{PRP}Show me how to dance{Uzembe x Zenobia}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:46 pm
User Image

As want to her nature, Zenobia was out roaming again. This time she'd gone quite far from the group. Thankfully her latest litter was long into adulthood now and didn't need her constantly there. That was always the roughest for her; having her wanderlust strike and being bound down with cubs. The pale lioness was grateful to the male who was the unofficial leader the group. If she needed a break, he made sure she got it.

Just now, the lioness was limping along slowly. She'd twisted her back ankle doing something stupid. At first it hadn't seemed that bad and she kept going. Now it flamed up with pain each time she stepped on it. Zeno sighed and pulled herself to a halt. She needed a break and to get off it for a day at least. She looked around and found an outcropping of rocks. They would shield her from the worst of the sun. Progress was slow, but steady. With a grunt of relief she laid down in the shade.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:58 pm
magnadearel

Uzembe was out flying around, though how he managed to fly on his ruffled and patchy wings was anyone's guess. Really, he did not need his wings to fly, as it was more magic than physics, but still. He liked the feeling of flapping his wings and hauling himself around on air currents, even if doing that made him careen and wobble through the air in a less than graceful display.

He wobbled and wound his way overhead, spotting a lioness down below. He tilted his head, not sure for a moment if she was walking funny or if it was just his terrible flying. After a moment he decided it was her and not him, so he wheeled around in the air and then lowered himself to the ground, trying to land gently.

He failed.

Being the son of Failure, that sort of thing happened a lot.

Slamming into the ground almost face first, he skidded to a stop just short of bumping into her. He pushed himself to his feet, though, as quickly as he could, coughing on the dust cloud he kicked up and then looked at her.

"Are you alright?" He managed, trying not to choke on the dust.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 pm
Lithiasaur

She opened her eyes at the sudden and unexpectedly loud sound rather close by. Nothing that loud, or that big for that matter, should have gotten that close without her hearing it approach. Zeno felt her jaw drop open at the sight of a large male, with wings. She felt her eyes must be playing tricks on her as he practically ended up right in front of her. Except she was positive she was very much awake.

The pale lioness couldn't help but stare at the lion with wings. More specifically, at his wings. They didn't seem possible even with the evidence right in front of her face. "Oh... I ... um.... hi," she replied unintelligently. For one the lioness was at a loss for words. She opened and closed her mouth a few more times before she snapped it shut. Realizing she'd been rude to stare like that she glanced away and took several deep calming breaths.

Looking back now she had a bit more calm. "Good day sir." Zeno was slightly baffled by his question. She didn't know this.... lion? In fact she'd never seen him before. Why would he ask if she was alright. "I believe so?" The female replied hesitantly, unsure of what to expect.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:04 am
magnadearel

Uzembe looked at the female and smiled, looking sheepish as she approached him. It had not been the best landing of his life, and he certainly did not want her to think he was a goofball. He was a bit of a dork but he couldn't help it. It was literally in his genes to fail.

"Well, I saw you walking and I thought you were uhm... hurt, or maybe in some sort of trouble. I saw you while I was flying."

He smiled at her. He did not have much experience with mortals and he was still getting used to how he was supposed to act around them, and how they might react around him. He would learn that some were not meant to see or know about Gods, but he had not learned that yet.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. My name is Uzembe, the God of Negligence. Uh. That domain... I was born with, it doesn't mean... well. It's nice to meet you."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:23 pm
Lithiasaur

It was all quite a bit for the old lioness to take in. She had dealt with many things in her life, but coming face to face with an actual god was not one of them. It was something deep down within her that maybe she'd felt and had never really confronted. Now it confronted her right in the face.

Zeno adjusted her position where she lay and tried to gather her scattered wits. He had stopped because he'd though she was hurt? She glanced to his wings at the mention of flying. That explained why she hadn't heard him walking up; he hadn't. She gave another shake of her head, trying to erase the last of the dumbfounded look on her face.

"I beg your pardon. You shocked me coming down like that. I suppose I am in some sort of trouble. I twisted my ankle and now I cannot walk on it." Zeno gave a tentative smile back.

"Uzembe. It's nice to meet you too. I'm not sure what you mean by domain though. My name is Zenobia. I wanted to thank you for stopping to check that I was alright even though you didn't have to." She wasn't quite sure what to offer a god. Did he eat like she did? Did he need an offering or something? There wasn't any way she could easily hunt right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:33 pm
magnadearel

Uzembe smiled at the lioness, watching her carefully. He had just been concerned about her, and was rather used to plopping out of the air like a stone. As he was very happy to fly and he loved to do it all the time, he was still pretty bad at landing after he was done. He had done it a hundred times, but was still just not very good.

Maybe one day he would learn how to adjust his landing to accommodate his strange flying style.

"I didn't mean to fall quite that hard. The last thing I wanted to do was scare you! I was just concerned so I came down to make sure you were okay," he laughed, thinking he had just made it worse by coming down. He was the God of Negligence, after all, so he was fairly used to accidentally making things worse. Usually, though, it came from him forgetting to take action, or choosing not to, and not when he actually tried to do something.

"You hurt your paw? Are you going somewhere specific? I can give you a ride, if you want. I promise I won't fly very high and I won't drop you, or me, this time."

He really wanted to help. Uzembe never got the chance to help, and if he could actually do it without ruining everything, he would feel very successful. It would make his day. He was not able to read minds, but his was on the same thought hers was.

"Would you like me to help you hunt for some food? I am sure I can catch you something yummy! It would help keep strain off your paw, too."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:18 am
Lithiasaur

The lioness finally relaxed enough to laugh. "Well that's good to hear. You could hurt yourself landing that hard all the time." She nodded her head with a smile. "Thank you for your concern, and for stopping to check." Despite everything she felt he had a good soul to do that. However, his offer to fly made her understandably nervous.

"Well not really specific. I was wandering to stretch my legs really. I'm grateful for your offer Uzembe, I really am, but I think it's best I pass. If I had somewhere to be I would have accepted." Zeno hoped she hadn't hurt his feelings. She felt much more comfortable with her feet on the ground.

Her ears perked up as he mentioned hunting. She gave a grin, "I would be happy to accept that offer! Thank you. I won't be running anywhere for a couple of days at least." The dominate male she usually traveled with would have hunted for her if he'd known, or one of her many cubs, but out here she hadn't expected any hospitality. "If there's something I can do for you in return please let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:23 am
magnadearel

"Maybe if I hurt myself I'll finally learn how to land properly," Uzembe chuckled, but he could hardly be bothered to actually put the effort into learning. Or rather, he would just forget about his goals in due time. He did not mean to, but he was really bad at following through on things, and often forgot to what he set out to do.

"Oh, there's no need to pay me back for it! I am happy to help! To be honest, I rarely get the chance to help anyone, but I want to!"

He just had to focus. He could not let himself get distracted or he would forget to bring her the food back. He knew himself too well. He stretched his wings, though they were patchy and looked fairly useless, then took to the sky. He grinned down at her, wobbling in the air as he hovered.

"I'll be right back, okay?"

He flew off to find them some food and spotted a herd of zebra. Flying gave him an unfair advantage, so catching a big one and dragging it back to Zenobia was not as difficult as it might have been for a mortal. He had caught something much too large for one lioness, but he was trying to over achieve and maybe he wanted to impress her a little bit. He was young, as far as Gods were concerned particularly, and he was trying to prove he was more than his domain made him out to be.

When he spotted her again, he let go of the zebra he had been dragging and landed heavily. Since he had only been hovering, he did not fall so heavily, though he still wobbled and almost fell down.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:02 pm
Lithiasaur

"Well I can only hope you won't hurt yourself too badly." That would be some way to learn. She almost felt sorry for the sweet god having such a hard time, except he seemed so cheerful about it. Zeno wasn't quite sure what to make of it really.

She wanted to protest that she could pay him back, but then thought better of contradicting a god. Maybe it would just be better to bow along gracefully. If something came up that she could help with then she would. Zeno nodded as he promised he'd be right back.

With amazement she watched him take off. He was truly no ordinary lion. She settled back into her shade when he flew out of sight. There was no point straining her eyes. Either he would be back or he wouldn't.

In no time though a large zebra came falling out of the sky and startled her yet again. Zeno grinned sheepishly. She should have been expecting that as she'd seen him fly off. Of course he'd fly it back. She watched as he manged a slightly better landing than last time.

"I see you were very successful Uzembe." In truth, it was far more than she'd expected. "Since you caught it you will join me in this feast," and she wouldn't take no for an answer. Even if they both took a good meal from it now, Zeno bet the carcass would keep her fed well until her ankle healed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:18 pm
magnadearel

"I was!"

Uzembe was feeling particularly proud of himself. He had managed to stay focused, to succeed in a hunt, and remember to come back and fulfill his promise, which was astounding for him, really. He was so often easily distracted or just forgetful, he was not the best with follow through. It played into his domain, of course.

He was the God of Negligence, but that did not mean he was negligent on purpose. In his case, coupled with his parentage of Failure and Clumsiness, he was just accidentally so.

"You pick which part you want first! I don't have to eat as often as you do, though I do love to! I'll definitely take a small part of it, since you offered." He chuckled and moved to eat once he was sure she had picked which part she wanted for herself. He took a leg off with some difficulty, but it was worth it because he found it to be very filling. He was hopeful that she would be able to keep well fed for a little while, at least.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:50 am
Lithiasaur
And fin! Thank you!

She laughed softly. Zeno was interested to hear he didn't need to eat as much. She thought with those wings he might need to eat more. Instead she nodded and claimed a hind leg for herself. "Thank you again." The zebra was delicious! The lioness enjoyed every bite until the bones were licked clean. "That was the best zebra I've tasted in quite awhile Uzembe." Zenobia settled back into the shade. "If you don't have anywhere to be right away, why don't you stay and talk? At least until the heat has passed."  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games