Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ ENROLLMENT ] Zander Aabye - Sphinx (accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:56 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name:
Zander Aabye
Nicknames:
-

Faction:
Monster
Race:
Winged Sphinx

Natural Ability:
Shapeshifting; Zander can shift between his humanoid form to that of a large, winged lion capable of flight.

Personality:
Friendly - Do you want friends? Zander wants friends. All the friends. Will you be his friend? He can talk to you all day, or just listen to you talk. He just wants to have all the friends.
Gullible - He might be book smart, but he's not really people smart yet. Most friends were members of his family pride, so he knows little of true malice, bullying or betrayal. He gives everyone the benefit of the doubt, and would likely shrug off warnings about a person's character much longer than most.
Trustworthy - While Zander might not be as crazy about riddles as some of his kin, he knows how to guard a secret. Anything you tell him, you can be completely confident won't get spread around campus. He's in no way interested in the rumor mills or gossip and won't participate in he-said-she-said nonsense.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
He seeks to learn! The sphinx greatly enjoys furthering his education and reading up on everything he can. With the desire to become a leader someday - what he would like to 'lead' is still up in the air - he has to be super smart! Also, to have a chance at any position of power, one needs people (friends) to help him reach the stars!

FEAR Ability:
Y1 - The Mind: Zander lets out a loud, beastly roar to try and disorient or generally frighten his opponent!
Tier One:
Dice: 3d4
First Dice: represents your Accuracy.
xxxxx 1-2: Miss
xxxxx 3-4: Success!
Second Dice: represents your Modifier.
xxxxx 1 means your opponent adds +1 to their modifier. If their modifier was -6, it is now -5! This means your opponent has an easier time of hitting their targets.
xxxxx 2-4 means your opponent adds -1 to their modifier. If their modifier was -6, it is now -7!
Third Dice: represents how many turns the effect lasts.
xxxxx 1-2: affects your opponent's next turn.
xxxxx 3-4: affects your opponent's next two turns.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Artist's choice!
Hair Colour/Style: Some dark (natural preferred, but not required!) shade; straight and/or somewhat long.
Skin Colour: Artist's choice!
Clothing Style/Colours: I'm going to leave this mostly up to the artist, other than requesting natural colors. His natural form will be a winged lion of the darker sort. Darker brown mane, fur leaning more toward a dusty or brown color instead of sandy?
Extra: Feathered wings and lion tail, please! Artist's choice between foot paws or regular feet. Also artist's choice between pointed humanoid ears or lion ears.
References: No refs, sorry!
RP Logs
Prom 2017
[DANCE HALL] MAIN DANCE THREAD - [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[GAMES] - [x]
Raffle Tickets - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]
Quests Completed - [x] (+6 RP Points)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 am
Eeee he sounds cute! A fuzzy gullible boil!

I'd love to see more personality added on when you get the chance!

How about something less concrete for the FEAR?
Since he's not a big riddle person (or perhaps not as good) he could maybe have a FEAR that puzzles someone? Stopping them in their tracks? The good part about year ones is they sort of suck at everything.. so him not being into riddles or good at them, would be easily explained when his FEAR manifests!

I guess you just need to decide if he is the type to have a physical or non-physical attack... and then if it's an offensive thing or more of a buff/defensive move!

hitsuzen

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:46 am
Thank you for the crit! ;w; Yes, I need to iron out more personality stuff. I have to get deeper than my mental image of MAKE ALL THE FRIENDS and branch out a bit.

Hm. I'm leaning toward a defensive FEAR rather than an offensive one, even though maybe I should go the other way around since lion = HUGE and able to physically fight... I thought about weird, potentially scary sand-formed things, but imagined that someone else either already had it or it would be too out-there for his species. Plus he would have to carry around a freaking load of sand, lol.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:54 am
Hitsuzen
Thank you for the crit! ;w; Yes, I need to iron out more personality stuff. I have to get deeper than my mental image of MAKE ALL THE FRIENDS and branch out a bit.

Hm. I'm leaning toward a defensive FEAR rather than an offensive one, even though maybe I should go the other way around since lion = HUGE and able to physically fight... I thought about weird, potentially scary sand-formed things, but imagined that someone else either already had it or it would be too out-there for his species. Plus he would have to carry around a freaking load of sand, lol.

I try to think of what's most IC for the character themself. My owl-man is not very violent, but he is very guided by his animalistic instincts so I gave him a basic physical FEAR.

There are FEARs that are a mix of both, such as the one that leeches health and causes damage. Perhaps it could be as simple as a ROAR that disorients the opponent, which would imply BIG SCARY LION without needing him to be violent?  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:03 pm
The roar probably would be the best bet for Y1. <3 Then I just have to figure out what to escalate to for the future. *cough* And considering how long I take to get growth points I will probably have plenty of time to think it over. XD

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:04 pm
Hitsuzen
The roar probably would be the best bet for Y1. <3 Then I just have to figure out what to escalate to for the future. *cough* And considering how long I take to get growth points I will probably have plenty of time to think it over. XD

Hahaha! Yeah I know how that goes! PLus remember they can get additional FEARs/leveled up version as they grow so perhaps as he'd played, you can focus him and find something more appropriate!

Good luck!  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Hitsuzen

Naughty Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:10 pm
Thank you so much for your help and advice! <3

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:30 am
Dude do I REALLY have to make a comment on this jeeze This takes EFFORT your know

ANYWAY he is ALL OF THE ADORKABLES! Very cute, can't wait to see what else you have in store ouo (Likes and dislikes are always a easy one |D)

as for FEAR attacks for later on, a quick google (and wiki) of sphinxes mention that hey incredible strength so you could always do something with that? <3  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:16 pm
Looks clear for all approval pert things and canon things!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:24 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Halloween certing thread

- Horseman certing thread

- Hunter certing thread

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

Hitsuzen

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas