Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Gotta Catch 'em All! (Shikoba x Nila)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm
User Image Shikoba shook herself free of snow. It was gently falling from the sky as she made her way through the foothills of the mountains that her sister called home. She herself frequented the area quite a bit but would roam into the hot, dry lands of the savanna as well. There were those that needed help, and since she never seemed to get too hot, she knew she could led a paw to those that needed an extra push to make it to the next watering hole.

She loved the cold, though, and enjoyed these mountains quite a bit. She'd come for a rest and to relax, escaping the constant sun and heat of below the mountains. On her last adventure into the mountains she'd noticed a group of lions moving together along with some hares and followed them, only to find a pride lived among the hills. It was a surprise, but one that she enjoyed. It was nice to know her sister wasn't alone up here all the time. Perhaps she'd even visit it herself should a storm blow in. Hopefully she wouldn't confuse the pride if they spotted her...she and her sister were quite similar in appearance.

Greenie EA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:31 pm
User Image

"Oh my!" The large, dark lion proclaimed as he came too after a long night of traveling. After a moment, Nilakanka, stood and shook himself free of that nights snowfall than began his journey again. This time he had a goal, or so his stomach had decided, and should he want to eat sooner rather than later he'd ought to start soon. Unfortunately it had been proven that Nila was not that avid of a Hunter, which is why he chose to stay where he ought to, as a Soldier.

"Hare.. hare.." He mumbled, almost in a grumpy manner, he was simply frustrated with his inability to do something that appeared so simple and yet so daunting. His mind flashed back to a moment where a simple twig had ruined a hunt for one of his fellow pride members, it certainly was not his strong suit.

It was during this time, lost in thought, that he began to not pay attention to direction. Had he been watching his eyes would have fallen on a lioness approaching his area of the mountainside.

SilverLutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:30 pm
Shikoba was much more aware of her surroundings and spotted the dark lion as he shuffled through the snow. She froze in place and lowered herself down a bit, always cautious and wary of new lions that she didn't know. He didn't seem to be too much of a threat, though. In fact, his meandering gave him the look of someone searching for something. Was he lost?

Instinct told her to run, but her desire to help won out in the end. She carefully and cautiously approached the dark lion, a curious look on her face. Her body language was stiff and ready to dart away at a moments notice, but there was concern in her eyes, hidden behind her rather long 'mane'.

"Are you lost?" she asked, her voice deeper than the normal female. Indeed, from afar she could be confused for a male with her large stature and shaggy fur. A closer look would reveal her true gender, but to the unobservant it was easy to be mistaken.

Greenie EA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:32 am
"Lost?"

Nilakanka didn't even look up as a deep voice carried heavy on a cool wind than faded slowly. It was his turn to freeze his pace and once he was sure he wasn't about to be leaped upon he gazed towards the sound.

"Is my footing that bad?" A soft laugh escaped him to encourage a nice atmosphere. When his eyes met the blue pelt before him he became slightly confused. Sure the voice had been deep, but he was sure it had been female. Upon further inspection he noticed he was indeed correct, but she certainly had quite a bit of fur. Of course it was likely a useful thing in this weather.

"I had not thought I looked that horrible, but I'm certainly no local."

He approached with caution as it became known that she was slightly tense. Due to her apparent warning signs he made sure to allow himself to come off as easy going.

SilverLutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:52 pm
Shikoba's ears twitched just a bit as the lion spoke. He seemed rather jolly and easy going, but there were good actors out there and she was never one to let her guard down too easily. When he questioned her reasoning she felt a bit silly. Always eager to help, she sometimes jumped to conclusions.

"You seemed a bit out of place," she admitted, ears slowly lifting from their tense position. "The snowy mountains are not a normal place for lions. I know there's a pride in these hills, but it's not unheard of that some lose their way trying to pass through the paths." She paused and flicked her tail free of the snow, letting it rest slightly more comfortably behind her.

"Have you lost something then?" He had seemed to be looking for something, and at first she thought perhaps it had been his way back to the warm lands below. "Or are you hunting?" That could be another possibility. Ah, if it were the latter she'd feel even sillier...just a lion out for a hunt and she had to go barging in. How like her.

Greenie EA
OH MY GOD I'm so sorry for the wait oTL I tagged myself instead of you! Lordy I'm dumb XD;;;;;

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:25 pm
"I haven't truly lost anything. I am more so searching for something." He mused at just how silly he must sound. Nila was trying at all costs not to completely admit his inability to hunt. He hoped that the conversation would lead to perhaps a helping paw?

"It is a hunt, and a very unsuccessful one so far. Which may explain why I appeared so lost!" A laugh followed this statement, this sound echoed nicely around them. "It seems my eyes do not adjust well to the glow from the suns light against fresh snow." Fortunately for the large, dark lion this was true. As if it couldn't get much worse, the light was hindering him more than helping.

"Have you eaten yet this morning?"

Once again, that hope.

silverlutz"
No worries! I suck even more lol <3

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:23 am
Shikoba flicked her tail back and forth as the male spoke. She knew that this place could be considered hostile to most lions, who were used to the heat and dry ground of the savanna down below, The glare the sun caused on the snow was rather awful at times, but she was used to it having visited her sister here so often. She had spent much of her time in the snow, anyway, so she had learned to deal with it.

"Not yet," she admitted, tilting her head to the side slightly. "I'm used to this area, so if you're set on hunting in the snow, I could be of help." Excellent, something she could actually assist with. Moving forward a bit as it seemed the male wasn't of any danger, she gave him a tiny smile.

"I'm Shikoba, by the way," she said, offering her name first to break the last of the ice between them. "I'm visiting my sister who lives in a pride up here, and the two of us spent a lot of our time in the snow, so it's home to me. If it's a meal you're after, you stumbled across the right lioness."

Greenie EA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:48 pm
A clear look of relief crossed the lions face as the female admitted to having been around here before and even was experienced in hunting in these parts. This was a golden opportunity Nila just couldn't pass up.

"I would greatly appreciate a helping paw." His hope being answered was surely a good sign, along with that friendly step forward and her name. "Nilakanka, it's a pleasure to meet you." No better truth could have been spoken, the help she would provide would stop that darn rumbling in his stomach.

Nila ran through his mind quickly, had he perhaps met the sister of this lioness. He was sure he would have remembered her. "Since you're the experienced one, lead the way!" He smiled; teasing himself.

Silverlutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:00 pm
The look of relief that crossed the male's face made Shikoba relax. This was what she lived for, even though it was a strange give and take. She enjoyed helping others when they were in need, but at the same time she was so wary around strangers it made it hard to listen to her impulse to help. When someone was happy to have help, though, it soothed her worries and let her helpful persona take over.

"Nilakanka...nice to meet you as well," she said with a little bob of her head. Shikoba nodded at the male's words and turned, cutting a path through the snow. She was a big lioness so she left a decent trail for him to follow, even if he wasn't used to the chilly stuff. She paused now and then to sniff the wind, looking for a scent to follow, and would occasionally change her path to follow some tracks.

Finally she found a trail and followed it, and it led her to a little den. There was no adult inside, and it was clear to see why: the babies of the furry critter that had lived here had perished in the cold. Frozen meat was a bit tough, but still good. "Well, it's not exactly alive," she said, glancing over her shoulder. "But in a pinch it'll do. There's not much there, though, so I'll leave it all to you." Her stomach wasn't snarling at her and she knew the pride her sister was in would have food should she get hungry, although she trusted herself to find more when she did get a bit rumbly.

Greenie EA
That's my last! If you want to wrap it up in your next post I'd be much obliged =w=

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 pm
It was such a miracle to have come across a keen girl like this, Nila would never feel shame for his inabilities, he figured there was only growth to be had. The lioness began her trip and he was quick to follow in her stead.. his relief continued to see the snow parted in such a way to save his paws the trouble. As much as the snow troubled him he was also grateful for the chill that came with it.

"Would you look at that!" The large, black lion was bewildered to have discovered such a nest so close to where he had been looking. "Of course, perhaps I should have been more persistent." He mused lightly and gave an embarrassed grin to the female whom had found this so simply. "Are you sure you won't join me? I can spare some of the meat."

Nila attempted an inviting look, not quite ready to be alone once again, but than he remembered her sister. "Well, if you see my sorry butt out here, you'll know what I'm looking for!" The amusement played in his eyes, again. "Have a safe trip."

silverlutz

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas