but that hyena named Yukiko was an expert at tracking, if Jengo waited even a second longer than he wanted to she'd come running out of the bushes hot on his trail.

HMM...

He sighed in his frustration while continuing to stare down at the cliff. Pacing back and forth rather noticeably, as if he was waiting for someone of some sort to walk up and give him advice. Though he wouldn't have dared to admit such a thing. Still, that was where Jengo was that fine, lukewarm morning.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:33 am
PIma hummed to herself as she moved along, feeling pretty good about herself after managing to steal some food from a dopey cheetah. She had been all too willing to share with someone she thought was pregnant. Of course, Pima didn't have any babies growing inside of her, she had just wanted some meat without doing any hard work.

And it had worked out well. She didn't even need to feel guilty, because there had been plenty of meat left over, too. All in all, it had been a very good day so far. Thought it seemed like that would change.

Apparently she had been walking right up to a cliff. There was already a cheetah there, looking annoyed and maybe even a little concerned. "Oh great," she huffed, "now I have to go all the way around?!"

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:55 am
Jengo huffed out a puff of air in his frustration. His tail motioned from side to side in his agitation while trying to figure out a fast way to get off around the problem. But so far he had come up with nothing. No giant trees had fallen over and provided a bridge, no land in the distance seemed to sink down into the valley. At this rate he was just going to have climb down the stupid thing!

His ears curved back as he heard another enter the area. Oh gods, please don't let it be the hyena, anyone but her! He couldn't entertain her for a second longer, if it was her he would jump off the bloody cliff!

Fortunately for Jengo he was able to breathed out in relief as it was instead a leopard who marched out of the jungle and not a crazed hyena foaming at the mouth.

"You and me both." He said while approaching her, his eyes were kept on the cliff however as he hoped wandering near her would give him a better outlook.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:35 am
She frowned at the cheetah, though she wasn't going to blame him for this. After all, it wasn't like he had planted the cliffs there, or had told her to go in this direction to begin with. No, he had nothing to do with any of it, and she was mad only because she had messed up.

Still, it would have been nice if she'd had someone she could blame her troubles on. Somehow, it always seemed to make things easier to deal with.

Or maybe that was just her.

"Well, I guess you came the wrong way too, huh?" She sighed darkly, "I guess we should look for a way around. Maybe there's a path further down." She started to move again, before a slight realization got her to pause.

"Oh, I'm Pima," she added bitterly.

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:42 am
Cajanic

"I've got bad luck." He huffed out in annoyance. He was just glad that this leopard wasn't the hyena he was running from. Although that wasn't to say he still wasn't overjoyed by the fact that the cliff was in his way. Plus Yukiko could have come running out at any given moment, that only added to his sour mood.

"Jengo." He introduced himself while following after her. No way around it, they both needed to find another route to the bottom. Or top. Or whatever was waiting them on the other side of the stupid cliff!

He sighed in an effort to release the tension he felt. It was no good appearing all grumpy like he was especially when he normally wasn't so sour. "Where you heading?" He asked in a slightly more friendly tone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 am
"Humph!" Was Pima's quick response, "can't be all bad luck- you met me!" She informed him lightly, offering him a wink. Really, though, she felt like she had some bad luck , too. Not for meeting him, but it was still an inconvenience to be stuck there having to go the long way around.

She wouldn't deny that.

"Nice to meet you, Jengo, circumstance notwithstanding."

He asked where she was going and she didn't have a real answer for him. "I don't know," she commented, "I was just on the move. I'm always on the move. What about you? You looked a little startled before- were you running away from something?"

Maybe he had stolen someone's kill, too.

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:50 am
Always on the move, reminded him of himself. He was always in a constant state of travel. Although once he had gotten horribly lost in a cave and ... Ugh, he didn't want to think about that month he had spent wandering around in the darkness for what felt like an eternity.

He gave a small, somewhat nervous laugh, followed by a heavy sigh. "Yeah, someone who doesn't know when to quit following you." He swore to the gods themselves that canine was the equivalent of a homing pigeon. She could track anything and survive on her own happily yet when came to finding someone at the end of the day she had always ran back home to Jengo, even when he was certain he had managed to finally lose her.

"Though." His gaze navigated temporarily away from the cliff and watched the forest intently. "I think I've finally managed to get them off my trail." Had Yukiko actually found him then she would have shown her face by now.

It was a nice reliever for Jengo to finally relax and relish the freedom of not having to babysit that hyena any more.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:32 pm
He admitted that he was running from something, and that made Pima curious. Just what was he heading away from, then, and was it something really dangerous? Sounded like a jealous lover, but she wondered if that was really the case or not. It could have been any number of things.

Maybe she was just looking for the most exciting reasoning.

"Well that's good, at least," she commented lightly, "if it's someone looking to hurt you, I'm a pretty tough kitty! I know I dont' really look like it, but I can fight! I mean, you know, not that I LIKE to, but I'd be willing to chase off anything for ya, since you've been nice to me and all." She smiled as they walked. Really, though, if it was a lion he was on his own. She didn't need to be getting involved in super crazy things when she had enough of her own problems

"Tell me something about yourself," she said lightly, "looks like we've got a little bit of a walk together, so we might as well do some sharing, don't you think?"

CaliWolfe
Sorry about the delay!

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:43 pm
"Oh, you don't need to do THAT." He exclaimed with slight alarm mixed with a laugh of amusement. "There's no need to worry she's not dangerous." Well, she was a hazard to herself if that counted as being dangerous. Jengo sighed at the memory of having to rescue Yukiko from a ditch, then a river, and then a tree- to which he still hadn't found the answer as to how she climbed the darn thing to begin with! He was almost convinced the gods found themselves amused at his struggle to manage the situation about her. "She's just... persistent."

Something about himself? Something that didn't include Yukiko? "Ah well..." He had to actually pause and think about it for a moment. "There's not much to say. But I'm not from around here." He informed her lightly. "I come from over that mountainish area there." He motioned a little to the right of them and pondered whether a "mountainish area" was even visible. Regardless he continued speaking.

"There's nothing really exciting or special over there. Just dirt and dust and grass." Well, only a small amount of the grass part. A fire had ravaged the landscape during Jengo's youth and it had taken three seasons for it to start growing back. He had it fascinating yet a bit ridiculous and final took it upon himself to leave the lifeless area.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:57 pm
"Oh!" Pima huffed, "my mistake! I thought she was someone dangerous! Well, I guess that's okay too, but it does make it harder to escape someone when you don't really want to attack them." She frowned, wondering what she would do in a situation like that.

Probably attack them anyway, all things considered. She was not really good at coming up with creative ways to deal with problems, so the conventional tricks would work well enough for her tastes.

She wondered what was going on between the two of them, though, to make such a strange relationship occur. Persistent but not dangerous, but clearly not someone he wanted to have around.

Curious.

"Is that all?" she chuckled when he explained where he had come from, "well, I guess I won't bother going over that way, then. But I'm not very good with mountains, anyway. I don't really like spending too much time away from the trees, and they don't grow as well on mountains!"

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:18 pm
"Tell me about it." Jengo rolled his eyes at the idea of trying to attack Yukiko. The hyena had to be at least twice as strong as he was, terrifying beasty. If he tried to so much as scratch her she'd probably think it was a game and gladly take a nice bite out of his ear. She'd already tried taking a bite out of his leg, and then she would sometimes stare at him as if he was a mutant hare and something she could eat. Yes, Jengo thought, attacking Yukiko was out of the question. Because it would lead inevitably to his demise.

"Indeed, it's not worth you're time." He spoke of the mountainous range. "There's no trees, no nothing. Except caves and that's just lifeless and boring."

He looked over at the leopard. It felt quite nice talking to her and being able to get stuff off his chest like this. He could try it more often, but the chances of such were slim. "What about you?" He asked finally. "What's your story?"

Cajanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:42 pm
"Lifeless, huh? Yeesh," she shuddered at the thought. She might have been rough and tumble, but that didn't mean she absolutely hated others. That she wanted to be entirely alone all the time. That didn't sound like any fun at all! She couldn't imagine who would live up in the mountains. But then, if it was lifeless, she supposed no one would be living up there... but then how did he come from there?

It was a bit confusing, so she tried not to think about it too much. Instead, she focused on the male she had been speaking to. She enjoyed his company well enough. For a cheetah, he wasn't so bad at all!

Not that she'd met a bad cheetah. Easily tricked ones, but not bad ones.

"I tend to go from place to place, just looking for something fun to do," she replied, "I don't have a home of my own and I like to explore and enjoy myself more than anything. Sometimes I play tricks on others, but I try never to hurt anyone. I just... get a little restless, you know?"

CaliWolfe

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:44 am
Jengo laughed at her reaction to him telling her of his lifeless homeland. Some would argue caves and mountains were brimming with life, but it pleased Jengo to know that Pima wasn't one of those people. For a leopard she wasn't all that bad!

Not that he had encounter leopards on a regular basis, but those that he had met seemed to seem considerably less enjoyable to be around then this one.

"I can understand that." He said. "Then there is just some people who need to learn to loosen up, you know?" Jengo was one of those people, but he wasn't going to say such. He was making an effort to find pranks funny, he was trying. That was more than what he could say for some creatures, and that the cheetah was certain of.

A fork in the road ahead distracted him. "Hmm." He paused in his movements. They could split up and go down separate paths in search for the bottom. "Which way should we go?" He asked, and was aware how it was "We" he said and not "I". Hmm. Maybe he was craving social interaction more than he cared to admit...

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:11 pm
Pima frowned at the crossroads, looking from one path to the other and back again. Normally, she would have picked one way and told him to go the other, and would have made sure that their paths didn't cross again. Of course, by this time she probably would have found a way to screw him over by now, too. But she hadn't done that and she wasn't keen on leaving his company, either.

Maybe she was going soft- she thought it might be nice to at least get the rest of the way there with him before parting ways.

So she didn't seem to mind him saying 'we' instead of 'I', rolling along with it quite naturally. "Let's go this way," she said, not caring if the path ended up getting them lost or not.

At least they could talk a little bit more.

CaliWolfe
I think we can end with your post. ^^

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:28 pm
"Alright". Jengo followed, pausing and reversing slightly to allow for Pima to take the lead. He didn't mind being in the front but it had crossed his mind for a few brief seconds that maybe the leopard would prefer to take a look ahead.

Funny, he hadn't expected that being on the run from Yukiko he'd somehow find himself a new companion for the night. That in itself was a delightful surprise, even when he was not being particularly delightful himself.

He wasn't wondering per say, but the thought lulled with him briefly, just when exactly would they part ways? He was quite enjoying his social interactions with miss Pima.

Giving up remaining in the back Jengo moved his way to walk alongside her. And maybe, just maybe he had flashed her a toothy smile.

Somehow his mood had turned around. Now he was feeling nothing short of delight.

Cajanic
The End.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces