Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply The School of Dedicated Role Players
▶Adorkable Little Lurker's 1x1 search◀ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Omniscient Muse

Wheezing Genius

16,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:48 pm
-Adorkable Little Lurker-

I feel ya, insta love stories bore me lol
Anyhow may I politely inquire to your age? (if its easier, PM me it)

I'm more than happy to discuss plots on this thread, and so far the Beauty and the Beast one sounds most appealing, although I also like the angel and prince idea just as much so it was a close call 4laugh

And yeah, although the original tale pretty much depicted princey poo as some poor dude who just rejected the wrong girl who happened to be a witch, I always felt for him to be flawed (like how disney at least showed he was a bit of a jerk, whilst still showing some loveable traits later on in the film: he didn't just reject someone, he rejected someone who could've easily died in a repulsive manner, and he was still a jerk later regardless until he bonded with someone) was much more fitting for the tale so I like where you're taking that character smile

I'm 22 years old.

I agree that there's a certain darkness that just begs to be played with the beast, it seems that playing him as just some poor unfortunate soul is playing too much of a victim game. Oh, no, there should definitely be some reasoning behind why he's cursed, some character flaws. I enjoy the beast as a withdrawn sort of figure, cut off from his fellow man even before becoming cursed. Someone who really doesn't often consider the happiness of others before his own, and because of this, ends up cursed and unhappy himself. To be expected to find somebody to love before he can be fixed sort of requires that he has to learn how to care about somebody other than himself.. and it's no easy task!
I have a few ideas for how I could play him, I think it could be fun to play with a less typical "beast" form as well. A form that might render him less capable of communication. Something a little more crippling. Maybe he turns into a big hairy beast, but he isn't walking around on two legs, he isn't speaking human tongues anymore. It could give a rather dramatic divide between the day and the night. During the day he takes on a nasty monstrous appearance and people really could mistake him for some kind of wild animal until they realize that he's not acting like a wild animal, he still acts like himself... just... minus opposable thumbs among other things.
Then it's not just a quest of learning to be less of a jerk so he can love somebody else, but learning to trust enough to show her what he is, when the sun is up. To be bold enough to share that side of himself before they can really be close to one another.

I'd see him as somebody who at first may run into her at night at some point, in his human form. She could see him and interact with him there, at first... but how are we going to stick them closer together? Are we going to go a similar route to the original story, or did you have other ideas?

Obviously anything I've suggested here is open to input, let me know what you think.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:47 am
Der Kindernacht

I'm more than happy to discuss plots on this thread, and so far the Beauty and the Beast one sounds most appealing, although I also like the angel and prince idea just as much so it was a close call 4laugh

And yeah, although the original tale pretty much depicted princey poo as some poor dude who just rejected the wrong girl who happened to be a witch, I always felt for him to be flawed (like how disney at least showed he was a bit of a jerk, whilst still showing some loveable traits later on in the film: he didn't just reject someone, he rejected someone who could've easily died in a repulsive manner, and he was still a jerk later regardless until he bonded with someone) was much more fitting for the tale so I like where you're taking that character smile

I'm 22 years old.

I agree that there's a certain darkness that just begs to be played with the beast, it seems that playing him as just some poor unfortunate soul is playing too much of a victim game. Oh, no, there should definitely be some reasoning behind why he's cursed, some character flaws. I enjoy the beast as a withdrawn sort of figure, cut off from his fellow man even before becoming cursed. Someone who really doesn't often consider the happiness of others before his own, and because of this, ends up cursed and unhappy himself. To be expected to find somebody to love before he can be fixed sort of requires that he has to learn how to care about somebody other than himself.. and it's no easy task!
I have a few ideas for how I could play him, I think it could be fun to play with a less typical "beast" form as well. A form that might render him less capable of communication. Something a little more crippling. Maybe he turns into a big hairy beast, but he isn't walking around on two legs, he isn't speaking human tongues anymore. It could give a rather dramatic divide between the day and the night. During the day he takes on a nasty monstrous appearance and people really could mistake him for some kind of wild animal until they realize that he's not acting like a wild animal, he still acts like himself... just... minus opposable thumbs among other things.
Then it's not just a quest of learning to be less of a jerk so he can love somebody else, but learning to trust enough to show her what he is, when the sun is up. To be bold enough to share that side of himself before they can really be close to one another.

I'd see him as somebody who at first may run into her at night at some point, in his human form. She could see him and interact with him there, at first... but how are we going to stick them closer together? Are we going to go a similar route to the original story, or did you have other ideas?

Obviously anything I've suggested here is open to input, let me know what you think.

Ah funnily enough a lovely rewrite of the tale mentioned how beast was too large to do normal tasks- his claws would damage the items he wanted to use, and he was probably clumsier due to his larger form anyway. So I do agree with him having communication/movement issues, as it'll work nicely into his overall character.

As for getting them to get close to one another and how that'll work into the plot, I think it'll be nice to keep some elements of the original in there and throw in some new ones as we go. The item stolen from him doesn't need to be a rose, as for the character you're describing I can almost immediately see him being more annoyed over someone taking a fine spool of thread or a golden candle than over a flower. The only other two things worth considering working in are the marriage proposals every night, and the fact that mirrors and portraits are kept hidden, and I'm more than happy to give you free reign over those two.

And honestly if beauty (to be named later) was only expecting a beast, she could quite easily think that his human form to be someone else entirely- someone else in her situation with her, a butler, a poor man who had wandered into the castle like her father, so there are plenty of ways from which their first encounter in that form could play out.

Currently my idea of beauty for this role is a hardworking tailors daughter, who works with her sisters in a clothing store. Her sisters are spoilt, but kind, and tend to the register and help sell the clothing whilst beauty and her father are behind the clothes they sell, which vary from fancy ballgowns and everyday clothes to hunting leathers. As most beauty characters go, she has a simple life, moving to a small town after her father's luck had run down, leading him to lose a large amount of money when he and her mother were on a business trip only to encounter pirates. They stole everything valuable and his wife was killed in the process. I'm considering making her a gatherer-hunter-tailor type, someone who gets up early in the morning to gather her supplies for work, and then uses them to work for the rest of the day, and lives a rather simple life and is often fawned over by her sisters who treat her like a doll. (I'm not going for the typical evil sister thing, sure they may be a bit oblivious and spoilt, but they're good at heart and care for their younger sister as a mother would, as their own is gone. In short they try to teach her what they think is best but they are different to beauty in the end.)

And thats what I've got so far, save for a couple of images sorted out for her appearance. 3nodding  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Omniscient Muse

Wheezing Genius

16,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:20 pm
Der Kindernacht

I'm 22 years old.

Ah funnily enough a lovely rewrite of the tale mentioned how beast was too large to do normal tasks- his claws would damage the items he wanted to use, and he was probably clumsier due to his larger form anyway. So I do agree with him having communication/movement issues, as it'll work nicely into his overall character.

As for getting them to get close to one another and how that'll work into the plot, I think it'll be nice to keep some elements of the original in there and throw in some new ones as we go. The item stolen from him doesn't need to be a rose, as for the character you're describing I can almost immediately see him being more annoyed over someone taking a fine spool of thread or a golden candle than over a flower. The only other two things worth considering working in are the marriage proposals every night, and the fact that mirrors and portraits are kept hidden, and I'm more than happy to give you free reign over those two.

And honestly if beauty (to be named later) was only expecting a beast, she could quite easily think that his human form to be someone else entirely- someone else in her situation with her, a butler, a poor man who had wandered into the castle like her father, so there are plenty of ways from which their first encounter in that form could play out.

Currently my idea of beauty for this role is a hardworking tailors daughter, who works with her sisters in a clothing store. Her sisters are spoilt, but kind, and tend to the register and help sell the clothing whilst beauty and her father are behind the clothes they sell, which vary from fancy ballgowns and everyday clothes to hunting leathers. As most beauty characters go, she has a simple life, moving to a small town after her father's luck had run down, leading him to lose a large amount of money when he and her mother were on a business trip only to encounter pirates. They stole everything valuable and his wife was killed in the process. I'm considering making her a gatherer-hunter-tailor type, someone who gets up early in the morning to gather her supplies for work, and then uses them to work for the rest of the day, and lives a rather simple life and is often fawned over by her sisters who treat her like a doll. (I'm not going for the typical evil sister thing, sure they may be a bit oblivious and spoilt, but they're good at heart and care for their younger sister as a mother would, as their own is gone. In short they try to teach her what they think is best but they are different to beauty in the end.)

And thats what I've got so far, save for a couple of images sorted out for her appearance. 3nodding

I've been trying to consider his beastly form, I'm thinking something lion-inspired could be interesting. Hear me out: rich prince with a family crest that includes a lion on it, gets cursed to spend his days as some sort of mutated lion monstrosity. I think it could be interesting. Still something I'm working on, though.

If you're thinking about keeping the marriage proposals, would that imply she might think of his human self as probably some royal prisoner of his? So she assumes that he has a prince held captive, same as she is, only she doesn't see the prince most of the time. Perhaps she might think that the beast, during the day, is able to keep the prince locked up in a room or something--and he sneaks around at night. Otherwise, if she mistook the prince's human form for something like a butler, would it work better that he makes the proposition vaguely? Even plays along as though he's a butler, asking for her hand on behalf of the beast. Then again, it seems out of character for him to pretend to be something lesser.

I think he'd probably more likely just go along with her assumption that he, as a human, was a distinct and different individual from the beast.

I've somewhat got an idea of what I want the prince to look like, however, how should I go about getting pictures? I could draw one, but I have a feeling that might seem somewhat out of place, as I tend to draw more in a semi-realistic manner than anime. If that sounds like a bad idea, I'll find an image somewhere.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:26 am
Der Kindernacht
Der Kindernacht

I'm 22 years old.

I've been trying to consider his beastly form, I'm thinking something lion-inspired could be interesting. Hear me out: rich prince with a family crest that includes a lion on it, gets cursed to spend his days as some sort of mutated lion monstrosity. I think it could be interesting. Still something I'm working on, though.

If you're thinking about keeping the marriage proposals, would that imply she might think of his human self as probably some royal prisoner of his? So she assumes that he has a prince held captive, same as she is, only she doesn't see the prince most of the time. Perhaps she might think that the beast, during the day, is able to keep the prince locked up in a room or something--and he sneaks around at night. Otherwise, if she mistook the prince's human form for something like a butler, would it work better that he makes the proposition vaguely? Even plays along as though he's a butler, asking for her hand on behalf of the beast. Then again, it seems out of character for him to pretend to be something lesser.

I think he'd probably more likely just go along with her assumption that he, as a human, was a distinct and different individual from the beast.

I've somewhat got an idea of what I want the prince to look like, however, how should I go about getting pictures? I could draw one, but I have a feeling that might seem somewhat out of place, as I tend to draw more in a semi-realistic manner than anime. If that sounds like a bad idea, I'll find an image somewhere.

A crest inspired beast form I like the idea of, and as for the butler/prince, that's up to you as you know his character (or at least what you've described of it) well so far, so I trust that you'll pick whatever you feel suits him best. But I agree that a royal prisoner- or perhaps someone that had struck a bargain with a prince like her father, but just happens to be nobility? -makes more sense so far.

When it comes to pictures I do honestly prefer anime although that isn't limited to semi-realistic artwork. And tbh there are many styles of anime/cartoon style work that could work just as well as any generic 'animu' image, so throw em at me and I'll give my honest opinion if that would help.

For myself sometimes I use several pictures to show one character in different states, and if it helps I finished piecing together a mini montage. I ended up settling for a typical brown haired belle type beauty, but with pink eyes which could help her stand out in a subtle way. Honestly trawling through zerochan for the image that feels just right can be a pain, but what I've picked says tailor, and I think it's sweet.

If you think several different images would help represent his character fully, then I say go for it, and if need be link in what you think works best.

Image and links to what I'm thinking of so far if it helps:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
x
x

Also, I'm currently searching quite a bit for RPs so just in case don't expect me to say yes, as I'm still having a good search around and am trying to avoid cluttering my gaia up (although the barton town forums is kinda dead as of recent) smile  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:36 am
Bump~  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:43 am
Don't be put off by the post count, I'm always searching emotion_awesome  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Omniscient Muse

Wheezing Genius

16,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:38 pm
Der Kindernacht
Der Kindernacht

I'm 22 years old.

A crest inspired beast form I like the idea of, and as for the butler/prince, that's up to you as you know his character (or at least what you've described of it) well so far, so I trust that you'll pick whatever you feel suits him best. But I agree that a royal prisoner- or perhaps someone that had struck a bargain with a prince like her father, but just happens to be nobility? -makes more sense so far.

When it comes to pictures I do honestly prefer anime although that isn't limited to semi-realistic artwork. And tbh there are many styles of anime/cartoon style work that could work just as well as any generic 'animu' image, so throw em at me and I'll give my honest opinion if that would help.

For myself sometimes I use several pictures to show one character in different states, and if it helps I finished piecing together a mini montage. I ended up settling for a typical brown haired belle type beauty, but with pink eyes which could help her stand out in a subtle way. Honestly trawling through zerochan for the image that feels just right can be a pain, but what I've picked says tailor, and I think it's sweet.

If you think several different images would help represent his character fully, then I say go for it, and if need be link in what you think works best.

x
x
x

Also, I'm currently searching quite a bit for RPs so just in case don't expect me to say yes, as I'm still having a good search around and am trying to avoid cluttering my gaia up (although the barton town forums is kinda dead as of recent) smile

I think that I like the idea of the lion for the beast form, because lions are typically associated with pride and power, and of course, the prince is somebody very prideful and full of himself. It would only make sense to curse him in a way befitting of his pride, to make a curse of his pride. So he turns into a monstrous lion during the day, and then during the night, at least for the duration of the curse, I'd sort of imagine him carrying some lion-like traits? Thick hair, almost manelike, that he has to struggle with to get it to look nice so that he can wander the castle halls and speak to the beauty without looking like a wild animal.

I'll try to get something drawn up for his appearances in the next couple of days, I've unfortunately been somewhat busy these last few days and unable to find the time to draw him. It'll either end up somewhat in a semi-realistic style, or a bit cartoony, I suppose whichever ends up suiting him better.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:30 am
Der Kindernacht
Der Kindernacht
Der Kindernacht

I'm 22 years old.

x
x
x

I think that I like the idea of the lion for the beast form, because lions are typically associated with pride and power, and of course, the prince is somebody very prideful and full of himself. It would only make sense to curse him in a way befitting of his pride, to make a curse of his pride. So he turns into a monstrous lion during the day, and then during the night, at least for the duration of the curse, I'd sort of imagine him carrying some lion-like traits? Thick hair, almost manelike, that he has to struggle with to get it to look nice so that he can wander the castle halls and speak to the beauty without looking like a wild animal.

I'll try to get something drawn up for his appearances in the next couple of days, I've unfortunately been somewhat busy these last few days and unable to find the time to draw him. It'll either end up somewhat in a semi-realistic style, or a bit cartoony, I suppose whichever ends up suiting him better.

Hate to say this when we've gotten so far into plotting but I'm having second thoughts, just mainly because I'm still searching around and don't want to pile up on RPs and overwhelm myself, so for now this one is a no go.

However, this has helped me define a character for the RP for future use, so thanks anyway ^^  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:30 am
yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:50 am
Two new characters have been added to the second main post~ yum_puddi  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:02 am
Gave the thread a makeover. Also, bump for luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:06 am
Bump~  

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200