Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Vibrant as Autumn leaves (Kalila/T'chal)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:17 am
It was a pleasant evening to be completely honest. Autumn leaves in other parts of the world would announce the season, but Kalila knew it instead from the change in the Courts and the dens she'd taken on as a child of Mab. The season was beginning to wane and soon Samhain would be upon the land, and the Autumn Court had to be prepared to bury the old year and welcome the new. To this end, Kalila was prepared to hunt, steal, and decieve if needed, although it was not common in her nature to do so. Still, it was evening and she had a kill to prepare, and the cheetah moved in the open dragging a small waterbuck along slowly.

After all, soon fresh blood might bless the pride, and she, for one, hoped to see it soon, glancing about idly as she took a break.

Twilight Jaws

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:04 am
Funny the things that one noticed when one started to really pay attention, T'chal thought idly as he gnawed and clawed at a bit of rotten wood. Really, it was too small to make a proper drum. T'chal liked big, booming drumbeats that reverberated through his bones. This little thing wouldn't give him that. It's tone would be thin and sharp. But it might add a nice, cutting emphasis to the voices of the singers.

Taking a short break, he spat out a sliver of foul tasting wood and sat up to stretch. Soon enough he caught sight of a female dragging a waterbuck behind her.

"Care for some help there?" he called out cheerfully

NovaCracker

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:55 am
Twilight Jaws

Kalila's ears pricked when she was greeted by a Courtmate, the female smiling warmly as she approached, nodding a bit cheerfully.

"It would be appreciated." She admitted gently. "If you like, you may keep the pelt after in exchange?"

The female eyed his wood, smiling warmly. Yes, if he crafted anything, a gold but strong piece of skin always helped.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:54 am
Eyes glinting a little in pleasure at the thought of a hide in exchange for help, T'chal nodded agreeably.

"Fair deal," he said, rising to his feet and padding over. Glancing at the beast, he turned and gave the female a bit of an impish smile.

"Heads or tails, missus? With two of us carrying or dragging, the work shouldn't take long."

If they each took a leg, maybe on opposite sides, he thought. Between the two of them, they might even be able to lift the body and carry it. It would be awkward, but it could be done. Quickly, he shared his thought with the female before wrapping with a, "What do you think?"

And then, because it wouldn't do to be rude, he followed it up with a hasty introduction.

"T'chal."

NovaCracker

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:02 am
Twilight Jaws

"Heads I think. I'm afraid following the things all day left me little interest for the other end." She nodded, sighing good-naturedly, and smiled, bowing her head politely.

"I am Kalila, T'chal, a pleasure." The female smiled, grinning faintly. as she moved to lift.

"Keeping busy?" She asked calmly. No sense not chatting.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:20 am
Chuckling a little in appreciation for her sense of humor, T'chal moved to the other side of the buck and hunkered down a little in preparation of latching on to the haunch with his teeth.

"Pleasure's all mine, Kalila. Not everyday I get to help a lady and get a fine hide out of the bargain."

He gave the buck a test bite and nodded to himself. Nice and meaty, he'd have no problems holding on.

"Oh, just the usual. Trying to make a drum and making sure I know all the words to the songs needed for Samhain. Yourself?"

NovaCracker

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 am
Twilight Jaws

"Oh, odds and ends. Hunting for Winter. Hunting for Samhain. Helping here and therte."

She smiled them, perking.

"A new drum? That sounds rather nice." Kalila was quite fond of the soundsinstruments made by bards made - she had no talent for music, but the sound was lovely, and she nosed the cuck carefully to find a point before lifting it, smiling.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:23 am
"Hopefully it will be," he answered easily before taking his own place and seizing the haunch in his teeth and lifting.

Yes, he'd been right, with the two of them working together, transporting this thing would go much more quickly. Concentrating on keeping pace with Kalila, he allowed himself to breathe in the scent on the dead buck. It smelled tasty and reminded him that he would need to hunt soon. In the meantime, he would help and think about the hide that he would be gaining. Clearly the buck had been healthy, its hide would reflect that.

And he did enjoy crafting quality products.

NovaCracker

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:33 am
Twilight Jaws

Kalila beamed as they moved - two carrying a meal was significantly easier, and the young female was perfectly contented moving the waterbuck along. The help was worth as hide she couldn't use, and he did seem excited. Good - always good. Admittedly, Kalila did rather like seeing others in the pride happy; even the Seelie when they behaved, and she offered a kindly purr to T'chal gratefully as they paused for breath, sitting.

"I do appreciate this, T'chal. So are you looking forwards to the new yuear?" She asked gently, ears pricking.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:22 am
"I'm always happy to help," T'chal answered cheerfully. "I must say I rather am looking forward. New years always bring interesting new experiences with them."

He stretched carefully as he spoke, his mind half on the drum that he was working on, the other half on the here and now.

"What of you, Kalila? Are you excited for the new year?"

He was genuinely curious about her answer.

NovaCracker

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:26 am
Twilight Jaws

"Mmm, very!" The female beamed and Kalila smiled brightly to him. "New Years are a gift, I think. Nice and pleasant and full of surprises."

Especially surprises! She was rather fond of those to be truthful, and the girl smiled a bit more.

"I suppose I like a little excitement, though. How about you? Do you like surprises? Excitement?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:19 am
Kalila's smile was infectious and T'chall couldn't help but return the expression.

"Hrmm, I suppose I like surprises and excitement well enough. At least when they stay on the benign side of things. I'm not so fond of either when they come with nasty little guests like plague or raiders. I suppose I tend to prefer pleasant company and my music when it comes down to it."

He gave a slightly sheepish shrug and ducked his head. It wasn't that he wasn't brave. He thought he was. But against sickness or large raiding bands, there wasn't a whole lot he could do.

NovaCracker

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:22 am
Twilight Jaws

"I agree about plague and raiders, admittedly." Kalila shook her head, frowning.

:The less danger the better. Although less Seelie is also good. The Summer Court is too..."

She had to think of the right words.

"Chaotic."

Was that polite? She wasn't sure. Nor fond of the Summer Court at all, and Kalila decided to re-focus on the male in front of her.

"Music is a good thing to enjoy, though. It's very powerful, I think."  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff