Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Winter Court at play (Shinsei/Jengo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 am
CaliWolfe

Shinsei stretched and looked out over the land carefully, sighing. She'd roamed so many homes to come here, Still, new years seemed fitting for a new one and she sighed as she loped along, her daughter away for the time to explore. It was hard to not be lonely without others, but the pride scattered and she had to accept the male she'd liked was... Missing, and it hurt, the female moving along slowly to lay by a pool. Gatita was busy away from her, and Shinsei studied the water in silence, ears flat.

She missed others. Was she cursed to isolation?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:51 am
NovaCracker

Jengo had just about enough of others!

Sure, his days of solitary confinement from the mountains where he had come from weighed heavily on his shoulders. He did indeed have a longing to meet with others and speak with them and the land he now called home gave him that opportunity.

But seriously, he didn't need a hyena following him like a homing dove.

Yukiko had long ago given up on trying to find the beige cheetah, as he walked across the ground with his ears flattened against his skull. He however was not accepting of this. Every moment of a plant, a tree, or a rock made him twitch with the expectation that she'd pop out.

A dedicated loony, that one was.

Today Jengo found himself heading in a beeline for Shinsei, although he had not seen her initially and was a bit surprised when he raised his head to see her laying next to a pool. "Ah! Uh... I... Erm." He coughed and cleared his throat. "Hello."

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:00 am
CaliWolfe

Shinsei's ears pricked up when the other cheetah appeared. He looked rather hassled and harried by something, and the female tilted her head in confusion as she blinked a bit, tail switching.

"Hello." She greeted, though her tone was confused. "Are you alright?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:24 pm
NovaCracker

"Yes, yes, I'm fine." He reassured her with a dismissal of the subject with his paw. Ugh, people always asked him that now a days, and it was irritating. Not annoying, not frustrating, irritating. It made his hairs stand on end when he was clearly perfectly fine!

Jengo suddenly seemed away of how arrogant that had sounded, and was swift to correct himself. "Er, sorry that was rude of me. My name is Jengo," he greeted the female properly this time. "I'm just a little wound up is all. Might I ask your name?"

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:30 pm
CaliWolfe

Shinsei didn't seem bothered, instead smiling warmly and rising to bow politely.

"Shinsei Batsu, or just Shinsei. It's nice to meet you Jengo." She grinned. "Yeah, I get that. I sometimes get wound myself, though in my case I have a ratel that follows me around."

It was admitted with no shame, really - the ratel was kind enough, if grumpy.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:43 pm
NovaCracker

"Heh. I think I'd prefer a ratel to a hyena!" He told to her. He then wondered if she knew, if anyone knew about his hyena stalker. It must have fluttered by someone's ears right? Then again Yukiko had never actually shown up at the pride.

Jengo was starting to think he was just paranoid. Though he was far from admitting it to be the truth.

"Er... Shinsei, sorry to have disturbed you like this." He hadn't intended to actually run into anyone so much as he was trying to run away from them all. Just for a few minutes at the very least Jengo wanted some alone time before resuming his conversations with the other unseelie of his court.

He then eyed the pool. "You must have considered swimming before I showed up huh?"

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:57 pm
CaliWolfe

"I agree, even if Gatita's vicious." Shinsei beamed.

"It's alright.. I was only thinking. Being a little lonely really." She admitted. "I lived by water a while. Am I blocking it?" She blinked, frowning in concern, and looked to the water.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:30 pm
NovaCracker

Vicious? Oh dear, well Jengo wasn't certain if he liked obsessive or vicious better. Both seemed undesirable.

"Er- no, no! You are not- you..." Jengo sighed, making no effort to cover his distress at trying to keep his thoughts organized. He cleared his throat before speaking again, this time trying to seem less panicked. "Where I was born being lonely is the only option you really had. Sometimes I find it nice when trying to sort out your thoughts. Though I suppose you don't view it the same way?" He chuckled lightly, with a slight nervous tone.

Jengo was not accustom to being... Friendly. Or rather, not grumpy. In his new home and court he was trying to make it work, and change himself for the better. It was just a bit of a difficult situation.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:40 pm
CaliWolfe

"No, when I was small I had Mama and my siblings." Shinsei admitted. "Though eventually I left. Then... I lost my last home and someone I cared for disappeared." Shinsei didn't blame him a bit, though. Instead the femakle shook her head, sighing.

"I used to be terribly silly."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:53 pm
NovaCracker

Jengo nodded. He supposed someone who had siblings and a mother who cared then maybe it was an understandable quality as to why they would feel distress when alone. Kind of like how he felt distressed when in company of others, only a reverse of the affect.

He frowned at the mention of losing someone she cared for deeply. “My condolences.” He told her with a slight bow of his head. He wondered if she had lost them because an accident that mother nature had decided to bring forth and interfere with. Or… Was it an entirely unrelated subject? Perhaps the pride had fallen, perhaps it was simply a social issue that caused for them to leave. Regardless, Jengo would not pry. Feeling it too much too rude of him to invade on the privacy of such a subject.

“Being silly isn’t neccesarily a bad thing.” He told her, thinking back to his relation with Yukiko.

Yukiko was silly. She was also a hyena who followed him around twenty-four seven… Maybe being silly was kind of a bad thing after all.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:47 am
CaliWolfe

"It is when you're foolish."

Foolish and alone.

"It is when it leaves you with cubs and one disappears. Or when you can't be alone well after a pride crumbles. Or when it lets you down -- sorry. I shouldn't be unloading on someone, though." Shinsei's ears pinned and she looked to her paws.

"I just -- get a bit sad and rambly over it."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:38 pm
NovaCracker

As the female told Jengo what she wished he was not one who was oblivious to the pain and anger in her voice. "Sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up." He told her, somewhat sheepishly.

He perked his ears up at the sound of approaching voices.

"Er... Would you, ah. Do you want to head back now?" He fought for the correct words. "What I mean is- you'll be less lonely. Many of our own are considerably less silly." Well, compare to other courts at least. "Perhaps that will make you feel better?" He suggested.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces