Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:36 pm
Safaia

User Image

Aoi lay beside a fresh kill. She had been hungry when she had managed to catch the gazelle fawn. The female had eaten quickly. Now she was licking the bones clean and savoring the marrow as she cracked each one in her powerful jaws. She slurped out some marrow and licked her lips.

"Yum! That hit the spot." Belly full, Aoi debated her options. Stay and nap or continue on her way. Since she wasn't really heading anywhere in particular, maybe the nap was the best option. She got up and moved several paces away from the remains of her meal. The scavengers could pick over what was left now. She curled up and tucked her nose under her purple tail.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sina was singing along to herself as she walked, the little brown hyena blending in quite well with the dry grass. The rainy season hadn't quite started yet, so she was enjoying the sound of the crunching grass under her paws, a false sense of strength welling up in her chest. She was definitely on the scavenger side of the hyena trade, not skilled as a hunter. Somehow she had gotten along well enough, surviving if a bit scruffy.

"Ah!" The smell of food. She knew there probably wouldn't be much left, but every little bit helped. She picked up the pace, her song dimming down to a dull hum as she discovered the meal.

With a wrinkle of her nose, she realize that there was even less than she had anticipated. She picked at what was left, getting a couple bites in before she noticed the other hyena. It was still, but Sina hadn't been quiet at all. Did she hear her?

"Er....if this was yours, sorry," she said between her small bites, not willing to pause her eating.

magnadearel

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:31 pm
Safaia

The blue female looked up with surprise as the expected scavenger came in an unexpected form. Aoi arched her brow as she saw the brown female eating what little remained. "I was done with it. It's all your if you want." With mild interest she kept her head up and watched. She didn't move from where she was laying though.

Aoi wondered how well this hyena was eating if she was willing to eat what Aoi had left. She knew that if she'd come across those remains herself, she would have turned up her nose unless she was really hungry. "So..." she tried some conversation. "I'm Aoi. What's your name?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:38 pm
Ah, well, it didn't seem like she was going to get chased off. Score one for Sima! It didn't take much to chase Sina off, since she was nothing of a fighter, either. At least she could go another day without worrying about food too much. She couldn't even recall the last time she had a full belly, so she didn't think she was missing anything from not having one.

"Sina," she said between a few rips of interesting-looking meat. Interesting...and not super appetizing, but it worked. "Thanks for sharing," she added on, licking her mouth as she decided she had taken what she could. Looking down...there really wasn't much else to eat, which left her satisfied.

"Been a bit since I ate, so I appreciate it Aoi."

magnadearel

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:56 pm
Safaia

She tried to keep her expression neutral instead of showing the pity she felt as she watched the hyena scavenge whatever she could. Her mind was trying to find a way to make an offer without offending the clearly independent hyena.

"Pleasure to meet you Sina. If I'd know you were in the area, I would have saved you more than that." The fawn hadn't been that big, but she felt bad that the other was only getting sub-par scraps. Aoi tilted her head, "you appreciate just my scraps? No, I'd rather you come hunt with me then we feast together." It was the best way she could offer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:32 pm
Sina shrugged. "I'm in and around everywhere." She didn't mind it. Her home pack had disbanded, but she hadn't really learned enough to take care of herself. The males had always done that...so here she was, surviving my scrounging around for whatever she could find. In a lot of ways...it was freeing.

"Ah, you're very kind...but. I'm not a hunter. I've tripped over my own legs often enough that I've settled to just finding leftovers." She shrugged, but inched a bit closer to Aoi, since the blue hyena was up for a bit of conversation.

"I'm a bit thin, but it works. Unless I could work as a distraction or something, you'd end up with most of the work," she sighed, frowning.

magnadearel

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:44 pm
Safaia

Sina had a point. There was no way Aoi could know she was going to be in the area. It was the same with her. She never knew where she was going to end up at a particular time. "I like to wander to. Do you know this area well?" It was like she had a broad generalized map in her head. Nothing really detailed unless she decided to stay in a area for a long time, which didn't happen often.

"Oh really? That's too bad, I would have enjoyed having a hunt with you. Mmmm if you don't mind being the distraction it could work." Aoi smiled as the female inched closer. She kept her ears up in an alert, but friendly pose. "No one should be thin if they don't have to be. For a bit of work on my part, we'll go hunt then you can tell me a story while you eat." The female paused a moment, then corrected herself, "or maybe after you eat. Deal?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:54 pm
magnadearel
I am so sorry that this is so freakin' old, but its close to being done and I'm sure you'd appreciate it ;;

"A distraction I shall be, that works for me. I'll try to drive them over towards you so it's easier for you to grab something..." Is this how hunting in pairs went? Well, whatever, hopefully they'd get something, even if it was just a preybeast tripping over its own legs.

"After we eat. I know you just ate some, but you'll be doing the majority of the work, so you get the choice bits if you work up an appetite." Sina smiled brightly. "And then we can talk, definitely a deal!"  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:40 pm
Safaia
<3

Aoi grinned as they reached a compromise. "Sounds good!" She shook her head, "you are doing a fair share of work. You save me much energy and time from stalking close enough to the herd by driving them toward me. By being visible and spooking the herd your doing as much work as I am." The hyena replied full of confidence. She knew how hard it was to hunt alone. The herd would be more concerned about the visible hyena and not consider if one was hidden.

"We can split it." Aoi was kind-hearted and generous. She would give anything she could to those who needed a bit more. Finding a new friend was always a bonus. "And stories! I love stories!" She jumped up and down. "Alright I'm going to get into place over there and conceal myself in those bushes. Go out and find us something tasty and push it toward me." The female gave a lopsided grin then set out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:37 pm
Everything was set, and Sina was amazed how accommodating her new friend was. She didn't think she was doing so much work, running after some wildebeests like a goof. "Alright then, let's get started."

She waited until it seemed like Aoi was set, and ran off to stir up some food. This would be quite the hilarious stunt, but at least she made a new friend out of this adventure, and hopefully some fun story exchanges.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas