Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Canadian Conventions
Fan Expo!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:26 am
So I thought I would make a new topic about Fan Expo Canada! I personally am from Toronto, and I love going to Fan Expo every year so far for the past three years! Feel free to post pics of your cosplays, talk about Fan Expo- anything you'd like! cat_blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:28 am
Starz-N-Madness
So I thought I would make a new topic about Fan Expo Canada! I personally am from Toronto, and I love going to Fan Expo every year so far for the past three years! Feel free to post pics of your cosplays, talk about Fan Expo- anything you'd like! cat_blaugh

Thanks for adding this topic. smile Could you tell everyone more about Fan Expo Canada? I'm curious as to where and when it is. Also a website address for it would be handy for anyone wanting to learn more about it. I personally live in South Eastern Michigan and I have been to Toronto twice. Toronto is easily one of my favorite cities in the World. So I'm very curious about this Expo. I Love getting any excuse to go to Canada. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:13 pm
Hi Everyone! I apologize for not giving any details about this forum! I am from Toronto, Canada. Every year for the past three years, I have been attending the Toronto Fan Expo which is held at The Metro Toronto Convention Centre downtown! I absolutely love going to conventions! Below is the website below providing further information about it! =] Check it out!

http://fanexpocanada.com/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:26 pm
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness

Thanks for adding this topic. smile Could you tell everyone more about Fan Expo Canada? I'm curious as to where and when it is. Also a website address for it would be handy for anyone wanting to learn more about it. I personally live in South Eastern Michigan and I have been to Toronto twice. Toronto is easily one of my favorite cities in the World. So I'm very curious about this Expo. I Love getting any excuse to go to Canada. smile
Oh, that is amazing because the one I am speaking of, is in Toronto! If you ever visit in the summer, you should definitely attend! It's so much fun_ like any convention, I'm sure! This past summer, I met Vic Mignogna who is the voice of Edward Elric from FMA, Junpei Iori from Persona, Vega in Street Fighter, Death Scythe in Soul Eater.. just to name a few! He was so sweet and funny- one of the nicest people I have ever met! I also met Veronica Taylor, the original voice of Ash Ketchum! So many amazingly talented people were there. I always look forward to that time of year smile

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:35 pm
Starz-N-Madness
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness

Oh, that is amazing because the one I am speaking of, is in Toronto! If you ever visit in the summer, you should definitely attend! It's so much fun_ like any convention, I'm sure! This past summer, I met Vic Mignogna who is the voice of Edward Elric from FMA, Junpei Iori from Persona, Vega in Street Fighter, Death Scythe in Soul Eater.. just to name a few! He was so sweet and funny- one of the nicest people I have ever met! I also met Veronica Taylor, the original voice of Ash Ketchum! So many amazingly talented people were there. I always look forward to that time of year smile

Isn't Anime North in Toronto as well? I have heard a lot of people talk about that one. I didn't get an autograph but I have seen Vic Mignogna from a distance at a con. I didn't know that Veronica Taylor did Ash's voice. I find it interesting that a woman voice acted for Ash's character. Both Ash and Edward Elric are two of my all time favorite characters!! smile

Oh, the first time that I went to Toronto was with my 7th grade class. Talk about the ultimate "field trip". smile We went to a Spaghetti restaurant (Don't remember the name) and to the Toronto Science Center. Back in Junior High school and High school I took every Science class that was offered so I was in my glory at the museum. In 9th grade my class went on a "Field Trip" to Chicago. We went to a lot of different places their including their Science Museums. I Love the architecture of the buildings in Chicago. Each one is different. The Art Museum in Chicago is really nice as well.

So please tell me more about this Fan Expo. I could go to the website but I want to here what you like and dislike about your experiences their. Also I happen to be a Cosplay Photographer and I would be in my glory to do photo shoots with some of the backgrounds in the city. Btw through my Mothers side of the family I'm 6.25 % French Canadian. One of my ancestors married a Native American in Montreal Canada and then they moved to Michigan. So I'm 6.25 % Ojibwa as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:57 pm
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness

Isn't Anime North in Toronto as well? I have heard a lot of people talk about that one. I didn't get an autograph but I have seen Vic Mignogna from a distance at a con. I didn't know that Veronica Taylor did Ash's voice. I find it interesting that a woman voice acted for Ash's character. Both Ash and Edward Elric are two of my all time favorite characters!! smile

Oh, the first time that I went to Toronto was with my 7th grade class. Talk about the ultimate "field trip". smile We went to a Spaghetti restaurant (Don't remember the name) and to the Toronto Science Center. Back in Junior High school and High school I took every Science class that was offered so I was in my glory at the museum. In 9th grade my class went on a "Field Trip" to Chicago. We went to a lot of different places their including their Science Museums. I Love the architecture of the buildings in Chicago. Each one is different. The Art Museum in Chicago is really nice as well.

So please tell me more about this Fan Expo. I could go to the website but I want to here what you like and dislike about your experiences their. Also I happen to be a Cosplay Photographer and I would be in my glory to do photo shoots with some of the backgrounds in the city. Btw through my Mothers side of the family I'm 6.25 % French Canadian. One of my ancestors married a Native American in Montreal Canada and then they moved to Michigan. So I'm 6.25 % Ojibwa as well.

I'm sorry for such a late response! I didn't get a notification. Anime North is held in Toronto as well! Fan Expo is held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre each year. I've been on different days. I find that the Thursday dates are less busy since people work or are in school. I enjoyed going on that day because I got to interact and talk with other artists and guest speakers more than if it were on a more chaotic day. It is always so busy! A lot of people are neck to neck when walking up the aisles, looking at merchandise. I always go in a large group of friends, but throughtout our time there, we sometimes spilt into mini groups so we can cover it all. I try not to buy lots of things, or if/when I do, I will try leaving it to the end, since it is so difficult to be in costume, and holding shopping bags, haha! What I find many people doing is renting a room at the hotel nearby, so they can cosplay the first half of the day, and then switch and go shopping for the rest, or some just use it so they have a place to get ready and keep their belongings- such a smart idea, I should do that next time!

Vic was such a inspiration person to meet. I would really like to get into voice acting- I'm a makeup artist and esthetician, but voice acting is a dream of mine. I always wanted to play a character in an anime! I feel the same way about Edward and Ash! It was such a great experience meeting the voices behind the characters. It's like a childhood dream just came true- I was so happy! You're a cosplay photographer? That is amazing! The makeup I use is high-definition, so it works great with photography! So you enjoyed Toronto when you visited all those times? Chicago is beautiful; I visited there in the summer and drove there with my family. It has beautiful architecture for sure.

That is so cool! So you have some Canadian blood in you! wink If you are a small part Canadian, what is the rest? smile

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:13 pm
Starz-N-Madness
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness

I'm sorry for such a late response! I didn't get a notification. Anime North is held in Toronto as well! Fan Expo is held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre each year. I've been on different days. I find that the Thursday dates are less busy since people work or are in school. I enjoyed going on that day because I got to interact and talk with other artists and guest speakers more than if it were on a more chaotic day. It is always so busy! A lot of people are neck to neck when walking up the aisles, looking at merchandise. I always go in a large group of friends, but throughtout our time there, we sometimes spilt into mini groups so we can cover it all. I try not to buy lots of things, or if/when I do, I will try leaving it to the end, since it is so difficult to be in costume, and holding shopping bags, haha! What I find many people doing is renting a room at the hotel nearby, so they can cosplay the first half of the day, and then switch and go shopping for the rest, or some just use it so they have a place to get ready and keep their belongings- such a smart idea, I should do that next time!

Vic was such a inspiration person to meet. I would really like to get into voice acting- I'm a makeup artist and esthetician, but voice acting is a dream of mine. I always wanted to play a character in an anime! I feel the same way about Edward and Ash! It was such a great experience meeting the voices behind the characters. It's like a childhood dream just came true- I was so happy! You're a cosplay photographer? That is amazing! The makeup I use is high-definition, so it works great with photography! So you enjoyed Toronto when you visited all those times? Chicago is beautiful; I visited there in the summer and drove there with my family. It has beautiful architecture for sure.

That is so cool! So you have some Canadian blood in you! wink If you are a small part Canadian, what is the rest? smile

Hi, I only think that it's right to introduce myself. I'm Ron Cauvin. I've been a Cosplay Photographer since 2009. Feel free to check out the photos that I took at conventions on my Deviant Art Page. Their is a link to my DA page in my Gaia signature. I have fans from 63 countries now and I Love all of the encouragement and complements that I get all of the time.

As for my ethnic background, like most Americans it's quite a mix of different backgrounds and countries. Here is a list for you:

Father's side of family:
1. French (France) - My last name happens to be Cauvin & it comes through my Grandfather's family - Translates to "Hot-Wine", which is ironic since I don't drink.
2. French (Michigan) - My Grandmother's family has several past generations that have lived in Michigan.
3. Scottish
4. German

Mother's side of family:
1. British - My Grandmother was born in London
2. German
3. French Canadian
4. Ojibwa / Chippewa - Great Grand Mother born in Montreal Canada and current descendants live in Central Michigan at the Isabella Chippewa Native American Indian Reservation. One of my Uncles lives in Mt Pleasant Michigan which is next door to the Isabella Reservation. I have gone to many Native American Cultural celebrations on this reservation with my Uncle. The celebrations are otherwise known as Indian Pow Wow's.

Now I'm interested in your background and a friendship. I'm going to send you a request. It would be nice to get to know you better. Just to let you know, I only want to be a friend. I've been happily married for over 19 years and yes both my wife Sue and I have friends of both sexes. We don't discriminate anyone for any reason. smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:49 pm
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness
smithers456
Starz-N-Madness

Hi, I only think that it's right to introduce myself. I'm Ron Cauvin. I've been a Cosplay Photographer since 2009. Feel free to check out the photos that I took at conventions on my Deviant Art Page. Their is a link to my DA page in my Gaia signature. I have fans from 63 countries now and I Love all of the encouragement and complements that I get all of the time.

As for my ethnic background, like most Americans it's quite a mix of different backgrounds and countries. Here is a list for you:

Father's side of family:
1. French (France) - My last name happens to be Cauvin & it comes through my Grandfather's family - Translates to "Hot-Wine", which is ironic since I don't drink.
2. French (Michigan) - My Grandmother's family has several past generations that have lived in Michigan.
3. Scottish
4. German

Mother's side of family:
1. British - My Grandmother was born in London
2. German
3. French Canadian
4. Ojibwa / Chippewa - Great Grand Mother born in Montreal Canada and current descendants live in Central Michigan at the Isabella Chippewa Native American Indian Reservation. One of my Uncles lives in Mt Pleasant Michigan which is next door to the Isabella Reservation. I have gone to many Native American Cultural celebrations on this reservation with my Uncle. The celebrations are otherwise known as Indian Pow Wow's.

Now I'm interested in your background and a friendship. I'm going to send you a request. It would be nice to get to know you better. Just to let you know, I only want to be a friend. I've been happily married for over 19 years and yes both my wife Sue and I have friends of both sexes. We don't discriminate anyone for any reason. smile
It's a pleasure to "meet" you. I'm Stephanie. Wow, that is amazing! I will definitely make sure I check out your DA page! You have a great heritage - unfortunately for myself there isn't much to say. I was born and raisedin Canada, my mother was born in Italy and my father was also born in Canada. All my relatives were born in Italy- Calabria. I will accept your friend request now and we can talk more through PM! Congrats to you and your wife- that's so nice being married for 19 years smile

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
Canadian Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers