Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
What an Unlucky Little Boy (CLOSED - Winner Announced)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:46 am
Once, there was a mighty band of Demons

The Aikanro'Hini was a force to be reckoned with, a group of Lions known for their ferocity...and their insanity. To this group travelled a mad Lioness named Anayejua. This female was completely mad before she came to the lands, having left her original Pride after the slaughter of her own hybrid cubs. In her wandering of these lands, she met a male who was willing to give her cubs, In her distaste, two were given to him. Two stayed behind. One has since left the Aikanaro, and since the Pride's disbandment, the only thing that Ana has been focused on is keeping her now full-grown son in the lands. She will stand with the leaders when they re-group...and she swears her son will too.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:57 am
The Mother and the Pride
User Image

Name:
Anayejua
Demon Name:
Aosoth
Rank and Meaning:
Himy'ainur
The priests of the pride, they are ALWAYS seers. They act as advisers to the leaders, facilitators of multiple ceremonies, and are called upon when blessings are needed in the name of a god. They do not follow just one god, instead striving to act as a voice for all gods followed by the Aegnor.

About the Lioness:
Once a kind lioness, this female went crazy shortly after the birth of her cubs. She wears their pelts about her shoulders, stitched crudely together. While she is a Seer, and one of the Himy'ainur of the Pride, none should ever trust her around their young. Her voice is always soft, and seems very slow and deliberate, despite whatever mood she seems to be in at the time. Behind emerald eyes ,there seems to be something broken, something strange that she never lets from behind her gaze. Anayejua avoids cubs as much as she can, seeming to dislike them, as she puts her paws to her head whenever any come to her.

The Pride
Aegnor'hini

Once upon a time, there was a pride full of lions who believed they housed the souls of demons. They were a strong pride, united by common beliefs despite having two opposing factions of how to execute those beliefs. They were tempered and strengthened by fire, combat, and time. But time is also an enemy. And sometimes, time brings destruction and enemies. With few births in the pride after a point, and members leaving or out of the pride for one reason or another, their numbers were low, and their allies few and far off.

The two-legs came through with their thundersticks and spears and stingers. To survive, the pride of fighters had to scatter to the winds, leaving behind the volcano lands they had once called home.
Seasons passed, and the two-legs left...

But one lioness and a goddess have not forgotten the ways of the pride. They are bringing together others to rebuild the pride, and take back the land they had once called 'home'. And this time, they will try to keep it whole, and hale, and do right by their demonic souls, instead of letting things fall into disarray once more.

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:16 am
The Contest

User Image

Name:
The name of the Cub.
Meaning:
The meaning and LoR (language of Origin)
Sador (THIS DOES NOT GET CHANGED)

Personality:
What's this cub like? How has he been changed and affected, growing up a Slave in the Aikanaro, and stuck there now that it's disbanded?

History:
-Raised by Yana'hine
-Met his mother in Adolesence
-She's been keeping him close ever since
Customise the history around these points! Let me know just what happened to this cub! His thoughts, his ideas! This profile is how I'll pick the winner!

[b]Name:[/b]
The name of the Cub.
[b]Meaning:[/b]
The meaning and LoR (language of Origin)
[b]Rank:[/b]
Sador (THIS DOES NOT GET CHANGED)

[b]Personality:[/b]
What's this cub like? How has he been changed and affected, growing up a Slave in the Aikanaro, and stuck there now that it's disbanded?

[b]History:[/b]
-Raised by Yana'hine
-Met his mother in Adolesence
-She's been keeping him close ever since
Customise the history around these points! Let me know just what happened to this cub! His thoughts, his ideas! This profile is how I'll pick the winner!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:21 am
Contest ends 11/12/14 at 11:59 pm CST EXTENDED

• Be a good sport. Don't be hurt if you don't win! I swear this is being judged fairly.
  • Please read all the information provided to you! It's essential to me |D;
  • If you have any questions, please quote me! I'll be right in to help you out~

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:22 am
Whee, We're OPEN!~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:33 pm
THIS CONTEST WILL BE OPEN UNTIL DECEMBER 5, 2014 AT 5:50 PM CST

Please join ;w;  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Nefarious Muse

Angelic Carnivore

8,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:19 pm
Name: Abdiel

Meaning: Servant of God ( Hebrew)

Sador

Personality:
This lion Acts bitter but not hateful. As a cub he started as most cubs should, however he saw as he grew that the "Demon" in him was everything. He at heart is somewhat kind, but he knows his place and lives accordingly. His bitter mask he wares is what keeps him going, and what makes him seem fierce. But He in fact as an adult aspires to be free of this kind of life.. But he has started to fight another voice in him. A bitter, and sometimes cruel voice.

History:
The Aegnor'hini are good to their own usually, However he was saw to be displeasing to his mother, whom he had only met once every so often, starting in his younger days. His mother.. The one Lioness that he looked very little like and wondered about the most. So he was raised by Yana'hine, The only parental being he had really known growing up. He could feel His mother at times, watching.. But never the less he hadn't noticed her all the time. The two of them did have association here and there, but His mane parent was Yana'hine. As he grew he saw how few there were in number in the pride, and even fewer offspring. His role as Pride slave was rough on him when eh was younger, Several times nearly meeting, but barely missing his death.
There was always talk of the "demon" inside among others, and was all a strangeness until he became a teenager. He didn't feel a.. demon in him.. it was just him, but he knew he could never speak of this to the Pride. Staying quiet seemed to become what he was best at, and learning to fight so that he could uphold the Pride's expectations, but never the less enslaved to them.
Now disbanded, he wonders the fate of the others, but it is now he sees his bitterness was real, and had become something in him. He started to wonder.. What this HIS demon?
The pride felt shattered and leaderless. He wondered if maybe when everything came together again, That He could appear as a leader, and not a slave to these twisted lions... but... What exactly would that take?
The death of the only leader around? could he.. would he.. kill a pride member?
was he so dark?
Over the past several nights and days his sleep has been uneasy. He wrestles with himself, or perhaps.. He wrestles with his Demon. Who is to really say.
He may not let them push him around and treat him as a slave forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:25 pm
Name: 
Dovev
Meaning:
Whisper (Hebrew)
Sador

Personality: 
Dovev, true to his name, is quiet and unassuming, almost sweet. He is a big lion and a dutiful 'little' servant, always obedient and pleasant to his betters. He enjoys serving the demons, and he is proud of where his is in his pride, especially since his rank is now more than a Slave. On the surface, bitterness does not appear to be in his nature. Beneath the surface, however some small frustration burns. It is hard to say whether this is frustration at being unable to do more for his betters, or at his subservient position, but either way it manifests in a light paw and the occasional thing going missing. He keeps his thieving on the down low, taking what he feels is owed or what small thing catches his fancy, and likes to pride himself on being very stealthy despite his bright coat. He is not a demon, though: he would never make any claim to that, nor has he ever been of the aptitude of a hunter. He would have done well as a pleasure-giver, perhaps, but Sador he is and Sador he is glad to be.

History: 

Who is your mother, Whisper?

Dovev, to be honest, had never wondered. In all the years he had been raised by another, it hadn't mattered. All that mattered was that, inside, he bore no darkness inside, and only bright fur outside. Thus, from his earliest moments, he had known what he was: a slave, good for only servitude... and that suited him just fine.

If it hadn't been for her scent, so much like his own, he wouldn't have believed that the beautiful, crazy-eyed black lioness was his mother. But he was delighted to serve her – as perfectly demonic as she was – and when she kept him close at hand, he responded in kind to the rare positive attention he received. As their relationship, such as it was, became closer, he did everything in his limited power to make her comfortable. Anything she would need, he would try to get: he would have given her the pelt off his back if she wanted it, to add to the pelts of his half siblings she already wore.

But of course, she didn't ask him to go that far. Turmoil made the quiet lion withdraw into routines he knew, and as the debris settled, he found himself with considerably more respect than before – from less than zero to a being with rights. Delighted and grateful for the small improvement to his life, he returned to his servitude...

(I'll need to know what servants actually do...)  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 am
DraconicFeline

With the Aegnor'hini now an official pride, and the contest having ended, I'm happy to say that you've won the lovely Sador! Here's a little more detail on Sador:

Sador
Faithful One

The servants of the pride. Those who may have once been called 'slaves' in the Aikanaro, now have a role that is far more one of coexistence than forced servitude. Sador, in exchange for their service, are guaranteed food, shelter, and safety, leaving the demons to worry about other things. They run the gamut in species and coloration, and have certain protections. If a demon is caught abusing a sador, the consequences are harsh and swiftly dealt: depending on the severity of abuse, the punishments range from the abuser being kept from drinking the blood from a meal to becoming a nat.

Beneath his mother, he will be running her 'prophecies' about, kept close by her side, and basically be at her beck and call as her whims are a bit...strange XD; I can't wait to plot with you! Congrats!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:55 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
DraconicFeline

With the Aegnor'hini now an official pride, and the contest having ended, I'm happy to say that you've won the lovely Sador! Here's a little more detail on Sador:

Sador
Faithful One

The servants of the pride. Those who may have once been called 'slaves' in the Aikanaro, now have a role that is far more one of coexistence than forced servitude. Sador, in exchange for their service, are guaranteed food, shelter, and safety, leaving the demons to worry about other things. They run the gamut in species and coloration, and have certain protections. If a demon is caught abusing a sador, the consequences are harsh and swiftly dealt: depending on the severity of abuse, the punishments range from the abuser being kept from drinking the blood from a meal to becoming a nat.

Beneath his mother, he will be running her 'prophecies' about, kept close by her side, and basically be at her beck and call as her whims are a bit...strange XD; I can't wait to plot with you! Congrats!

That sounds excellent! I'll get him certed up and then... we shall have oodles of fun! Do you have an aim?  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:36 pm
DraconicFeline
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
DraconicFeline

Sador
Faithful One

That sounds excellent! I'll get him certed up and then... we shall have oodles of fun! Do you have an aim?

If you toss him in the joining thread I can hop on the mule and accept him for certing. Congrats and welcome!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:39 pm
NovaCracker

If you toss him in the joining thread I can hop on the mule and accept him for certing. Congrats and welcome!

I shall do so then <3  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:07 pm
DraconicFeline

I do! I won't be home for another hour, but when I get on, it'll be on FledglingofSiete  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games