Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Player 3 Joined the Game! (Akarui/Avatefeh/Susumu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:54 pm
User Image
Coming over the mountains was hard work for the duo. They had spent many days near the Jini, or the Mounties, before gathering up the resolve to tackle the trip. It took more effort than either had first thought, but when all was said and done they were coming down the Eastern side of the mountain into the thicker woodlands.

Akarui ran at a light jog, tossing his heavy mane back into the air with a huff of exhaustion. He pranced in a circle before giving in to a sit. His legs were soft under his weight, and the green of his tail looked dull, even with its intense color. Looking behind him he saw Susumu still running to catch up. The larger lion creased his brow in concern. How long had Susumu looked that worn? If he was just now getting tired, then Susumu must have been struggling for much longer.

And struggle he had. Susumu felt like crying his lungs burned so bad, but he hadn’t complained once. By the time the spotted lion made it to Rui’s side he all but collapsed onto the porous ground. “Just…just a little…rest.” He sighed, rubbing his face in the cool, shaded earth. This was a haven on earth.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:06 pm
User Image

It had been days since she'd parted from her nephew and his mate. Avatefeh hadn't been entirely sure of her urge to move on from the only family she'd been able to find, but she'd followed it.

Now... if only she knew what it was she was following.

She'd been following the base of the mountains for the better part of the past two days, and had seen no sign of anything other than the ambient life in the area. She was about ready to stop for a rest when she saw.. was that something blue ahead? It had vanished into the woods though... Ava hesitantly headed for where the blue had gone. If it was another lion, maybe they could give her a hint of where she was going?

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:49 pm
"We're being followed." Akarui twisted his head, ears folding as he scanned the area as best he could. The larger male was on constant high alert to the point that it put his state of mind on edge.

Susumu snorted into the dirt, and rolled into a sitting position. "So what if we are? We don't live here, and it's probably just someone making sure the coast is clear." Clearing his throat, the brighter lion called out, "It's alright! We're just passing through! You can come o-!" He nearly choked on his own tongue when Akarui placed a heavy paw over his mouth and pushed him down.

"You're going to get us killed," he hissed. There was definitely something following them, and he wasn't so sure it would be as friendly as what Susumu expected it to be.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:04 pm
Ears perking, Ava actually paused when the voice called out. That.. was unusual to hear outside of a pride. Maybe it was a trap? ..Or, what if they actually were that friendly?

Eyes and ears alert, she took a few steps closer to where the voice had called from. "Er.. hello? I was wondering if you could point me toward any nearby prides," she called back, her voice gentle but firm. If they were just passing through, they might not know either. "I'm rather passing through as well."

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:12 pm
Oh s**t. Susumu hadn't actually expected anyone to answer his call, and now, looking over his shoulder, he was a little apprehensive. The young male looked to Akarui, who had a 'I told you so' face before looking back at...a very attractive female. It was enough to get the normally smooth talking male to feel a skip in his heart.

"I'm afraid we don't know where the nearest pride is," Akarui stated simply. He wasn't being unkind to the lioness, just wary. He stood taller, which was taller than most rogue males, and with his broad silver chest he made quite the image. "We're travelers the same as you, as my friend here blurted out earlier."

Susumu laughed awkwardly and coughed into his paw. "We're searching for a pride, though, if you'd like to come with us. It would mean you wouldn't have to be on your own."

"Susumu," Rui warned. "We just met her. There could be others....She hardly knows us, and we don't know her."

"So? Doesn't hurt to be nice."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:28 pm
Another couple steps, and Ava could finally see who had called out to her. Two males lions on their own? Head tilting, she looked over to the speaker, a rather intimidating but strong figure, and she sighed. Well, it had been worth a try.

She was about to apologize for disturbing them, but the blue male spoke up quicker than she did. Her eyes darted over to him, widening just slightly at his offer. Traveling with two strange males? That would surely be a recipe for disaster!

Yet, looking between the two males, she felt her maw lift with a little smile. It was rather amusing to see the obvious differences in the two personalities before her. And, really... the blue male looked rather sweet, and strong himself. Tail swaying slowly, she cleared her throat. "Besides, there is only one way to get to know someone, correct?" She bowed her head slightly. "My name is Avatefeh, and, if you would be so kind, I would be happy to join your journey for at least a short time." At the least, they would make hunting easier, and she wouldn't be such an easy target as a single lion walking around.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:24 pm
"You've got nothing to worry about here, miss. I know my word doesn't mean much now, but I swear we're not as scary as he looks." Susumu teased, grinning at the grouchy Akarui. He leaned casually to the side, taking his paw to scratch an itch behind his ear.

A loud, lumbering sigh came from within Akarui. Not because a stranger was joining their group, but because most females came without any real knowledge of how to care for themselves. He would not only be looking after his partner, but Avatefeh as well. "Forgive me, Avatefeh, I don't mean to sound rude, but do you have any survival skills? Can you hunt, fish, fight?"

"Rui, that is rude." Susumu snorted. "You've probably guessed it by now, but my name is Susumu and this jerk is Akarui. He's too practical for his own good."

Cornetified

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:55 pm
Ears twitching, Ava giggled softly at Susumu's playful manner. "That's good to know~"

Gaze turning toward the larger of the males, her head cocked slightly as he began. Her brow rose curiously, a little surprised by the question. Again, she couldn't help laughing at Susumu's tone as he scolded the stern lion. Still, she looked right at Akarui, and made a point of turning in a circle in place. "I am here in one piece. I'd say I've done a decent job of taking care of myself. I parted from another small group a while back, so it isn't as though I left a big pride yesterday on a whim. ..I can appreciate your concern, Akarui, but you needn't worry. I am not simply another mouth to feed, nor simply another back to guard." She smiled confidently, looking between the two. If she truly did end up joining with them, it would be an interesting trip, surely.

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:16 am
Cornetified

Akarui gave her a sort of assessing look in return. "Yes, yes, I see that. You do seem to be in good health..." Though, she had never really answered any of his questions. She may have had skills to keep food in her stomach, but that didn't mean they would benefit him in the least.

For all Rui knew they could very well have been taking in a drifter, or a bandit. The whole ordeal made him uneasy. "I suppose you can stay. For now."

Susumu's demeanor brightened by leagues. He moved closer to Ava to stand at her side, the little natural sway in his hips only bolstered by a natural happiness. "This is awesome; we can swap information and hunting is going to be so much easier now with twelve paws instead of eight." He smiled, his orchid eyes twinkling.

"We'd best get a move on though, if we want to find somewhere to camp before nightfall." Looking to his partner, he noticed that Rui was still puffing over something. Giving into an aggrieved sigh, the smaller male moved to his brights side and bumped his shoulder with his own. "Is that how you attract women? Brooding? You know that only works if you have a fancy title, right?"

"Wha-? I was not brooding!"

Susumu grinned. "Yeah, uh huh, sure you weren't."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:10 pm
The approval to stick around brought up a grateful smile. "Thank you, Akarui. I appreciate your generosity." She looked over as Susumu came closer, and giggled. He was certainly excitable. "I am sure this will be a benefit to us all."

She cocked her head slightly as Susumu skipped ahead to Akarui's side, hoping nothing was wrong. Still, she let that thought go quickly. At the worst, Akarui would change his mind and tell her to leave, then it would be back to how it usually was. She didn't catch Susumu's words, but Akarui's exclamation made her ears perk. Brooding? Well, it was natural for him to be wary, she supposed. She was still a stranger to them...

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:33 am
Cornetified
Fin. c:

Susumu gave Akarui a good natured punch to the shoulder, and laughed at the look given to him. The big lug really worried too much, which was almost adorable if he thought about it long enough. Like a real mother hen! Rui likely wouldn't think it was as cute as he did, though, so he kept his mouth shut.

"We should find some fermented fruit, and celebrate. There has to be some around here somewhere." He craned his neck, trying to spot a fruit tree anywhere near them. Wouldn't that just be the best way to kick off this trip?

Akarui placed a large grey paw on the back of Susumu's rump and pushed him forward. He resisted the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose, though he did groan loud enough for the Gods themselves to hear. "That is the LAST thing you need right now. What we need to do is keep moving. There are shelters to build, food to find..." The list went on in his mind, but Rui often prattled on about things he knew Susumu would likely tune out. It was just their relationship; to think the other was a blathering fool.

At least now he had help with his excitable friend. That was always a plus.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games