Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Branimir Novak {Undead/Strigoi} (READY)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:03 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Branimir Novak
Nicknames: Brani, Bran, 'mir
Age-apparent: 16

Faction: Undead
Race: Vampire (Strigoi)

Natural Ability: Astral Projection; When Branimir simply doesn't feel quite up to the task of dealing with others, he is able to project his consciousness in a sort of shadow-form. In this way, he's able to deal with the public and his classmates from the comfort of his dorm.

Personality:

Branimir is very proud of his heritage, whatever it may be. He finds himself drawn into the studies of certain places and will eagerly claim them to be his homeland, though in reality, he has no real idea. The strigoi also has a great deal of pride in himself and will refuse to associate with 'lesser creatures', though he occasionally gets pulled into their antics unwillingly.

He does things his own way and looks down on anyone who believes any differently. It is no easy task to change his mind on anything, and most often fail.

Study is one of Branimir's favorite things to do. He's always looking to expand his knowledge, be it through books or practical application. He finds particular fascination in human studies.

He has a soft spot for hoofed creatures. Perhaps some remnant of his life as a human, he is drawn to them, often feeling a sort of calm, almost cheerful when they are near.

Quite the opposite, however, wolves, dogs, canines of any sort set him on-edge. He will avoid them at all costs.

A great deal of his quirks carry over from his life as a human. Despite his current beliefs, he was of no great importance in his village, simply a shepherd's son who was killed by a wolf while defending their flock.

He also has a slight ocd when it comes to numbers. Particularly counting. Large quantities of items pique an obsessive curiosity in him and he finds himself unable to resist counting the items.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?

After his rebirth, Branimir found himself lacking purpose. He chose to enroll in the academy in an attempt to find reason for his life, again.

FEAR Ability: Mistform - The Bite

Dissipating into a thick mist, he covers the battlefield, stealing his opponent's FEAR.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Once a deep, chocolate brown, they've faded to a light amber over the years.
Hair Colour/Style: Straight, roughly chin-length silvery-copper
Skin Colour: Extremely pale
Clothing Style/Colours: A dirt-stained, somewhat tattered long-sleeved button-down shirt and dark brown breeches. Scuffed riding boots finish his look.
Extra: As a newly dead, he was, in tradition, staked into his coffin. The stake, however, was improperly inserted and was never driven into the ground. As such, the stake remains embedded into his chest, though he is free to walk as he pleases.
References:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:35 am
Hey thanks for questing.. let me give you some pointers to smooth out this profile.

-Natural Ability: You shouldn't choose any natural ability that will impose upon the play of others. Draining the energy of those around him imposes too much onto other students. Your student should be weak in power level. If you'd like to have him drain other's energy it should be a controllable power, and he should only be able to absorb minimal amounts. Perhaps this is his form of 'eating', but all powers such as this should have the consent of the players involved. Remember that your student won't 'die' on account of not eating or sucking energy. They are all fueled by FEAR and merely dissipate to the infirmary.

-Personality & History: Several points in both of these section refer to him in his 'human life' and 'rebirth'. Remember that as a Halloween creature, he was NEVER a human. He either formed miraculously from condensed FEAR (existing only as a strigoi for his entire existence) or he was born from a pumpkin to parent(s). He would have never been 'turned' into a vampire, he has always existed as one. This may also void the need for a STAKE in his chest. He would have never walked the human world to be staked.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I apologize if I prematurely critiqued this, but I thought it would help as you developed the character.

figmentwolf

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:25 pm
iloveyouDIE

Okay. For his natural ability, I can attempt to find something else.

However, I did extensive reading and as he is an UNDEAD, he may be a 'rebirth' from his human life. He simply would have no memory of his previous life. Simply 'feelings' of things that may have been familiar if they were a large part of his human life. Such as, he doesn't know why wolves freak him out. Simply that they do. He doesn't know /why/ sheep and such give him the warm fuzzies. Just that he likes sheep. His memories aren't intact, because that life is gone.

Reference guide: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22198097  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:48 am
figmentwolf

You are correct! I apologize.

In that case in order to better streamline his personality, you may want to separate out his 'likes/dislikes' from his personality section. You say in the profile that his 'personality quirks' carry over from his previous life, but it seems only to extend to his likes and dislikes(hoofed animals/canines). Everything else about his personality is in direct contrast to the influence of the humble human life that you have described.

These are just suggestions, not necessary revisions. Personality is always a very flexible portion, as characters change through play, we do try to focus on the NOW (especially with undead and ghosts) as opposed to the past.  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:46 pm
iloveyouDIE

Yes, his personality now tends to be very 'superior' as a "I'm just obviously better than you all. Vampires are superior." sort of thing. His personality will probably continue to develop over time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:42 pm
Minor thing only~!

I am unsure if his FEAR can be approved, and the ability to use 'bat form' is a natural vampire ability typically, versus a FEAR ability. It MIGHT be better to switch the two around so bat form is his nat ability, while FEAR drain is his FEAR attack. It would be less 'invasive' of a nat ability, and be clear on the ability front vrs FEAR front.

FigmentWolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:14 am
He's been fixed up and is ready to go!  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff