General Discussion, anything goes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Hampy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:24 pm
Can we get a general discussion thread going on? Instead of having a bunch of "I'm back!" threads, just something to keep everything in one place.

I'm getting old, so it's hard for me to keep up with you young whipper-snappers (a lot of you are like the same age as me, but whatever).

I guess I'll start: I'm now in graduate school, getting my Masters in Environmental Planning. I just moved to a new place, so I haven't really been able to get online as much (my phone has mobile internet, Gaia is not friendly with mobile sometimes) and I'm not getting proper [comcast.. ugh] internet until next month.

I also stream twitch now! Well, used to. I guess s**t happened while I was gone for a week, and I don't have internet to stream anyways.

Howdy.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:29 pm
what do you stream on Twitch? and whats your Twitch name or you can just post your link.  

SpiIt Milk

Rich Millionaire

9,300 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Big Tipper 100

Miss Hampy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:35 am
Phlamboyant
what do you stream on Twitch? and whats your Twitch name or you can just post your link.

Oh of course, my bad. http://twitch.tv/mirthmobile/ is my twitch URL. I stream speedruns, currently Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. I have my first PB on the leaderboards at about 12th or 13th (we've had a recent influx of runners lately). I also stream random other games, Wii, PS2, Gamecube, etc.

I won't be streaming for a while because I don't have internet at the moment, but I will start again sometime in September!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:42 pm
Yeah, I've been playing a lot again but I don't think I've been social much.
I don't know what else there is to talk about
redface  

The Snarfy
Vice Captain

Noob

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 pm
What is twitch exactly? I've only heard of it from that pokemon fiasco that was happening a while ago..

Anyway I am back to the scape again, after temporarily abandoning it for minecraft and skyrim. Going for 99 fishing at the moment. Only 1 more level to go!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:59 pm
Sieffre
What is twitch exactly? I've only heard of it from that pokemon fiasco that was happening a while ago..

Anyway I am back to the scape again, after temporarily abandoning it for minecraft and skyrim. Going for 99 fishing at the moment. Only 1 more level to go!!
Twitch is a livestream service where gamers stream what they're playing and can interact with viewers. People can subscribe to you for $4.99 a month (you get $2.50 of those $4.99, Twitch gets the rest) or donate to you.

I find it neat to stream, not too typed about the whole donation and subscription fuss; unless it's going to charity.  

Aicas
Captain

Miss Hampy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:31 am
Aicas
Sieffre

Twitch is a livestream service where gamers stream what they're playing and can interact with viewers. People can subscribe to you for $4.99 a month (you get $2.50 of those $4.99, Twitch gets the rest) or donate to you.

I find it neat to stream, not too typed about the whole donation and subscription fuss; unless it's going to charity.

The subscription is only available to streamers who are "Partners"" that get special rights from Twitch. It also includes custom emotes and a special badge in that person's chat.

Sorry I keep forgetting to log in and check out whst people are talking about although the forum isn't super populated.

Only a couple more days until I start my 2nd semester of graduate school! Pretty exciting... Other than that not much has been going on.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:07 am
Sir Hampy
Aicas
Sieffre

The subscription is only available to streamers who are "Partners"" that get special rights from Twitch. It also includes custom emotes and a special badge in that person's chat.

Sorry I keep forgetting to log in and check out whst people are talking about although the forum isn't super populated.

Only a couple more days until I start my 2nd semester of graduate school! Pretty exciting... Other than that not much has been going on.

Hampy <3<3<3  

Christowns
Crew

Aicas
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:33 am
Guess I'll put my two cents in.

I've been working and working out this Summer; as of November of last year I've been eating healthy and reading up on a lot of nutritional facts as well as exercising every day except Saturdays. I cycle Monday-Friday between different muscle groups and then Sunday is my Yoga and Stretch day. Feels great to be in shape. I beat my best mile time (I used to do cross country back in my high school years and my best time was 6 minutes and 12 seconds) After months of training and long runs I've set my personal record at 5 minutes and 24 seconds and it feels amazing to know I can run a mile in that much time.

I've learned how to cook some pretty kick a** meals too. (Been reading up on a lot of vegan and nutrition dense blogs; I feel like an old lady.) Kind of makes me want to change my major to Nutrition since it's so interesting. I've learned so much about the damage certain foods can cause and ingredients to stay away from as well as pesticides and hormones on food. It's all so interesting I can't stop reading.

In regards to work, I work at an insurance agency for those of you who don't know me too well. Not much has changed there, just paper work, quoting and the norm.

I start my next semester of college in a week as well. I'm a Biology Major (Pre-Med). Not looking forward to loosing the free time I had in the Summer after work and exercise, but hey at least I feel productive because I'm busy.

Other than that nothing much is new. I've been trying to clean up my room a bit (it's a pretty small space). I went to IKEA this weekend and bought some furniture. Donated my old TV and game stand since I didn't use them anymore. Hooked up a second monitor (mostly for school but helps when I want to multitask and am on Runescape; also where I have my Xbox set up to since I no longer have a TV). Not sure when I'll get around to buying a new TV to hook up my Xbox (which I use for YouTube and since I don't really have any games to play or Gold membership) and that's pretty much it.

I've also lost a lot of interest in Runescape, but am still trying to gradually Max out, just Thieving (95), Farming (96), and Hunter (94) to go until the Max Cape. I did recently place an order online for Skyrim though to try something new (honestly just because I needed 14 bucks to free shipping on eBay) though so I probably won't be on much if at all because I have a hard time sharing my time between more than one game at a time.

So yup, not much is new in my life.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:59 am
Sounds good, man.

Personally, I've changed jobs to Government Contract Security, mostly because it came with a healthy pay raise.

Trying to get together with the local community college people, so I can start classes for Oil well inspection/safety stuff. Pretty interesting line of work, and starts out at a pretty decent pay, since nobody wants to do that job.

I need to do what you've done, and start working out and eating healthy! Life sucks being fat! biggrin  

Christowns
Crew

Runescape

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces