Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Horace Nokoni the Death Hunterrrrrrr - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:21 am
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Horace Nokoni
Nicknames: lots of unpleasant things he'd rather not hear again, most notably "whore a**" so original
Category: Death
Horace likes being prepared, and so should you.

The Weapon

Name: Dr. Jannisari
Nicknames: Doctor, Dr. J
Type of Weapon: Spiked Tekko probably less shiny new than those haha, but I dunno - just have fun
Former species of weapon: plague doctor - undead

-Personalities:

Horace:
Not surprisingly, Horace sees Deus as a way to reinvent himself. This time he won't take s**t from anyone, right? He'll stand up for himself and when someone picks a fight he'll finish it. Or, he hopes so. In reality, he's still highly susceptible to flattery and praise. He's gotten so little that even when it's false, Horace delights in it. He's just a boy who wants to be useful and appreciated, after all. And Horace is capable of unswerving loyalty to those he considers friends. Conversely, anyone who's immediately antagonistic causes his guard to raise and Horace to lash out in return. He's had more than enough of bullies in his life.

He's determined not to fail this time. Because he does view his life in Oklahoma as a failure - he's always thought of himself as the kid with no real ambitions, the kind who would end up working at the gas station for the rest of his life. The kind of aimless kid he was before, the Horace content with merely existing, won't cut it in Deus and he knows that.

(he's going to shift and change as he reinvents himself through Deus of course yay!)

Likes: tv shows, wifi, coconut, rainy days, puzzles, video games, romance novels >_>
Dislikes: bullies, black coffee, swimming, FPS

Jannisari:
As a Halloweener, she was ambitious in her pursuit of knowledge, often adopting an 'anything goes' approach to the acquisition of it. A self-styled doctor, everything in her focused on the next experiment, the next sample, the next try at greatness. As a result, Jannisari honed her manipulative abilities carefully, in order to easily rope in new subjects for her not-always-pleasant tests. Largely, this has not changed even after weaponization. Dr. Jannisari was promised a different kind of greatness in this new form, a chance to study Fear in a new light. Perhaps if she truly remembered these promises, she would be disappointed. But for now, she enjoys twisting her eloquent words around Horace, berating him, bolstering him, recording his various reactions to her, to creatures from Halloween, to life. Horace is her new subject, and, for now, she will try to push them to greatness. Her words are an insidious insecurity in his mind that rise to a giddy fever-pitch in battle. This is the only time the stern doctor delights: when these tekkos pound into another's flesh. For scientific purposes, of course.

-Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
Rural Oklahoma is, for all intents and purposes, a s**t hole. Who wouldn't want to get out?

Horace had always seen weird shadows out in the woods behind his house, things moving that shouldn't, trees twisting. After confused stares and admonishments to stop telling stories, he simply learned to ignore them. It came as quite a shock when Deus came by and told him he wasn't just 'seeing things' after all.

Between school and home, honestly, Horace didn't see a reason to stick around. And Deus promised him a way to get stronger, better, greater than the wimp he was.

-Weapon Ability
T2: The Chill
A Hearty Diagnosis
Horace touches his tekkos together and a spark rises from them to land on either himself or the target. A sense of grudging disappointment washes over them: Jannisari's rare (and immensely begrudging) push of support. As a result, the target feels renewed, re-energized.

-Physical Description:

Eye Colour: pale blue, wears red glasses (square plastic frames)
Hair Colour/Style: long black hair, one side shaved wears it down a lot - hella shiny, straight as a stick so long so luscious you know you wanna touch it
Skin Colour: Native American (specifically part of the Oklahoma Comanche Nation) skintone ref 1 or you can use skintone ref 2
Clothing Style/Colours: wears a few jelly wristbands on each arm, whatever colors. He wears an argyle sweater over a collared shirt (both sleeveless)- colors are CC (idk maybe purple - whatever). Pants are ripped pants or shorts of some sort & he wears burnt orange sneakers. Has some silver earrings & snakebites & stuff, idk go wild (dude likes accessories, just not rings)
[note: it doesn't show, but he's got his tongue pierced too)
-Coat: no sleeves, can have a fun collar or epaulets as you wish, normal length DUDE IDK GIVE IT FRINGEEEEE
-Scarf: idk brown or grey or some color it doesn't really matter
Extra: 6'. bara in training. just cuz he's trying to be muscly doesn't mean he knows how to defend himself for s**t. basically, Horace is weak although he's got the capability for beefcake-iness. (and ya'll know Deus cranks out beefcakes like it's my birthday) generally has a tense smile on his face or just looks vaguely worried. He has a couple of tattoos - bands around his upper arms. These tattoos have no real meaning, so they are CC
References:

lalalalallala extra bitsssssssssss

History:
Horace couldn't remember a time when he hadn't lived with his grandmother. A no-nonsense woman, his grandmother worked full time to support him and their little house in rural Oklahoma. His mother, she told him, was deceased, and his father (a no-good runaround cheater she said) also deceased. And that was, unfortunately, the only information he ever got about them. It seemed to pain his grandma to talk about them, so Horace stopped asking. Grandma Dora was everything he needed in a parent anyway.

At night, Horace would stare out his window, into the thick trees where he thought he could see strange shadows. Dark things moved where there shouldn't be movement, trees twisted into odd shapes. Time and again, Grandma Dora told him there was nothing there and to stop asking so many goddamn questions. So, he did what most boys did: he shrugged it off, got on with his life, went to school. And at night, he tried to ignore the shadows in the woods.

School for Horace was a normal affair; he was smart, probably a little too nerdy, but not too smart, and he didn't pick fights. He kept his head down, had a few friends. It was a normal enough school life. Until his junior year, when a rumor blazed through the school that he and three other boys were gay. It wasn't true for some of them, but that didn't matter. In this rural, god-fearing town, the boys were mocked mercilessly by their peers. Teachers tried to intervene and the students took their bullying to after school, to subtle insults, to 'oops it was an accident that I ruined your textbook' while in school. Out of school, it was worse and Horace has a couple of cigarette burns on his collarbone to show for it. Horace learned the quick way home, cutting through the woods, but the escalating verbal and emotional abuse caused the boy to shrink further into himself.

And then, Grandma Dora found out. The disappointment creasing her face was almost worse than the bullying. While she disapproved, she wasn't the sort to abandon her own flesh and blood. Instead, Horace got subjected to a sort of guerrilla religious warfare. Laptop homepage changed to a website about how being gay was evil? Check. Small pamphlets about avoiding sin appearing in the bathroom? Check. Horace wondered how much worse she'd get if she had realized all those visits to friends' houses over the summer were spent making out in the field with Darren. On Saturdays, he would think about yelling out that he liked girls too, just to see the shock that would twist her old, wrinkled face. On Sundays, when she went to church alone, he would watch the forest and think about running away.

So, when Deus came, he left. Horace thought briefly of his grandmother's thin fingers, of the way she might cry, and then, he left. Skedaddled himself right out of Oklahoma and hopefully somewhere where he could have a new start. What did he have left to stay for, anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:24 am
notes: lmao don't read this it's junks

Jannisari -
"Come, together we can be great, I will take you there."
"Oh, I knew it," her voice whispered through his mind, an odd mixture of detachment and disappointment coating each word. "-worthless after all."

"Are you afraid of such a small pain?" The words dripped into Horace's mind, sticky and cloying - fragrant as a rose, deadly as a pestilence. They burned acid into his chest.

"Am I better than others?"
"Than others... perhaps. Because you are mine and will aid me. You are made of finer things - of determination and hope. Better? Maybe. Useful? Yes. Mine. You are worthless without me: a Hunter weaponless. You are only superior until you fail. And then, you will be meaningless. But we will not fail, Horace." Her voice was a dry hiss in his mind; it wrapped around him, studied him, found him... adequate. Horace felt something strange blossom in his chest, an odd sense of belonging. Horace wanted to believe those words (he had no reason not to, right?) and the tiniest sliver of peace they offered. He needed to believe them. And so, he did.

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:31 pm
he looks awesome * v * i love his weapon /touches her

just a very small note but he wouldnt tell his grandma he was leaving for deus! deus recruitment quite literally makes it look as though your hunter is dead/has completely vanished from the face of the earth, so he wouldn't get to say goodbye!

additionally all weapons are of student/teenage age! im not sure if that affects your backstory, but yeah :'D

also if you want your halloweener to have had interactions with the doctor, make sure to check if thats okay with the doctor's player, lizbot! :'D <333  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:45 pm
chiickadee

thank you for the crit <3 <3

- adjusted bit about actual recruitment; thank you I knew I was forgetting something!
- the doctor was actually referring to the weapon, not Dr. H sorry! Have attempted to clear this up c:

I'm really glad you like them 8DD
I just need to add more to Horace's personality c:  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:21 pm
The Semblance of Unity
chiickadee

thank you for the crit <3 <3

- adjusted bit about actual recruitment; thank you I knew I was forgetting something!
- the doctor was actually referring to the weapon, not Dr. H sorry! Have attempted to clear this up c:

I'm really glad you like them 8DD
I just need to add more to Horace's personality c:

OH HAHA NOT DR. H /dead

im so sorry TOO MANY DOCTORS ALS;DFKslkdfj

great changes!! good luck with getting him :'D <33333  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:42 pm
/STAMPS THREAD WITH STICKY SMACK OF APPROVAL I LOVE IT  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:04 pm
A+ nothing amiss as far as I can see rnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn go on young padwanwan  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:38 am
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas