Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:00 am
Quote:
User Image

Laufe found himself roaming around in the rogue lands, hunting for his name. But he had to wonder how long it was going to take- it seemed like he had been out there for an eternity. What if he stayed lost forever? He didn't want to think that he would never really move to his proper place in his pride, but with so much time that had passed, he was starting to worry. Doubt had found him, twisting around his thoughts and making it difficult for him to get back to exploring.

He sighed heavily to himself. Somehow, his adventures had brought him closer to his home again, though he didn't really want to see his pridemates at that moment. They might feel pity for him. So he found himself a nice, flat rock to lie himself down on and flopped onto his side, another heavy exhale escaping him.

Maybe a nap would help him.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilija had somehow got separated from the rest of her hunting party. Where they went, she wasn't sure, exactly, but she was an excellent tracker and knew she could find her way to them well enough. If not? Well, she would go home. Back to the mountain.

In her wanderings she came a cross a very bright lion. He was on a rock and looking like he was trying to sleep, and yet she knew this area wasn't the best to sleep in. Hyenas came through here to try to scavenge kills from the parties. A lion alone wouldn't be able to take on two or three of them. So, she just made herself be known, letting toes knock rocks together so she didn't startle him too bad with her words.

"I wouldn't sleep out in the open here... There's hyena scent and tracks everywhere. They'll be walking trough before you know it."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:12 am
Quote:
The lion's ears perked when he heard the presence of another, the somewhat small male raising his head and looking over at his sudden companion. He frowned, more concerned with what she had to say than the fact that she was there with him. It seemed like she was only there to warn him of the danger he had place himself in, not to attack him or tell him to get lost.

"Ah!" He yelped awkwardly, sitting himself up, "I see! I-I didn't even notice. I suppose I must not have been paying enough attention!" Now that she had mentioned it, he could see it, too- clear signs and scents that he would not be safe there. Boy, he was a dunderhead. He got himself off the rock, a sheepish expression on his face.

"Um, thank you," he added softly, "I might have stayed there much too long if not for you. I'm in your debt! My name is... well, Laufe, for now."

His reaction made her chuckle, a low raspy sound like her speaking voice. Shaking her head a little, Lilija just stood still, letting him get himself together until he introduced himself. "Laufe? I'm Lilija." He seemed familiar. His coloration and markings were really familiar and yet she couldn't place him. Maybe from a rogue she'd seen when she was on her name quest?

"When you say for now..? Are you ..on your name quest?" He was a little older for a name quest, but just maybe he was from her home. Maybe she could help him even if he wasn't. But he did say for now, so the guess wasn't completely illogical. A little guidance never hurt anyone, right?  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:44 am
Quote:
"That's right," Laufe sighed heavily. So she was from his pride! He wasn't sure if he was happy about that or not- it seemed like it was good to have her there, of course, but knowing someone from his pride was aware that he still hadn't found his true name... it was a little embarrassing. He looked down at the dirt, playing with the pebbles between in his claws uncomfortably.

"It's been a long time, but I still don't really know what I'm doing. I feel a little ashamed that it's taken me so long..." He looked at the female, tilting his head slightly to one side. "Was it difficult for you to find your name?" He imagined she was not on her quest- it seemed like she was much too confident for that. Maybe she was a hunter, then, or doing something else for the sake of their home. Whatever the case, he envied her.

Seeing how uncomfortable he was, Lilija let her ears fall back a little an then listened to him explain that he was having troubles. Naming quests... She hadn't really thought about hers in a while. "I went on my a couple of years ago. I ..did not come back for a long, long time because I couldn't figure out what my true name was to be. But, around this area I found a small stream. I followed it to a big pond and found it was full of the most unusual flowers. The lily, actually. So I took that as a sign ad said the name, "Lilija. I... just knew that was my true name. It felt good. Like it was a part of me."

She didn't share that story. She honestly wasn't sure she was supposed to share that story, but he seemed like he needed the encouragement.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 am
Quote:
Laufe listened, his ears pointed forward with interest. She explained a bit about what had happened on her journey, and he felt a bit better. Knowing she had taken a long time, too, it somehow helped him feel a little less like he was a complete failure. Maybe it took people a long time to get things done because it was such a personal thing.

Maybe he was being silly.

"I hope I have a moment like that," he sighed lightly, "it would be nice to know my real name soon. I would really like to go home. But as it stands, I need to finish my quest first. I'll never feel complete if I don't." He smiled faintly. "Thanks for telling me your story."

"Don't rush it. I've heard whispers that if you don't actively look for something, that's when it finds you. The pride will always be there. You'll be home soon." She gave the younger male a smile and a hopeful look before looking around again.

"There's dens somewhere close. In a cliff wall. You can rest there if you're tired. Just... be a little more wary about sleeping out in the open." She nodded again and let her tail flick as she shifted her weight, feeling herself start to stiffen up a bit from standing for so long. She had a feeling he'd find his name soon and find his way back.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:14 am
Quote:
"Thank you," Laufe said genuinely, sincerely smiling for what felt like the first time in an eon, "really. I think I might have given up if I hadn't spoken to you. I think you gave me just what I needed to keep looking. And maybe you're right- maybe I shouldn't be hunting so hard. I'll try to take it slower now. I'm sure I'll be able to find my name eventually."

He gave the female a respectful bow before taking a step back. "Thank you," he said again lightly, "I hope to see you around the pride lands when I find my name and get back home! Until then, I think I should get moving. I suddenly find myself with more energy than before. I might not even need to nap," he chuckled.

She chuckled at his sudden energy boost their talk gave him, tail flicking slowly before she bowed her head in return. "Good. I'll see you in the pride soon enough, Laufe. Now I've got to track my way back to my hunting party. Apparently I got focused elsewhere and we split up." It was her turn to look sheepish, and sheepish she did look.

"So, until then.." She ducked her head a bit and then headed out the way she came. Time to retrace her steps.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games