[PRP] A Little Pain, A Little Pleasure

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:44 pm
User Image Fear was something Los wasn't familiar with. When others told him their fears, he couldn't quite wrap his mind around why those things made someone fearful. Everyone was going to die some day. Pain was inevitable. Disappointment was part of life. All the fears he could rationalize and he left every conversation shaking his head in confusion.

Today one of his many children had asked him if he had been scared when the Firekin had charged them on their recent god hunt. He had laughed and said no, of course not. Pain made him excited, it felt good. A death by the paws of the Firekin would have resulted in eternal glory. There was literally nothing to fear.

He currently sat on the edge of the Nergui's lands, eyes trained into the rougelands beyond. He leaned down to lick at a wound he had sustained from the fighting, but every time he lapped at it he grinned. It reminded him for the glory of the fight, how one of his sons had died at the hands of the Firekin and how he would be immortalized forever in Nergui song. How his daughter had played a huge part in bringing down the goddess that they had chased. Yes, he was very proud of the children he had raised, and to be honest, he missed having pups to bring up.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:16 pm
SilverLutz

Gandama had been chased quite a distance away from her home and her friends, and she was beginning to miss them fiercely. If only she had been paying attention to where she had ended up, or the direction she was running, then she would know how to get back. None of this looked familiar, though, so she would keep going this way and then turn around when it became all too clear that this was, in fact, the wrong way.

She had a sinking feeling that it was. Again.

It put her in a bad mood, and she was frowning as she walked along, scowling at the grass under her paws as if it was somehow to blame for her being lost. She did notice how the ground and scenery around here had shifted away from what she was used to, another great sign that she was completely lost.

Damn that Goddess.

She glanced up when she caught the scent of another hyena nearby, looking at him and frowning. She got closer than she would have liked, normally, but she had not been paying enough attention. She paused, staring at him, not liking the look of him, or this place.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:06 pm
Los was so involved in cleaning his wound that he didn't notice the approach of the newcomer until the wind changed and blew her scent towards him. He lifted his head instantly, brown eyes locking on the female that stood a few good leaps away. There was no way he'd be able to get up and reach her before she took off...not that he was the kind to randomly attack someone. Perhaps she had heard of their cause and had come to join!

"Hello," he called out, tail wagging just a bit. As savage as he could be in battle, when he wasn't fighting Los was a pretty friendly hyena. It was a deceptive trait he had, hiding away his bloodlust and desire to bring glory to his pride. Of course, if anyone asked, he wouldn't have called it deceptive. While the greater good was always at the back of his mind and everything he did was for the benefit of those he worked for, he was genuinely an outgoing and social guy.

"What brings you to the Nergui?" he asked, remaining on his belly so he wouldn't be too imposing. He'd only attack if attacked first, or if someone told him to, so all things considered he was probably one of the best Nergui to come across.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:03 am
SilverLutz

Gandama was not in the best mood. She was in pain, she was tired, and she was hungry from her long run. Being chased by a Goddess over several days and a great distance tended to do that to someone, or she imagined it would if anyone else had the same kinds of problems she did.

Which was probably unlikely, but whatever. She knew what was going on, and decided she had plenty of reason to be a little grumpy.

She heard the voice, though, and frowned at the source.

"Nergui?" She asked, shaking her head. That wasn't a word she heard before, but she assumed it was where he lived. "I don't know. I was chased here, I wasn't trying to come here. Why? You want to pick a fight with me too? Because I might look bad but I can still kick your butt, mister."

Well, she was not too sure about that. Really, she was not much of a fighter, but did what she had to do to defend herself and her friends. But considering how bad off she was now, she doubted she could take a strong looking hyena like this one.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:41 pm
Ah, she had never heard of them before. That was all right, of course. Los knew they weren't wide-spread just yet. The name Nergui instilled fear in the hearts of a few prides, but soon it would be well known all over the savanna. He laughed at her spirit and he stood, wagging his tail.

"Oh no, I'm not looking for a fight. Chased here, hm? Perhaps it's a sign," he said with a grin. Moving forward, he circled her for a moment before sitting down before her. "I'm Los, and you are more than welcome to rest here from your pursuer if you wish. We'll make sure to keep them at bay."

He was confident he could, given that he had just taken part in a god hunt that had been successful and then faced down a group of Firekin. Los wasn't one to toot his own horn, but that was a very nice line of success he had going on.

"So, why were you being chased?"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:00 pm
SilverLutz

Gandama watched him as he circled her, letting out a soft warning growl just in case he got any smart ideas of attacking her when he walked behind her. She turned a bit to keep her eye on him, not wanting to give him the chance. She could not help but be nervous and on her toes.

At his words, though, she relaxed a little.

Though she had been in a lot of trouble as of late, she also knew how valuable the help of a stranger could be. For someone else, she had been that stranger, offering a lion help and saving a life, and then the favor had been returned and she ended up with two very dear friends she had never expected to make.

It was always a danger, trusting others, but she wanted to. What other choice did she have? She needed the help.

"I made a very bad enemy, and she hasn't quite forgiven me yet. I just want to get away from her... and rest. I haven't stopped running for... I don't know. But I'm tired. I appreciate the help, Los. Oh. I'm Gandama. Sorry about the growling."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:25 pm
The growling made Los bare his teeth in return, but in a grin. Oh, she thought she could actually fight him if he decided to attack? What a silly girl. But he liked that she wasn't cowering before him, so he continued to grin as she relaxed. There, that was better, wasn't it? Yes, he liked this one...perhaps he could get something in return from her. His pups were all grown up from the past two females he had found, and he could do to raise a few more. She had the spunk and bite that he liked in females that made tough offspring...

"Oh dear...that's never a wise thing to do," he said with a little laugh, his voice deep but the cackle high and eerie as all hyenas laughs were. "You always want very good enemies, because then they'll never do anything but be honest and just and that is how you win." It was good to have a good enemy. They were very honorable and strong in battle, but they'd always do something foolish like try to save a cub or risk their lives for something old or ill that didn't deserve to live.

"But don't worry. My den isn't far from here if you'd like some shelter to rest in. I'm not at all tired and can stand guard to make sure your enemy doesn't come looking for you. What do they look like?" he added as he started to walk, not limping despite the wound on his leg.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:32 pm
SilverLutz

Gandama sighed and shook her head, shrugging her shoulders lightly.

"I will have to remember that for the next time I pick my enemy, so I don't make the same mistakes. I can't say I've enjoyed this one so far."

She got up to follow him, noting his leg, though he was not limping on it and she was impressed enough with that. She tried not to limp either, though her whole body was exhausted, and everything seemed to hurt in equal measure. Maybe it was a little bit of pride flaring up, but she wanted to look at least a little tough, after her terrible introductions. She looked like a wuss, running from someone, and she imagined he was amused by her.

"She's not hard to spot. Large lioness, sandy colored fur, covered in bone necklaces and jewelry. Giant wings. She goes by the name of Afriti, the Goddess, ironically enough for me, of Villainy." She sighed, her head drooping a bit as she walked. She looked very tired, despite her best efforts.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Los nodded in agreement and slowed his pace to let Gandama keep up. She was hurt, that much he could see, and she was trying to keep a tough face. Yes, he liked this one. Circling her a bit, he pressed up against her side to let her lean against him a bit as they walked. Just because he didn't consider pain a bad thing didn't mean others enjoyed it as much as he did.

When she spoke of her enemy, however, he let out a laugh. "Oh, a goddess?" he asked, licking his muzzle at the memory of the battle. "Yes, you have nothing to fear here. Gods do not tread on our lands. We bring them down from the sky, rip off their wings, blind them, feast on their flesh...they fear us," he said, wagging his tail. "This wound on my leg is from our last encounter with a goddess. She fell as many have before her," he murmured, chuckling just a bit. "Oh, it was a wonderful battle..."

He paused by his den, nudging Gandama to go into the rocky shelter. "Here, you go in and sleep. I'll sit out here and keep an eye out, and ask some of the Dhlurr to bring us some food." Well, more like tell. No one asked the slaves to do anything, they were either told what to do or forced to do something. He had a reputation as an enforcer of the rules around here, though, so many of the slaves were afraid of him and would do as he said without question.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:06 am
SilverLutz

She leaned on him despite herself, but looked grumpy as she did so.

She did not want to rely on anyone for help, but she needed it now, and since she did not have her little strange family to help her. She was really starting to miss the lioness and hyena that had stumbled into her life and made her wonder what it was like to have a real family. She cared for them like they were cubs, though they were hardly young enough for her pampering.

They didn't complain, though, and let her do as she wanted.

"Fear you, hm? That does sound nice, though I'm not sure this one fears anything at all. Still, if you guys say you can fight them off, that'll help me rest easier, at least. I appreciate the help, thank you. I'll find some way to repay you for it." She wobbled into the den at his urging, laying down slowly and taking a breath once she was comfortable. She felt like going to sleep almost immediately, but she didn't want to be rude, oddly enough.

Generally being rude or not was not a concern.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:51 am
Los helped her into his den and watched as she made herself comfortable. As she spoke about resting easy, he nodded and wagged his tail just a bit. "Good. We live simply here, but when the right rogue comes along we can be very hospitable." Well...some of them could be. He was one of them, so she should probably consider herself lucky to have run into him.

"I'll go outside now. Rest as much as you want," he added with a toothy grin. "We'll talk about repaying me when you've got your strength back." He already had something in mind and hopefully she'd agree. Turning away from Gandama, he parked his back end outside the den so no one could enter without him saying so. He kept an alert eye, ear, and nose to the wind, making sure that no gods would come to bother his 'friend'.

Lithiasaur
Last post from me!

[IC] Nergui Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces