Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:49 am
Lithiasaur

User Image

The white cheetah blended well with his surroundings except for the pink and black along his back and tail. Carles lay in the snow with a piece of ice in front of him. Though the snow was cold against his belly he didn't move. He stared at the ice block which seemed to echo his thoughts. Carles took pride that he was an ice carver now.

Today however he'd literally come up against a block. Nothing was coming to him. No ideas, no inspiration. Carles heaved a sigh and took a moment to glance around. There didn't seem to be any inspiration around together either. With a frown the cheetah went back to staring at the block of ice.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:35 am
magnadearel

Rizardon was adjusting well to life in the cold. Maybe the flames that colored the tuft of fur on his tail gave him a false sense of warmth all the time. Or maybe he was just built for this sort of life, this sort of weather. Whatever the case, he was liking his new home and he was happy to have finally found a place he could live in, come home to, but then head out and explore other areas as much as he wanted. He did not feel confined, and that was a very important detail to him.

He did not want to feel like he had been captured by some place.

His new job was fun, as well. He liked to carve out dens for others and throw himself into his labor so he could do as much as he could, and work until he was worn down. He was a large, strong lion, so physical labor was great for him. He was padding along and saw some ice, looking surprised when he nearly tripped over the cheetah that was laying on the ground.

"Whoa!" He looked down at the wiry creature, not too well versed in the other species around the lands. He saw the block of ice and then looked back at the cheetah, backing up a few steps. "What are you doing?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:57 am
Lithiasaur

The cheetah blinked up at the lion in equal surprise. He had been so focused on trying to come up with an idea that he didn't think to warn the lion he was there. Plus he'd almost been tripped on. Having a large lion like that land on him would not have been comfortable.

"It's more what I'm not doing. You see, I'm not carving this block of ice for I have no inspiration into what to carve." Carles sounded mournful. Though he spoke, his eyes were over the lion. The coloring was unique and fascinating. "What are you doing?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:51 pm
magnadearel

"Oh."

Rizardon was an ice carver, as far as his position in the pride went, but his focus was not on art or creature. He dug out ice so other lions could have homes and he left all the fine tuning to others. He did the grunt work, and kept his large body strong and healthy for the labor. His was not a brain meant for the finer arts, and he knew it.

"I was just walking around, I guess. Thinking about seeing if anyone needed a den dug out, or if anyone's had some snow ins. You know, the usual work. You're trying to make this ice into something? Like what... like a tree or something?"

He tilted his head, not understanding art or things like it at all. It seemed like a lot of effort for something that did not have, at least as far as he knew, an immediate use. Maybe one day he would learn what it was to make something and feel pride in it, but that was not today.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:50 am
Lithiasaur

While it seemed a great disaster to Carles, his companion didn't appear to think so. He wrinkled his nose a moment to hear that the lion only did crude work. It wasn't much but it was ice work. Building dens didn't interest the cheetah overly much, but making things of ice for others to enjoy did.

"Don't they come to you if they want some ice or something?" He looked at the ice block with a mournful nod then stared at the lion in horror. A tree?! Tha...that was like asking him to carve the ice into grass! Carles coughed, "uh yeah or something. I just need inspiration..." He trailed off as he stared at the lion. There was something about him that was tickling the back of his mind but he couldn't put his paw on it right then.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:22 am
magnadearel

Rizardon looked perplexed at the cheetah's reaction. The big lion did not have much room in his mind for things like this, and he was more often than not just left confused by ideas of art and the like. He wondered why the cheetah was content to do something that seemed to make him so upset.

"Well, what kinds of things do you usually carve?"

If he didn't do trees, then Rizardon was not sure what to suggest. But he did want to help, because it seemed like a big deal, and it would not be very nice to just abandon Carles to his woeful pondering without at least trying to help a little bit.

"Do you like flowers better? Or a lion?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:39 pm
Lithiasaur

It was gratifying the lion didn't just brush him off. Carles didn't have the strength of body to move huge blocks of ice as the lion did. Didn't mean he didn't appreciate the work. Though unsuited for that he'd found another occupation he could do. Unfortunately making holes in the ice was deadly dull and required none of his skills.

"Well normally I work with natural materials, which are hard to find with all this snow and ice." He loved natural things and remaking them. Carles considered the other suggestions. "Flowers are sort of easier, and a lion would be definitely easier. Though I don't have anyone to carve, and who wants an unknown lion carving in their house?" It seemed rather silly to him. If Rizardon wanted a carving of himself, that would be another matter.

The subject of nature and natural patterns was rolling around in the back of his mind. There was something there that he just wasn't quite grasping. Something simple and yet important. Carles let his eyes wander, and naturally they went back to the lion standing nearby. He looked so bright in this cold landscape. His tail looked like.... like.... "FIRE!" The cheetah jumped up eagerly and practically tried to pounce the poor lion's tail for a better look.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:43 pm
magnadearel

Rizardon frowned at him thoughtfully.

"I guess I wouldn't want a lion I didn't know in my house. As a carving anyway. Or as an uninvited guest, I guess, though that's not really what we're talking about. Uh. Well maybe you could..."

Thoughts were difficult for him when it came to focusing them on things like art. He just thought of practical things that were boring and plain, like dens. Simple, but necessary, and no one paid that too much attention once they had one. Just like he did not pay attention to arty things, he supposed, though many did like having accents and unique things to call their own.

He would not say no, he thought, if someone offered to carve him something out of ice. It seemed interesting now that he was aware it was a thing others did.

When the cheetah jumped on him, though, he was not prepared, and he reared back in surprise. He caught himself, though, and lowered himself back to his four paws, holding himself still and moving his tail back to the cheetah so he could get a look at it.

"Oh, yeah. It's not real fire, obviously, but I mean."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:25 pm
Lithiasaur

Carles looked up with an awkward grin from his prone position. He realized the lion could have very well misinterpreted his motive and done him harm. The lion was much bigger than he after all. With as much dignitity as he could muster, Carles slowly pulled himself back to his feet with an embarrassed cough.

"Ah... sorry. I just was struck with an inspiration for my ice when I saw your tail." He felt as he needed to offer the lion an explanation for his odd behavior. The cheetah nodded, accepting the tail wasn't real fire, but it put him in mind of. Another grin as the lion allowed him to examine his tail more closely. "Thank you. Do you mind waiting here a bit while I get this started?"

"If you wanted an ice carving looking somewhat like you, and were willing to pose for it, I could do a reasonable job." The cheetah offered offhandedly. He had moved back toward his ice and was starting to rough out lines on the ice with his claws. Occasionally, he would glance up to stare at the tail.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 pm
magnadearel

Rizardon was a very passive lion, most of the time. He was not the kind to just attack someone without a good reason, even if that reason was usually because they had agreed on a fight. He was not interested in getting himself hurt or crippled because he picked some stupid fight: he took far too much pride in his work and his life for that.

He was a little confused, but that was pretty common for him. He reacted to this confusion the same way he did most others. He stood there and waited for it to make sense.

"Oh, I don't mind," he said, when the cheetah asked him to stay. He was not sure he understood what was going on, something about inspiration and the ice, but he was not sure why anyone would want to carve his tail.

"You could do that? Well, if you're doing just the tail, that would be good, too. I mean. What are you doing?" He frowned. Art was just so complicated.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:35 pm
Lithiasaur

The cheetah looked up from his work. He gave a shrug; he was fairly confident in his abilities. "I could make it look reasonably like you." Some lions were incredibly vain and having an ice sculpture of themselves would make them happy. "If you didn't want it of yourself, I could do something else if you gave me a suggestion of what you wanted."

Carles looked fondly at the ice. "Your tail reminded me fire. Thus I intend to carve this block to look like flames." It would be sparkling by the time he got done with it. "I just need you until I got the rough lines done. You're not busy now right?" He realized that he needed to make sure the lion didn't have plans right away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:40 pm
magnadearel

"Oh, so you're not just carving my tail."

He almost sounded disappointed. He had gotten fond of the idea of having a sculpture of his tail, for some odd reason. He had never thought he wanted one, of course, and would never come up with the idea himself. Maybe that would be what he asked for, if he ever had the cheetah carve him something out of ice. He did not want to impose, though, and was at least glad he could serve as inspiration.

It was the first time he had ever inspired anything, as far as he knew.

"I'm not busy! I can stay here as long as you need my tail, I don't mind. It wasn't doing anything important, either." He was not worried about that, he had all the time in the world since he mostly made his own schedule unless he was digging a den for someone and had to have the ice cleared out as soon as possible. Thankfully, that was not the case at the moment.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 pm
Lithiasaur
Wrap up?

He gave a laugh, "I could carve a fluffy tail." Did the lion really want an ice sculpture of his tail? "I would need another block of ice though." Carles eyed him with new appreciation. This lion was strong and used blocks of ice in his building. He could be a very useful friend to have.

"Great this won't take long!" The cheetah immediately set to work. He examined the ice from all angles and occasionally glanced at the lion's tail. Soon his claws were digging lines into the ice. A rough shape started to form as Carles scratched areas he'd need to take ice away. "I'm grateful for your help. I'd like to make a proposition to you. If you can supply me with ice blocks, I'll give you carvings now and then to do whatever you'd like with." The lion could keep them or give them away as gifts. Very useful.

A couple more scratches and he sat back to eye the piece once more. "That'll do for now! It'll take me a couple of days to finish it."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:45 pm
magnadearel
FIN from me! Thanks =]

"I'll bring you a block of ice, then," Rizardon said, not reading minds but still able to catch the cheetah's drift. He nodded his head as if it were his idea alone, and he was offering out of the goodness of his heart, which really, he was. He wanted to be helpful, if this guy was going to give him an ice sculpture.

Of his tail, no less!

"A deal? I like that deal. I don't mind helping you, even if you don't do me carvings." Though if he got pieces of himself each time he would be able to build a big Rizardon ice statue somewhere. Because that was certainly an idea.

He smiled, happy with his new job, thinking it could be fun and he might actually learn something about art that expanded his horizons a little bit. He was not exactly well educated, after all, so any help he could get was well appreciated.

"Thank you again! I'll come find you again and you can tell me how often you want me to bring you ice. Good luck on your sculpture." He nodded his head and moved away, swishing his tail behind him and smiling to himself.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Zizimisha'Mwili Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas