[PRP] Crazy Leopards (Dalki x Kohinoor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Irresponsible? Whose irresponsible? Kohi laughed loudly at the thought of her being irresponsible. Sure, she had almost gotten crushed by an avalanche of rocks. Yes, she had accidently swallowed a poison berry. But that didn't make her irresponsible, she was perfectly responsible! She could take care of herself!

To prove just that today Kohi had slipped away from where her and her brother had set up camp and went to go fetch breakfast. Now if she was irresponsible, she wouldn't even be able to catch breakfast! But because she was indeed a responsible grown up leopard she was beyond confident that she could catch her own meal.

The only problem was she didn't know what to catch. She hadn't been in this area before and didn't know if she was going to take down a poisonous bear or something like that. A thought stirred that maybe she should ask one of the locals what was on the menu. "Excuse me!" She called to another in the area. "What's good for lunch?!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:15 am
User Image

Dalki had been through a lot of late, and he was stressed more than he usually was. He had seen one of the two friends he had in the entire world nearly get killed by an insane lion who seemed to have just been passing through and killing anything that happened to be in his path. Though Dalki had looked for him, the lion made no return to the area, and it did not seem likely now that they would ever cross paths again.

Dalki certainly hoped not. For the sake of his friends and because he had seen how strong that lion was. Though he spent all his life training and practicing in fighting, because of his mother and how dedicated to the art she was, he had never been in a fight like that. He had lost, handily, and quickly. It told him that he was just not good enough yet to take on real opponents.

He felt a little lost and shaken. He had left his home to follow his two new friends where ever they were going, but since Kiroja had been injured, Angava had stopped his travels and was staying in a den to nurse her back to health. Dalki had not wanted to intrude, and spent his time wandering around, usually returning to them to bring them back some food, but finding he was not as useful as he would like. He needed to head out, to start on his adventure. Kiroja was adamant that she did not need him to worry about her, and she wanted to see him happy and living his own life...

But what did that mean, exactly?

When he heard someone calling to him, Dalki snapped out of his thoughtful daze and turned to see another leopard approaching him. he had not seen one since he left his family and, more than that, he had not seen a female one that wasn't related to him... ever. He stared at her, wide eyed, and immediately forgot how to form words.

"Uhm. Uh." he managed, before he shook his head and cleared his throat. His voice still came out a bit high. "I-I'm not really sure. I'm not from this area, but I've been watching the zebra herds..."

CaliWolfe

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:05 pm
Kohi moved closer to the other leopard. She was not shy and she was often told by her brother how she was not wary enough of strangers. She would roll her eyes at him and laugh away his fret. What did Kohi have to worry about? It's not like she was going to be enslaved again right? The only ones Kohi truly feared were those bloodletters, who had originally captured her. Now that that group disbanded? Now that she was safe and away from the forest where they roamed? She had no fear left.

The male seemed nervous and Kohi decided by acting a little more friendly perhaps he would calm? "Zebra herds hmm..." She briefly considered how she was suppose to go about hunting zebra. The bloodletters that she served lived in the woods, and she spent her days catching hares. She hadn't hunted or seen sight of zebra before. "Herds" implied to her they were big. Big like... An elephant?

"What's a zebra look like?" She asked, and made a mental note to demand her brother to take her see these zebra creatures. He'd no doubt comply. "Do they taste good?" She asked yet another question.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:51 pm
CaliWolfe

Dalki was nervous but he told himself not to be. He was a seasoned warrior! He trained every day of his life to be a proud and strong leopard! of course, this, he realized, had nothing to do with being proud or strong, or fighting at all. He did not even know how to interact with other leopards, outside of his family ,and the only friends he had made so far were two lions.

He had learned a lot from them, but not enough, it seemed. he felt way out of his comfort zone.

"You've never seen a zebra?" he asked, looking confused. Maybe he was not the only sheltered one around here. That, oddly, made him feel more comfortable, and he nodded his head. "They're very good. Their meat is touch because they run a lot, but they're worth it to catch if you can. Big, but you get filled up." He offered a nod toward the grassy lands ahead of him.

"They're out there. It's easier to hunt in a group, if you want. I can help you catch one."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:02 pm
Lithiasaur

"Would you!?" Kohi exclaimed with delight in her voice. If he did then that'd be awesome! She wouldn't have to bother her good for nothing brother and could in fact, later brag to him about having seen a zebra before him.

Though it was a fact that Sundai had never been forced into slavery before. It was only Kohi who had been unfortunate enough to be captured and the rest of her family ran free. That made it increasingly less likely that Kohi was the first of the duo to see a zebra; let alone taste one. In fact if she dared to ask Sundai would probably boastfully tell her many tales about how he managed to catch zebra. Tch, he could be such a show off sometimes!

She realized just how snobby and demanding of her it sounded to speak with such excitement and Kohi cleared her throat to ask again, more formally. "I mean, will you? Please? I... I've never seen one before." Her years of serving infiltrators and spies made her able to speak with less emotion in her voice. Even so, Kohi could hardly contain her excitement. To see a real zebra! It was embarrassing that she hadn't already but this stranger was willing to take her to-

"Oh." She remembered. "My name's Kohi."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:34 pm
CaliWolfe

"I-it's a pleasure to meet you, Kohi. My name is Dalki." He straightened up and then bowed his head at her gallantly, doing his best to be as together and polite as he could be. He had always been told to respect females, after all, even if he had no practice with them. He wanted to be a kind and respectable leopard, as his mother had been and had always taught him, so he would do not only her proud, but himself.

He just needed to get more experience out in the world. At the moment, he had almost none, and it was really catching up to him. He had never really been good at speaking with others, and improvising as he was going along was rather difficult.

"Well, I'll show you what they are. They can be a little dangerous but I'll make sure you're not hurt, okay?" He was a large, muscular leopard, so his words rang true enough. If anyone could keep her safe, it was likely him. "Come on, they're just down this way."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:04 pm
Lithiasaur

"Dalki." She repeated his name with a smile. She had in truth only given him part of her name, but the rest was such a mouthful that she doubted he'd even want to hear it. Heck, she didn't want to hear it! As such she went by Kohi, it was shorter and nicer sounding then the full 'Kohinoor' of her name. By that regard Sundai was lucky. His name was short, he didn't need to shorten it more. But if he did then she supposed he'd just be called Sun or Dai. Kohi also briefly wondered if Dalki's name was short for something, and if it wasn't then if he'd be known as 'Dal' or 'Ki' if he wanted to make it shorter. She supposed not.

"Alright, I'll follow you then." Kohi nodded and returned her mind to the original subject. She was honestly so excited that her mind was spinning and wandering with her joy. All in all though she was pleased to have a guard, teacher and guide all at the same time.

Were Zebra's really that dangerous? Well if they were the size of elephants like she imagined then they must have been. She had few concerns as Kohi had no trouble trusting in Dalki's strength. And he had seen Zebra before so that was also helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 pm
CaliWolfe

Dalki nodded his head, not feeling nervous as he took to leading. That, at least, he had been prepared for, just in case. He told himself to stay calm, and in turn his mind and body listened. He was not sure why he needed to tell himself to stay calm, however, but maybe he would understand that more in time. She made him feel nervous, but in a new way that he just did not know how to process just yet.

Dalki walked quickly until they closed in on where he saw the herd. He looked at her and shifted his tail, motioning with a paw for her to slow and to crouch, like he was doing. He looked ahead and nodded his nose toward the zebra in the distance. The large creature was standing away from the herd, eating quietly and not suspecting a thing.

"there, see it?" Dalki said, in a very quiet tone. He looked back at her, smiling, eyes bright with his own excitement. He had seen zebras before, of course, but there was something fun about helping her to see them for the first time, as well.

And now they would get to hunt one down.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:22 pm
Lithiasaur

Kohi was amazed at the new creatures before her. She followed Dalki's lead and crouched but her eyes didn't move from watching the beasts before her. She had seen new things all of the time of course, but this... This was something... Extraordinary. It left her breathless and for a time speechless as she watched the large lonely creature grazing without notice of their presence.

This was... This was what breakfast looked like? "Incredible." She shimmed her way closer to Dalki's side, and kept herself as low to the ground as possible. Invisible. They certainly weren't as big as elephants but zebras looked to be pretty tall and strong animals themselves.

Through her gawking at the creatures, when she had eyed her fill of sight of them, Kohi eventually turned with a playful grin to look at the male beside her. "Now, we eat?" She half asked, suggested and demanded rolled into one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 am
CaliWolfe

"We'll eat soon. If you want to run and scare it, I'll cut it off. Just try to run it in that direction," he motioned with his paw. "Once it sees you it will likely turn this way anyway, and I'll cut it off before it can get too far. Once you see me reach... see that rock way over there? Once I get there, you go for it, okay?"

Dalki glanced her, hoping she was not nervous. Surely she had hunted before, just not something quite this size. He smiled reassuringly, trusting her abilities to not get him or her killed, and then scooted away to his indicated spot. it was a little while before he reached it, creeping low and staying down wind of the zebra. Once he hit the rock, though, he hid and he waited for her to run out there and get the zebra running toward him.

Once she did, he would be able to leap on it and bring it down to the ground. It would only take a few moments, and then they would be eating well. He felt compelled to make sure they succeeded, because this was an almost special hunt for her. No one wanted to lose their first zebra!

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas